Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #331
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Cotto fought a smart fight, for sure. I think it was a bad stoppage though.

I do agree it was a bad stoppage, but there was a lot of attention paid to that eye and there would have been hell if he lost that eye when they could have stopped it. If Margo wants to keep fighting he will need an extended break and will need to see some experts or that is going to continue to get worked by whoever he fights.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #332
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
exactly...

I think Margo still wouldve won...Cotto was gassing hard and his face was messed up big-time

Cotto just doesn't deal well w/ Margo's style.

Same problem Pac has against JMM
You'd gas out quicker if you were gettin hit harder than normal.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #333
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I do agree it was a bad stoppage, but there was a lot of attention paid to that eye and there would have been hell if he lost that eye when they could have stopped it. If Margo wants to keep fighting he will need an extended break and will need to see some experts or that is going to continue to get worked by whoever he fights.
I think that eye is pretty much ****ed, regardless of what happens.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #334
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think that eye is pretty much ****ed, regardless of what happens.

I agree, but sometimes you have to save a fighter from himself. Margo is definitely one of those guys.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #335
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
The biggest thing he needs to do is to learn how to protect that eye a little better. There are steps that he could take (keeping his right glove high and maybe not being as wild). He is still fighting the way he did when he was ruling the welterweight division and, the fact is, he needs to adjust to the new hand that he has been dealt.

The eye will continue to get damage and it will always be an issue, but he can make it less of an issue by not constantly leading with his head and toning it down on the begging guys to punch him in the face so that he can return fire.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #336
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Is it me or was Margarito so damn slow? He move slow, he punch slow, how the heck did he become this high profile boxer? Or did he not used to be that slow in the past?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GOuS-Utq4

He was much faster when he was younger. A younger Margarito became the first Boxer to Beat Sergio Martinez. ( Currently the best middleweight Boxer in the world, and ranked 3rd on the Ring Magazine lbs for pound ranking.)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #337
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The biggest thing he needs to do is to learn how to protect that eye a little better. There are steps that he could take (keeping his right glove high and maybe not being as wild). He is still fighting the way he did when he was ruling the welterweight division and, the fact is, he needs to adjust to the new hand that he has been dealt.

The eye will continue to get damage and it will always be an issue, but he can make it less of an issue by not constantly leading with his head and toning it down on the begging guys to punch him in the face so that he can return fire.

Well we know that isn't happening.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #338
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lastly, while Margarito's past actions are disgusting and there is no excuse for it, he's got balls of steel and is maybe the toughest guy in the sport.

I thought that serious consideration should have been given to a permanent ban for Margarito, the loaded wraps were so egregious and such a massive 'no-no' in this sport. But, you can't deny his heart and will. The guy just does not stop.

Any other normal person would submit when their payday is already assured and their permanent vision is on the line. This guy was willing to give up his eye to prove a point.... Begging for it, actually.

One tough hombre.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #339
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Lastly, while Margarito's past actions are disgusting and there is no excuse for it, he's got balls of steel and is maybe the toughest guy in the sport.

I thought that serious consideration should have been given to a permanent ban for Margarito, the loaded wraps were so egregious and such a massive 'no-no' in this sport. But, you can't deny his heart and will. The guy just does not stop.

Any other normal person would submit when their payday is already assured and their permanent vision is on the line. This guy was willing to give up his eye to prove a point.... Begging for it, actually.

One tough hombre.
How do you feel about Mosley's roiding? I'm not trying to start some conflict; I'm genuinely interested. It seems like he usually gets a pass because he's a nice guy.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #340
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Next week Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson

And Jean Pascal supposed to have a fight too?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 AM   #341
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Next week Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson

And Jean Pascal supposed to have a fight too?
He's fighting W. Klitschko. I wouldn't expect a win.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #342
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

There to collect a paycheck then.

As for Mosley, I thought he should have been given a lengthy suspension for his actions. I think he escaped a ban because by the time it was found out he had been juicing he had been off the juice for a while. I'd have given him a long suspension personally....nice guy or not.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #343
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
How do you feel about Mosley's roiding? I'm not trying to start some conflict; I'm genuinely interested. It seems like he usually gets a pass because he's a nice guy.
I thought it was sort of scummy for SSM to be working with Conte and using the 'clear and the cream,' but I don't put that on the level of loading your gloves.

There is even a sect within the hardcore boxing community that believes juicing is of no benefit in this sport. I don't agree with that and I do think it helps, mainly with conditioning and an ability to recover during training camp.

That said, when you do that, you are just tilting the competitive balance of a fight in your favor.

When you put plaster in your gloves, you are seriously taking the life of your opponent in your own hands. For a guy like Margarito who, at his peak, was throwing well over 100 punches per round, to throw plastered hands into that mix and factoring in all of those punches and all of those impacts with that kind of weapon...

It is just the worst possible thing that someone in this sport can do. That is when it becomes much more than just an issue with the competitive balance of the fight. You are toying with a guy's life with plaster.

And, I don't blame Cotto for hating his guts. Margarito showed no compassion in that fight and he even hit Cotto as Miguel was on a knee. If his gloves were plastered (I think they were)? The guy is just the ultimate scumbag.

I really don't see any comparison when contrasting that with a guy using an illegal performance enhancer.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 12-04-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #344
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

That's an interesting perspective. I don't think there was any plaster involved.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #345
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
What, on HBO?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: