Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #3226
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

I don't see what's good about Danny Garcia. He looked lost at times during the fight, and was just throwing wild punches. People are considering him a viable opponent for Mayweather? He would lose worse than Canelo. He did look good against Matthysse, but just throws wild punches IMO.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #3227
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
I don't see what's good about Danny Garcia. He looked lost at times during the fight, and was just throwing wild punches. People are considering him a viable opponent for Mayweather? He would lose worse than Canelo. He did look good against Matthysse, but just throws wild punches IMO.
Hererra wants a rematch and should get it, if Danny doesn't move up to 147 for his next fight. That seems to be the idea for him.

Deontay Wilder will fight the winner of Stiverne/Arreola II for the WBC Heavyweight Championship.

March 17
Fox Sports 1
Golden Boy Live!
St. Patrick DayĎs Night at the Fights

Julian Williams vs. Freddy Hernandez
Alexis Santos vs. Sylvester Barron
Jamie Kavanagh vs. Andres Navarro
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #3228
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450

I honestly think he caught a break in the Matthysse fight. Matthysse was laying some heavy leather on him until he got thumbed in the eye. The whole complexion of the fight changed after that. In fact, I thought Garcia was close to getting stopped before Matthysses' eye injury.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #3229
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ends the fight
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #3230
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
I honestly think he caught a break in the Matthysse fight. Matthysse was laying some heavy leather on him until he got thumbed in the eye. The whole complexion of the fight changed after that. In fact, I thought Garcia was close to getting stopped before Matthysses' eye injury.

Id have to rewatch the fight but i certainly dont remember Garcia being in any serious trouble during his fight VS Matthysse, let alone being close to getting stopped. He even took a solid shot from Matthysse that knocked his mouth guard into the crowd and didnt even look shook
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #3231
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

The Mayweather-Maidana undercard looks taking shape.

Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo
Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina
JíLeon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban
Jermell Charlo

And the night before, there will be another card headlined by Erislandy Lara vs. Ishe Smith.

Mickey Bey and Jermall Charlo will be on that card.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #3232
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson

ends the fight

Power and Imagistration.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #3233
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Amir Khan Luis Collazo on the Mayweather undercard.

https://twitter.com/AmirKingKhan/sta...23897435922432
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #3234
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Showtime (looks) to have stolen a fighter from HBO.

Adonis Stevenson, who's last four fights have been on HBO looks to make a move over. Apparently Showtime has outbid HBO for his upcoming fight with Andrzej Fonfara.

If this is true, it shits on HBO's plan for the superfight between Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev in the fall. But it's more HBO's fault for not outbidding Showtime.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #3235
the mesiah
I hit open 5-footers

the mesiah has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The Mayweather-Maidana undercard looks taking shape.

Amir Khan vs. Luis Collazo
Adrien Broner vs. Carlos Molina
JíLeon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban
Jermell Charlo

And the night before, there will be another card headlined by Erislandy Lara vs. Ishe Smith.

Mickey Bey and Jermall Charlo will be on that card.
if ishe brings the fight to Lara since he supposedly ducked him (per smith)and doesn't do what he did against Molina , I think I'll be more excited bout that fight than anything on that Saturday.
the mesiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:26 AM   #3236
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Shit is getting real behind the scenes.

Al Haymon is showing you who's the boss. Snatching fighters up left and right.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #3237
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

March 29
HBO Boxing After Dark

Sergey Kovalev vs. Cedric Agnew [#14 WBO] for Kovalevís WBO Light Heavyweight Championship
Karim Mayfield [#12 WBC] vs. Thomas Dulorme [#7 WBC] for the vacant NABF Light Welterweight Championship

I'm looking forward to the opener more than the main event. Krusher should whip Ced pretty easily.

But what's left afterwards? With Stevenson over at Showtime now, he has no one left to fight. Jean Pascal, but he might be a Showtime fighter too as he and Stevenson share the same promotional company in GYM.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #3238
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Durlome/Mayfield was a clinchfest.

Agnew could have actually bothers Sergey if he let his hands go. Sergey after the fight called Stevenson "A Piece of Shit ... excuse my language!"

On Twitter, Stevenson called out Kovalev. Stevenson just signed to Showtime for a 3 fight deal, and Sergey has one or two more fights left on his HBO deal I believe. SO they should meet this time, next year hopefully.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #3239
the mesiah
I hit open 5-footers

the mesiah has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
March 29
HBO Boxing After Dark

Sergey Kovalev vs. Cedric Agnew [#14 WBO] for Kovalevís WBO Light Heavyweight Championship
Karim Mayfield [#12 WBC] vs. Thomas Dulorme [#7 WBC] for the vacant NABF Light Welterweight Championship

I'm looking forward to the opener more than the main event. Krusher should whip Ced pretty easily.

But what's left afterwards? With Stevenson over at Showtime now, he has no one left to fight. Jean Pascal, but he might be a Showtime fighter too as he and Stevenson share the same promotional company in GYM.
Depends on what happens with triple G and Chavez jr ,SOG should move up soon and meet up with kovalev to give him his first L.
As far as now, with haymon in the mix everywhere , I can see him putting Dawson and kovalev in there for the mean time later on.
the mesiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:44 AM   #3240
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Id have to rewatch the fight but i certainly dont remember Garcia being in any serious trouble during his fight VS Matthysse, let alone being close to getting stopped. He even took a solid shot from Matthysse that knocked his mouth guard into the crowd and didnt even look shook

That dude must be thinking of another fight or was a Matthysse fanboy/Danny Garcia hater. Danny was never in trouble in that fight, in any shape or form. That's just ridiculous someone could make that observation.

Quote:

Final judgement because of the Herrera fight is not fair. That was a trap fight. Loads of pressure performing in front of his native country and he was a heavy favorite. He fell into a trap that many great young fighters before have fell into also. The guy finds ways to win and shows up for the big fights. He just needs to learn to take every opponent equally as serious even if he is the big favorite, and I think he certainly learned that against Herrera. Fights like that take fighters to the next level.

There aren't many viable fighters to take on Mayweather...why do you think the boxing world is so frustrated he will not fight Pacquiao?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: