Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #2926
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Face
Can't wait... This fight would be a slug fest just like the 1st one.

1st fight was not a slugfest at all..the bradley-provodnikov fight was a good slugfest
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #2927
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mesiah
Wonder if Bob is going to budge on that date, or will chavez save him the trouble and fake a "injury" while pushing close to 2 bills to postpone the fight.
why would he budge on that date? Not the same date as Canelo, even at that, Chavez-GGG is a more entertaining matchup.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #2928
Tarik One
NBA sixth man of the year

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Pacquiao is DONE, he's washed up, he doesn't have the killer instinct/fire he once had, and I'm willing to bet his punch resistance has gone south.

Manny's going to eat something coming in and get stopped. He'll fall behind on points from Bradley's counters and get wreckless. A healthy, uninjured (unlike their last fight) Bradley is winning this fight for sure.

Last edited by Tarik One : 04-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #2929
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that Pacquiao is DONE, he's washed up, he doesn't have the killer instinct/fire he once had, and I'm willing to bet his punch resistance has gone south.

Manny's going to eat something coming in and get stopped. He'll fall behind on points from Bradley's counters and get wreckless. A healthy, uninjured (unlike their last fight) Bradley is winning this fight for sure.

Bradley is not stopping Pacquiao. He isn't going to beat you like that. He is a great tactician, and works just about harder than anyone, but he doesn't have that power.

I'd love to see Bradley against Mayweather. He is one of the few guys that I think could give Floyd some problems, just on his swarming and relentless style.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #2930
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Re-watching the Bradley-Pacquiao fight, I can't help but be impressed by Bradley's defense, especially in the second half of the bout and considering the injuries he sustained. Despite Lampley going completely insane every time Pac threw a combination, the vast majority of his punches were either caught on Bradley's gloves, parried or, at worst, Bradley rolled with them to take away a lot of their steam.

Bradley stayed in the pocket quite a bit, too. That's really dangerous territory when you're fighting Pacquiao with punches coming from all directions. Very impressive.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #2931
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

joshua clottey drops anthony mundine 5 times for a UD

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/3...imous-decision
Old 04-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #2932
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
joshua clottey drops anthony mundine 5 times for a UD

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/3...imous-decision
I have said on here numerous times Mundine is a amazing athlete but the guy is not a great boxer at all anyone who gets KO'ed by Garth "from the Hood" Wood is not a good boxer. He's made a living of talking while beating up bums and his suspect chin every time it's tested has for the most part failed him.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #2933
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I have said on here numerous times Mundine is a amazing athlete but the guy is not a great boxer at all anyone who gets KO'ed by Garth "from the Hood" Wood is not a good boxer. He's made a living of talking while beating up bums and his suspect chin every time it's tested has for the most part failed him.

just like billy dib
Old 04-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #2934
the mesiah
I'M GOD GIFTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
why would he budge on that date? Not the same date as Canelo, even at that, Chavez-GGG is a more entertaining matchup.
Ain't no way it's more entertaining,watchin blown up GGG fight a no skilled fat ass walking punching bag who going to get up in the 180's fight night .GGG going to dominate chavez plus top rank's undercards are garbage.Lara/Canelo will have lot of intrigue and TRUE weight supremacy is at stake, plus undercard will prob have mares,Santa Cruz , depending how Figueroa looks in the next bout in April could be up with linares on same card.gbp being first on the 12th with that lineup will sell lot better than the top rank BS and people will be hesitant to pay the back burner on back to back ppvs.
the mesiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #2935
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mesiah
Ain't no way it's more entertaining,watchin blown up GGG fight a no skilled fat ass walking punching bag who going to get up in the 180's fight night .GGG going to dominate chavez plus top rank's undercards are garbage.Lara/Canelo will have lot of intrigue and TRUE weight supremacy is at stake, plus undercard will prob have mares,Santa Cruz , depending how Figueroa looks in the next bout in April could be up with linares on same card.gbp being first on the 12th with that lineup will sell lot better than the top rank BS and people will be hesitant to pay the back burner on back to back ppvs.
Blame it on C Jr. Arum orinally wanted the date of July 12, but Chavez said he won't be ready until July 19. And bam, a few weeks later, Canelo says he wants the Jul 12 date,
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #2936
the mesiah
I'M GOD GIFTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Blame it on C Jr. Arum orinally wanted the date of July 12, but Chavez said he won't be ready until July 19. And bam, a few weeks later, Canelo says he wants the Jul 12 date,
Actually it's the drama with Azteca tv since they got a good relationship with bob but the World Cup consolation game is july 12th and everyone knows World Cup soccer is king, but it don't phase canelo and Schaefer.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #2937
iamgine

So Bradley claimed he had watched the fight back and scored it 8 to 4.

Has anyone watched it back and properly scored it? When I watched it live I thought Bradley won but just barely.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #2938
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine

Has anyone watched it back and properly scored it? When I watched it live I thought Bradley won but just barely.

I scored it 6-6 while watching in a pub, being slightly distracted and hearing the annoying HBO crew with their Manny bias.
I scored it 7-5 to Bradley on a second viewing.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #2939
the mesiah
I'M GOD GIFTED!

Quote:

Last time I saw it (sometime early last year I had it 9-3 I believe and that's being generous , but when I first saw it live I had it 10-2 ..maybe as years go by and I get more blind I'll eventually see it 8-4 Bradley like all of a sudden everybody does ..I doubt it tho..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #2940
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:

I haven't scored it since the night of the controversy. That night, I actually did go back and score the rounds. I think I came out 7-5 for Pacquiao, but I also noted that the vast majority of the rounds were incredibly close and could have gone either way.

There was a travesty that night... it was HBO's commentating crew.

While I haven't scored the fight recently, I did re-watch it the other night and it was truly amazing. Lampley essentially stopped calling the fight after the fourth round. All he did from that point forward was talk about how Pacquiao is an unstoppable force.

During a lot of his longwinded rants, Bradley was doing really good work. The only one who seemed to care even a little bit was Max, but even he fell under Lampley's spell.

It's easy to say you aren't influenced by the commentators, but they can have a massive impact on how people view the fight. I don't believe, if this fight had been called properly, there would have been even close to the outcry that we saw.

To have this an 11-1, 10-2 fight is a joke. Flat-out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUw-FoGDWU8
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: