Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #586
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

First, I wouldn't blame Ward for turning down a fight with Bute. He is trying to get his name out there against big name opponents. When you are the best guy in a division, you are always going to have other, less well known foes "calling you out." It is the nature of the game.

You can say whatever you want... Until Bute fights and beats the absolute top guys in the division, he doesn't belong in the conversation. Tomorrow is his first trip into those waters.

Meanwhile, Andre Ward is trying to fight guys that will actually increase his recognition with mainstream American sports fans. Chad Dawson seems like the right choice, since all of the other main guys at super middle are foreign fighters that no one outside of hardcore boxing circles in America cares about.

This is a business and Ward, after years of fighting the best at 168, is looking to increase his profile.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #587
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I don't know that fighting Dawson does just a ton to raise his profile since no one likes Dawson, but it would give him two lineal titles it they fight at lhw. As for whether or not hell be a star, he's basically Bernard Hopkins part 2 and Bhop was never the star he should have been given his accomplishments and talent
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #588
FPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
First, I wouldn't blame Ward for turning down a fight with Bute. He is trying to get his name out there against big name opponents. When you are the best guy in a division, you are always going to have other, less well known foes "calling you out." It is the nature of the game.

You can say whatever you want... Until Bute fights and beats the absolute top guys in the division, he doesn't belong in the conversation. Tomorrow is his first trip into those waters.

Meanwhile, Andre Ward is trying to fight guys that will actually increase his recognition with mainstream American sports fans. Chad Dawson seems like the right choice, since all of the other main guys at super middle are foreign fighters that no one outside of hardcore boxing circles in America cares about.

This is a business and Ward, after years of fighting the best at 168, is looking to increase his profile.

Oh well, guess i'll have to answer this one too then.

It was Ward who said just before the Super 6 Final that the winner HAD to fight Lucian Bute in order to be considered the best. After he won the final he had a sudden change of heart and said Bute needs to prove himself before fighting him (even though Bute draws 4-5 times the crowds Ward Draws).

After Bute took the fight with Froch, The God OF SLEEP again made a stupid comment about how he's disapointed Bute chose Froch cause he wanted to fight Bute.

You say less well know i say you have no clue what youre talking about, no offence. Unless you mean less known in Oakland.

If Ward wanted to fight the best he wouldnt have asked Dawson to come down to 168. At 168 Bute > Dawson and draws a lot more.

You seem to think America's the shit at SMW. Tell me, how many seats were filled at the Super 6 final? Whats Ward's record atendance?

Do you perhaps know what Bute's is? Do you know what Bute's purse for every fight is and what Ward gets? Did you know that Bute earned 2.5 times more fighting the scrub Mendy than Ward in the Super 6?

Oh, and do you actually believe Ward "God of sleep" has fans? Dawson was beat by ****ing Jean Pascal, a man Froch almost killed in that ring and Ward cant even face him at 175 .

Ok, im off with my limited knoledge...
FPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #589
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPJ
You say less well know i say you have no clue what youre talking about, no offence. Unless you mean less known in Oakland.
No offense, but I've forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know. And, Bute may be big sh!t in Canada, but his name doesn't ring down here... At all. Chad Dawson is a significantly bigger name, and even he isn't much of a name. That is how little general American sports fans care or know about Bute.

I never said that Ward is a big draw right now. That is sort of the whole point. He is trying to raise his profile in America. Fighting Bute will do nothing for him there.

Further, why don't you focus your energy on Bute's next fight against Froch, which will be the best opponent he has faced at 168, before getting your dander up about Ward.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #590
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #591
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Any links to the Bute and Froch fight?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #592
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Any links to the Bute and Froch fight?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...arl-froch.html
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #593
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Thank you.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #594
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I don't think this is quite as big a deal as everyOne is making it out to be. If ward and bute both win, the fight is definitely the 2 best 168 lbers in the world. It might even be a lil more marketable if ward has another lineal championship. If one of them loses, it was never that important that they fight anyway.

Both froch and Dawson are legitametly difficult opponents and neither ward nor bute has quite reached Floyd/manny they are expected to dominate everyone but each other status

Last edited by raiderfan19 : 05-26-2012 at 08:01 PM.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #595
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Further, why don't you focus your energy on Bute's next fight against Froch, which will be the best opponent he has faced at 168, before getting your dander up about Ward.
Ahem... Bute currently getting out-classed.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #596
jaydacris
Rose

damn bute, getting demolished round 3 and round 4.

these arent even deceptive or fast shots being thrown by froch... pretty weak by bute
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #597
jaydacris
Rose

all i gotta say is...

nice froch

froch's girl...
Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #598
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

May I be the first to say...

Bute stepped up in class and got brutally brutalized.

Wow. That was a complete beat-down of epic proportions.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #599
jaydacris
Rose

i wanna say great performance by froch, but he made it look easy

he just stalked bute all the way into ropes, and just threw some punches and flurries
Old 05-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #600
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
May I be the first to say...

Bute stepped up in class and got brutally brutalized.

Wow. That was a complete beat-down of epic proportions.

He could only pad his record by fighting tomato cans in Canada for so long. It was going to happen sooner or later. Nice job by Froch
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: