Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #3121
Angel Face
Six of Six

Angel Face has not been impressing people
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

So Maidana it is. He needs to warm is ass up well, May will give him a good ass beating.
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #3122
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
If (when) Mayweather wins, he will have both the WBC and WBA Belts at 2 weight divisions at the same time. How many times has that happened? Also, in September he should challenge Danny Garciawho has the WBC./WBA Belts at 140.

WBC/WBA Champ at 154, 147 and 140.

i really doubt Mayweather can or will want to make 140lbs at this stage of his career
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #3123
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

February 28
ShoBox: The New Generation

JíLeon Love [#20 WBC] vs. Vladine Biosse
Badou Jack [#3 WBC] vs. Derek Edwards
Chris Pearson vs. Lanardo Tyner
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #3124
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
i really doubt Mayweather can or will want to make 140lbs at this stage of his career
Mayweather weight today is 150. Most fighters balloon up about 20 pounds in between fights.

Timothy Bradley is about 180 between fights.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #3125
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Badou Jack just got knocked the fck out in about 30 seconds. Here's a lesson to fighters, take the bigger fight that is given to you. A few months back, Jack who is (or was) ranked #3 WBC was offered a fight with #2 ranked James DeGale, the winner to face Sakio Bika for the Championship. Jack turned the fight down because it would have been in the UK I believe and took a stay busy fight vs. some bum who knocked him out. Now, DeGale will either fight someone else or he may just get the title shot without a final eliminator.

Same thing happened with Amir Khan. He was to fight Devon Alexander for his IBF Belt back in December. But he skipped on that fight because he assumed he would get the Mayweather fight 6 months later ...

-----

March 1
HBO Boxing After Dark

Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. [#1 WBC Super Middleweight] vs. [#6 WBC Middleweight] Bryan Vera II
Orlando Salido vs. Vasyl Lukashenka [#5 WBO] for the vacant WBO Featherweight Championship

-----
AWE

Ricky Burns vs. Terence Crawford [#1 WBO] for Burns WBO Lightweight Championship

-----
James DeGale [#2 WBC] vs. Gevorg Khatchikian for DeGaleís WBC Silver Super Middleweight Championship

-----
ESPN3.com

Robert Stieglitz vs. [#1 WBO] Arthur Abraham III for Stieglitz WBO Super Middleweight Championship
Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #3126
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Mayweather weight today is 150. Most fighters balloon up about 20 pounds in between fights.

Timothy Bradley is about 180 between fights.

The thing is Mayweather stays in shape almost all year long and his walk around weight is never more than 5-10 pounds than the weight he fights at. Him walking around at 150lbs doesnt necessarily means he could easily cut 10lbs.

also i really doubt Bradley gets up to 180lbs. Do you realise how big that is on a guy thats only like 5'7''?

edit: heres a vid of Floyd himself talking about making 140 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOe9sOlBl0

Last edited by PistonsFan#21 : 03-01-2014 at 12:33 AM.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #3127
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
The thing is Mayweather stays in shape almost all year long and his walk around weight is never more than 5-10 pounds than the weight he fights at. Him walking around at 150lbs doesnt necessarily means he could easily cut 10lbs.

also i really doubt Bradley gets up to 180lbs. Do you realise how big that is on a guy thats only like 5'7''?

edit: heres a vid of Floyd himself talking about making 140 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOe9sOlBl0
He said it in an interview before a fight, and homie is always huge when they announce fights.

Quote:
Jon North Carolina [via mobile]

Tim, did you put on a lot of weight between bouts? Can you out box Marquez? Can you beat him at his own game?
Timothy Bradley
(1:43 PM)

Yeah, my weight does fluctuate between bouts. I think that's probably the only problem that I have and need to get control over. The older I get, the more I go up. When I started my last camp I was about 180 pounds. Now I'm down to about 149. I've got 2 pounds to go to make weight. I used to walk around at about 160. That was 2 years ago.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #3128
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Really looking forward to watching Lomanchenko fight tomorrow
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #3129
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Boxing fans, are y'all ready to open your wallets this year? After four PPV's the whole 2013 year, we will have that many before summer officially begins.

2013 Boxing PPV
Mayweather vs. Guerrero - May 3
Mayweather vs. Canelo - September 14
Bradley vs. Marquez - October 12
Pacquiao vs. Rios - November 23

We have four scheduled PPV happening in the next four months (one next weekend.) And there will at least four more and possibly others.

Canelo vs. Angulo - March 8 Showtime
Paquiao vs. Bradly II - April 12 HBO
Mayweather vs. Maidana - May 3 Showtime
Cotto vs. Martinez - June 7 HBO

We know Mayweather fights on September 14, so that's one more.
Arum said Pacquiao is coming back in October, so that is another.
Schafer already has two more dates for Canelo, July 26 and November 22. +2.

It's been rumored Gennady Golovkin will fight Chavez Jr in July.
If Bradley and JMM rematch, that will be on PPV too.
And it's no secret Schafer still wants to make Adrien Broner into a PPV attraction, so chalk that up for later this year too.

That's a total of 11 PPV's that can happen this year, that's WWE territory.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #3130
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Really looking forward to watching Lomanchenko fight tomorrow

I remember watching him run shit in the London Olympics. I think he has an amateur record of 396-1 or something like that, 2 gold medals. One of the greatest amateur boxers ever and his style fits the pro game. Good thing he's not wasting any time with set up matches, diving right into the championship hunt like Rigo. Too bad Salido didn't act like a champion on the scales.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #3131
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

terence crawford just took ricky burns to school
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #3132
Canelo_Griffin
I hit open layups

Canelo_Griffin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lomachenko is gonna get dropped in the early rounds but come back and cruise to an easy victory.
Canelo_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #3133
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lomachenko falls on the cards in what I'd call a mild upset. Despite all the hype, I'm not buying in to an "amateur star" after one professional fight. I've seen too many of those guys who dominated the amateur ranks look less than stellar on the next level.

In the headliner, JCC Jr. won in a relatively unimpressive 12 round UD over Vera. It was a pretty entertaining action fight, as is sometimes the case when two slightly above average boxers go at it.

Mostly, I was just annoyed by Lampley all night. I really cannot stand to watch fights with this guy announcing any more. He is the ultimate "company man" who makes no bones about his bias. Even his cadence and the way he calls fights really gets on my nerves these days.

First, he presented the Lomachenko loss as basically a complete sham due to fouls that were not called by the ref. I'm not saying that there weren't some borderline fouls that went unaddressed, but to make that the story of this fight? When you're faced with a ref who is letting a lot of stuff go, you adjust your game and fire back with similar stuff.

Instead, Lomachenko took it and curled up, held and basically waived the white flag for most of the fight. He was out-toughed in just about every phase of the fight tonight. Kid has a lot of talent, but also a ton to learn. And, as much as Lampley whined and cried about Salido's "low blows," Lomachenko could have had multiple deductions for holding... which he did basically all night long. For the record, Salido was warned for low blows twice, so it didn't go completely unnoticed.

There could have been maybe one point deduction. Certainly no more than that and it wouldn't have been enough to change the decision anyway.

Btw, I hate how Salido basically made no attempt to make weight. F#cked up. But, the guy deserves some credit for winning the fight, which he did outright and clearly. You could feel Lampley getting more and more frustrated by the obvious outcome and the flipping of what the script was supposed to be. As the fight got deeper and Salido continued building a huge lead on the scorecards, Lampley's cries about low blows and the weight advantage grew louder and louder.

He's such a hack.

Then, Lampley just basically was a JCC Jr. cheerleader for 12 rounds. He brought no perspective to the fight... like, for instance, that Vera was considered a "tune-up" fight for JCC the last time they went at it... and, for good reason, because he is now 6-7 in his last 13 fights. And that, while JCC pretty clearly won, it was a very competitive fight between two guys that are in the same class of fighter. In fact, without the massive weight advantage, Vera would probably mop JCC up.

HBO does everything else right, but its boxing? Bleh.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-02-2014 at 06:08 AM.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #3134
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Chavez Jr won the fight (this time around) yet we got a score of 114-113. The last fight was closer and the scores were crazy. Vera can take a shot. He needs to stay at 160.

Chavez said he wants GGG, possibly in July.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #3135
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Chavez Jr won the fight (this time around) yet we got a score of 114-113. The last fight was closer and the scores were crazy. Vera can take a shot. He needs to stay at 160.

Chavez said he wants GGG, possibly in July.
It'd be fun watching GGG wipe that snarky grin off his face, so let's hope that happens. Complete and total mismatch. Even with the massive weight advantage, I doubt JCC has the balls to make that fight actually happen. Talk is cheap.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: