Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-07-2015, 02:29 AM   #3661
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Looks like Al Haymons NBC debut will feature Adrien Broner. Hopefully vs. Lucas Mattyhsse 9r Chris Algerie.

Have you not been paying attention to how Haymon conducts his business?

Most likely going to be Rod Salka or Rod Salka's cousin in there with overrated ass Broner.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #3662
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Have you not been paying attention to how Haymon conducts his business?

Most likely going to be Rod Salka or Rod Salka's cousin in there with overrated ass Broner.
Apparently he was saving his guys for NBC. I don't think he'll be crazy enough to do that again.

At worse it'll be like John Molina or Karim Mayfield.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #3663
Rooster
Good college starter

Quote:
Apparently he was saving his guys for NBC. I don't think he'll be crazy enough to do that again.

At worse it'll be like John Molina or Karim Mayfield.

He paid NBC 20 million for 24 dates. I dig the idea but I'm very skeptical on the the turnout. He suckered some investors because of his previous success on music biz but how you gonna find sponsors for possible mismatches. To get ratings you probably need bigger names that casual fans know. I just remember what happened to Kimbo Slice. He got knocked out and the promotional company went down the drain. He has a lot of fighters in his list. So he gonna have to start with someone with a large following to showcase him like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr against a sacrifial lamb.

Last edited by Rooster : 01-08-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #3664
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
He paid NBC 20 million for 24 dates. I dig the idea but I'm very skeptical on the the turnout. He suckered some investors because of his previous success on music biz but how you gonna find sponsors for possible mismatches. To get ratings you probably need bigger names that casual fans know. I just remember what happened to Kimbo Slice. He got knocked out and the promotional company went down the drain. He has a lot of fighters in his list. So he gonna have to start with someone with a large following to showcase him like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr against a sacrifial lamb.
Thing is, that MMA promotion was riding on Kimbo, an internet street fighter to be the big name for their promotion. Think about that for a while ...

Haymon has the top name in boxing. Not to mention a bunch of other top tier clientele He is fine.

We could see a card of Broner/Matthysee, Danny Garcia/Lamont Peterson Chavez Jr/Froch on NBC's opening night.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #3665
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Ward signed with Roc Nation, should mean he's back in the ring soon
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #3666
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
And Rigo should be signing with them soon.

I don't know if Roc Nation and Haymon will work together though. Roc already tried to take Quinnen, Thurman and Wilder from haymon, lol.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #3667
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Quote:
And Rigo should be signing with them soon.

I don't know if Roc Nation and Haymon will work together though. Roc already tried to take Quinnen, Thurman and Wilder from haymon, lol.

Jay Z and Haymon have beef from Al's music days, so I doubt they work together much.
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #3668
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus

About f*cking time.

Quote:

They just offered Broner $40 million over 5 years, naturally he turned it down. Jay-Z and Haymon have beef over Big Al allegedly stealing $ from Beyonce during his music promotion days. Someone on another site brought up a great point- Roc Nation keeps going down the list of Haymon fighters and offering them much more money then they're worth but knowing that Haymon will force them to turn it down. The idea is that a few years from now when the Showtime/NBC money dries up, Haymon's guys (who won't be making anywhere near the amounts offered) will file a class action lawsuit against him for forcing them to turn down big money offers from RN.

Would be a pretty brilliant f*ck you from the jigga man if true.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #3669
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Looks to be movement on the May-Pac fight!!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #3670
PistonsFan#21
College superstar

Quote:
Looks to be movement on the May-Pac fight!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...109-story.html

Quote:
Official: Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao 'making progress' on fight - LA Times

The long wait for Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao isn't over yet, but words long absent from the anticipated super-fight have been spoken.

"We're making progress," a boxing authority involved in the talks told the Los Angeles Times on Friday.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because no one in the Mayweather-Pacquiao talks is authorized to discuss them publicly.

Boxing's top two pound-for-pound fighters have failed to make a deal for more than five years, but after Mayweather (47-0) dominated Marcos Maidana in September, he was more encouraging than ever about the bout, and Pacquiao said the mega-bout "has to happen" after knocking down previously unbeaten Chris Algieri six times in November.

While a final agreement has not been struck on the purse split, the official said the sides made noticeable progress on the subject in Thursday negotiations.

Mayweather sought a split at least 60-40 in his favor, and Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs) expressed a willingness to meet that.

The parties have already agreed to stage the fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and they've also agreed on a drug-testing plan. A date remains unsettled. It's believed the bout is being targeted for May or June.

"The calendar is a factor," the official said of the urgency to finalize the deal soon, estimating it could get done in seven to 10 days.

A disagreement over drug testing ruined attempts to make the fight in 2010, when a full term sheet had already been finalized.

Then, Maywewather wanted the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency to conduct full testing, including blood screens, and Pacquiao declined.

The specifics of the drug-testing deal this time were not revealed.

As the sides continue to work on the purse split, premium cable networks Showtime and HBO also need to work out the details of televising the bout. Mayweather is under contract to Showtime for two more fights, and Pacquiao has an HBO deal.

It's believed the networks are pursuing a plan to televise the bout jointly, as was done with the 2002 heavyweight title fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson.

Follow Lance Pugmire on Twitter @latimespugmire

Copyright 2015, Los Angeles Times
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #3671
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
They just offered Broner $40 million over 5 years, naturally he turned it down.

here's a link of him discussing it with TMZ. $40 million over 5 years and he called it insulting and told Jay to "suck my dick". I don't know how much this guy made in his previous fights but I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near that
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #3672
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

yooo roc nation coming out hard. got fabolous performing in the middle of the show lol
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #3673
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
yooo roc nation coming out hard. got fabolous performing in the middle of the show lol
No one cares for Fab in 2015 lol. Angie Martinez, lol. Not sure if watching boxing or 106 & Park.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #3674
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Al Haymon is set to make a press conference with NBC this Wednesday. Look for some big match-ups to be announced. Just a few days ago, Haymon got his hands (officially) on some Golden Boys Boxers. While a few (for the time being) stayed with Oscar at GBP.

So Haymon has Adrien Broner, Danny Garcia. Deontay Wilder, Marcos Maidana, Daniel Jacobs, Jermall Charlo among others.

Guys staying at Golden Boy (until their contract runs out) Amir Khan, Lucas Matthysse, Leo Santa Cruz and Jermell Charlo. They're all still advised by Al Haymon.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #3675
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
I didnt watch the fight tonight, but I just saw pictures of jayz, rhianna, and other stars there. Idk how I feel about this......

I think it can be good for boxing. Anything where it brings for viewers and more casual fans to a boxing event, can only help. From what I heard, it was a packed house. Had a great, party-like atmosphere and it was not like this was a good card or anything. Fabalous was probably the biggest name on that card

We'll see where they go with this

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 01-13-2015 at 01:52 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: