Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #2926
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Broner wants a rematch with Maidana.

I think almost the whole world was wrong, he's not ready for the 147 welterweight division. He moved up way too fast and is too young, he's still growing. He just turned 24. I thought he would have been alright at this weight but he's too young. He should have let himself naturally grow into the division unsteady of just moving up. He was fighting at 130 not even 18 months ago I believe.

A lot of people predicted he would lose based on how bad he looked against Paulie. It wasn't a big surprise.

Quote:
Should have cleaned house at 135 lightweight. Could have gotten all four belts there as Abril, Vazquez and Ricky Burns were not beating him.

Abril and Vasquez are very tricky and tough to look good against. I wouldn't be suprised if they beat Broner. Also, Terrence Crawford beats Broner. He's much more well-rounded.

Quote:
Than by 25 goin on 26 he could move to junior welterweight and battle whoever would be there in a year or two having naturally grown into the division.

But staying at welterweight, I can't see him beating any of the top dogs. Unless he just had a bad night Saturday and I give him the benefit of the doubt (which I already did with Paulie Malignaggi. DonD13, Paulie is not bad he's a 2 weight champ for a reason, if it wasn't for his hand injures, he wouldn't have those 5 loses.) it hurts me to say this, AB's not beating anyone in the top ten, too small.

Mayweather
Shawn Porter
Robert Guerrero
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto
Keith Thurman
Devon Alexander
Zab Judah
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley at Top Rank, so fights can't happen anyway.

He might be able to beat Zab Judah, if he fights like he did Paulie last week. The one vs. Garcia, not too sure. He's the same age as Mayweather though.
That might be a good move for GB, put Zab and Broner together. It was rumored to be mad as the next match when both won their matches (yes, both were supposed to win those fights, per Golden Boy, lol.)
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #2927
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Broner is straight trash. Overrated trash. Throw him in there with someone who has skill and more than pillows for fists and he loses in lopsided fashion.

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #2928
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
A lot of people predicted he would lose based on how bad he looked against Paulie. It wasn't a big surprise.

Abril and Vasquez are very tricky and tough to look good against. I wouldn't be suprised if they beat Broner. Also, Terrence Crawford beats Broner. He's much more well-rounded.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt vs. Paulie. It was his first fight at 147 and Paulie is no push over. It is the best name on his win resume. He looked even worse vs. Maidana.

I can't see them beating Broner. Crawford yes, but he's at Top Rank so he wouldn't even have to worry about him.

I wanna see who calls him out next. Just last week, Porter, Thurman, Paulie and Robert Guerrero called him out for a shot at his belt after the Maidana fight (they all thought he'd whip Maidana.)

I think Richard Schafer is hurt, while GB had a banner year on Showtime, three of his biggest stars lost their "0" in Abner Mares first, Canelo and now Broner. Broner and Canelo were supposed to be their next PPV stars. I guess they can still be PPV names if they win their next match-ups. Danny Garcia, Leo Santa Cruz, Keith Thurman, Peter Quillin, Deontay Wilder and Jermell Charlo are their next guys with "0" they want to keep them for as long as possible
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #2929
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I gave him the benefit of the doubt vs. Paulie. It was his first fight at 147 and Paulie is no push over. It is the best name on his win resume. He looked even worse vs. Maidana.

I can't see them beating Broner. Crawford yes, but he's at Top Rank so he wouldn't even have to worry about him.

I wanna see who calls him out next. Just last week, Porter, Thurman, Paulie and Robert Guerrero called him out for a shot at his belt after the Maidana fight (they all thought he'd whip Maidana.)

I think Richard Schafer is hurt, while GB had a banner year on Showtime, three of his biggest stars lost their "0" in Abner Mares first, Canelo and now Broner. Broner and Canelo were supposed to be their next PPV stars. I guess they can still be PPV names if they win their next match-ups. Danny Garcia, Leo Santa Cruz, Keith Thurman, Peter Quillin, Deontay Wilder and Jermell Charlo are their next guys with "0" they want to keep them for as long as possible

i wouldn't mind broner-guerero. 2 former lightweight champions
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #2930
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Well he can't even make 135lbs anymore, so 140 is his best bet. Even then, half the welters can make 140 too so....he is kind of f*cked.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #2931
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mayweather's comments on rios testing positive for banned substance

Quote:
Mayweather, on the other hand, refused to say anything bad about Rios. “Keep you head up champ, stay focused,” he told Rios in a video by Ben Thompson of Fight Hype. “I’m not here to judge you. You’re only human. We all make mistakes. Keep your head up high. Just come back and bounce back like a true champion. I have nothing negative to say about anyone because no one is perfect.”

on a different note, guerero could also fight rios/alvarado he wants to check out the other side of the fence

Last edited by magic chiongson : 12-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #2932
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
mayweather's comments on rios testing positive for banned substance

on a different note, guerero could also fight rios/alvarado he wants to check out the other side of the fence

He can't say shit cause 2 members of The Money Team tested positive themselves.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #2933
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

25 most powerful people in boxing:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...084248158.html
Old 12-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #2934
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00

lol how is Oscar not on the list while the glorified spit bucket man turned CEO Leonard Applebee is at #10, ahead of Pac and just one spot below Arum.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #2935
lefthook00
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
lol how is Oscar not on the list while the glorified spit bucket man turned CEO Leonard Applebee is at #10, ahead of Pac and just one spot below Arum.

Haha yeah I would have that list in a diff. order too. It said DLH was on last years list but isn't on this year's, probably b/c his rehab stuff...
Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #2936
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Haha yeah I would have that list in a diff. order too. It said DLH was on last years list but isn't on this year's, probably b/c his rehab stuff...

List is garbage, last year's too. They have 50 Cent at #4.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #2937
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
And it's not as if Maidana is all that great either. Maidana is solid, yet still able to pick Broner apart easily and would have knocked him out if not for the atrocious refereeing.

Broner will have at least 5 losses on his record in the next several years (assuming he keeps fighting). Way too many flaws to overcome and he gets hit in the head too much at a young age. Jermaine Taylor 2.0
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #2938
lefthook00
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
And it's not as if Maidana is all that great either. Maidana is solid, yet still able to pick Broner apart easily and would have knocked him out if not for the atrocious refereeing.

Broner will have at least 5 losses on his record in the next several years (assuming he keeps fighting). Way too many flaws to overcome and he gets hit in the head too much at a young age. Jermaine Taylor 2.0

Yeah, or Jeff Lacy 2.0, or Berto 2.0, etc...hahah.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #2939
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bernard Hopkins was robbed twice against Jermaine Taylor back in 2005. Watched the fight again, and check the compubox stats. Hopkins has the best resume in boxing, and he's still kicking some @$$ at age 49.

Same with the first fight Hopkins out landed taylor.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #2940
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Hopkins has the best resume in boxing

BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: