Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #2941
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
And it's not as if Maidana is all that great either. Maidana is solid, yet still able to pick Broner apart easily and would have knocked him out if not for the atrocious refereeing.

Broner will have at least 5 losses on his record in the next several years (assuming he keeps fighting). Way too many flaws to overcome and he gets hit in the head too much at a young age. Jermaine Taylor 2.0
Interesting comparison. Very interesting.

There was a time when Taylor was considered the next big thing and the best young fighter in the sport. It wouldn't shock me if Broner took a similar route.

It will be a lot funner to watch with Broner, though. He seems like a pretty despicable person, whereas Taylor seemed like a quiet, unassuming cat with a slight stutter.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #2942
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Btw, I'd still really like to see Broner get his wig split by Matthysse before he's too exposed and everyone expects it. Lucas would annihilate him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #2943
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

my spanish needs work, but it looks like they're sayin' Bradley/Marquez II in March... 2 less opponents for Manny

http://desdeelring.com/Nota/184/la-r...-en-marzo-2014
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #2944
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

They're saying Broner is the next Prince Naseem Hamed.

I see him more as a Zab Judah.

But hay, maybe this is his Montell Griffith moment and he comes back strong.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #2945
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Btw, I'd still really like to see Broner get his wig split by Matthysse before he's too exposed and everyone expects it. Lucas would annihilate him.
I hope Broner can show some humility due to his embarrassing performance. I'd respect him if he does. Somebody (definitely not his pops) needs to sit him down and have a man to man talk with him about a lot things not even related to boxing because his act (not quite sure if it's an act) isn't getting him anywhere. It doesn't help that he is not a great fighter either. Hopefully, he can grow up because of this. If not, he'll be stocking shelves at Lowe's in 5 years.

Jermaine Taylor's biggest problem imo was that he had gotten too comfortable and made no effort to improve his fight game. Shortly after his 2 fights w/Hopkins, he hired Manny Steward as a trainer. There were many occasions where Jermaine would blatantly ignore Manny's instructions during training as well as during the fight (look up Taylor/Winky Wright fight). His stubbornness caused his downfall.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #2946
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I hope Broner can show some humility due to his embarrassing performance. I'd respect him if he does. Somebody (definitely not his pops) needs to sit him down and have a man to man talk with him about a lot things not even related to boxing because his act (not quite sure if it's an act) isn't getting him anywhere. It doesn't help that he is not a great fighter either. Hopefully, he can grow up because of this. If not, he'll be stocking shelves at Lowe's in 5 years.

Word.

Its a thin line between being a clown and a pro. And he's all over that line.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #2947
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo

Among Current Active Boxers.

Hopkins:

Wins: Felix Trinidad ( first boxer to beat Tito), Oscar Dela Hoya, Antonio Tarver, Winky Wright, ,Kelly Pavlik ( first Boxer to beat the Ghost), Jean Pascal, Tavoris Cloud, undefeated Glen Johnson. 20 titles defenses at Middleweight. (Echols, Holmes, Joppy, and Eastman)

Losses: Joe Calzaghe (Controversial loss. 50/50 could have gone to either fighter), Jermain Taylor (Another Controversial losses. Hopkins was robbed in their 2 fights), Roy Jones Jr.(Roy was just flat out better than him during that time, but he eventually surpasses Roy because of his longevity, and his changes his fighting style as he grows older), Chad Dawson.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, and Sam Langford, and Sugar Ray Leonard have the best resumes of all time. Duran ranks higher than SRL because he fought many times than Leonard, and won a Middleweight title an an aging boxer.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-20-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #2948
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Hopkins:

Wins: Felix Trinidad ( first boxer to beat Tito), Oscar Dela Hoya, Antonio Tarver, Winky Wright, ,Kelly Pavlik ( first Boxer to beat the Ghost), Jean Pascal, Tavoris Cloud, undefeated Glen Johnson. 20 titles defenses at Middleweight. (Echols, Holmes, Joppy, and Eastman)

I'll give him Tito and Pavlik (who really hasnt been heard from since), the others were either past their prime or not top level fighters
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #2949
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.staplescenter.com/events/...es-live-boxing
On sale now, Mares vs Gonzalez II. I was in Carson for the first round KO. I'll be in Staples for the rematch!!!
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #2950
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Interesting comparison. Very interesting.

There was a time when Taylor was considered the next big thing and the best young fighter in the sport. It wouldn't shock me if Broner took a similar route.

It will be a lot funner to watch with Broner, though. He seems like a pretty despicable person, whereas Taylor seemed like a quiet, unassuming cat with a slight stutter.

Honestly, Broner is really not that good. Especially against guys who are his size. Speed is his only attribute. He will never be a defensive genius because hes not a defensive fighter. People only tried to make the comparison to Floyd because Broner tried to use it. Floyd is a different person though. He takes time to perfect his craft. Broner uses his time to be a clown.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #2951
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

Quote:
And it's not as if Maidana is all that great either. Maidana is solid, yet still able to pick Broner apart easily and would have knocked him out if not for the atrocious refereeing.

Broner will have at least 5 losses on his record in the next several years (assuming he keeps fighting). Way too many flaws to overcome and he gets hit in the head too much at a young age. Jermaine Taylor 2.0

Maidana may not be all that great, but the kid comes to fight. You don't see him clowning around making a mockery of his opponent. He comes into the ring all business.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #2952
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Broner wants a rematch with Maidana.

I think almost the whole world was wrong, he's not ready for the 147 welterweight division. He moved up way too fast and is too young, he's still growing. He just turned 24. I thought he would have been alright at this weight but he's too young. He should have let himself naturally grow into the division unsteady of just moving up. He was fighting at 130 not even 18 months ago I believe.

Should have cleaned house at 135 lightweight. Could have gotten all four belts there as Abril, Vazquez and Ricky Burns were not beating him.

Than by 25 goin on 26 he could move to junior welterweight and battle whoever would be there in a year or two having naturally grown into the division.

But staying at welterweight, I can't see him beating any of the top dogs. Unless he just had a bad night Saturday and I give him the benefit of the doubt (which I already did with Paulie Malignaggi. DonD13, Paulie is not bad he's a 2 weight champ for a reason, if it wasn't for his hand injures, he wouldn't have those 5 loses.) it hurts me to say this, AB's not beating anyone in the top ten, too small.

Mayweather
Shawn Porter
Robert Guerrero
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto
Keith Thurman
Devon Alexander
Zab Judah
Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley at Top Rank, so fights can't happen anyway.

He might be able to beat Zab Judah, if he fights like he did Paulie last week. The one vs. Garcia, not too sure. He's the same age as Mayweather though.
That might be a good move for GB, put Zab and Broner together. It was rumored to be mad as the next match when both won their matches (yes, both were supposed to win those fights, per Golden Boy, lol.)

Zab Judah a top dog

no way he is top ten. He's clearly damaged and should retire. I don't understand why people are still supporting this loser...

--

as for Floyd, I heard he's fighting Khan. I honestly like the pick. He's clearly not the fighter that deserves it the most but I like the match-up stylistically! I don't think I guy like Maidana could win a round. But Khan has the speed and output to give Floyd a fight I think. And he's not flat-footed.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #2953
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation herePistonsFan#21 has a near all-star reputation here

Floyd be like: you want some? come get some

PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #2954
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #2955
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amir khan sucks. but i'd rather watch him fight floyd than maidana. maidana got outboxed by devon alexander and khan. he won't win a single round against floyd.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: