Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #751
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Can't believe he quit. Wow.
He was beatin his ass. I would have quit too lol.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #752
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when you have to say you quit rather than the ref just stoping it, damn that sux
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #753
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Ward should be top 3 P4P, maybe top 2.
Yea, I'd put him over manny and behind flyod.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #754
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

The more Antonio DeMarco wins, the more boxing fans should realize that Edwin Valero was the truth.

He would've cleaned up 140 if he were still alive today.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #755
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ward is pretty easily the best non Floyd/manny fighter going right now and I'd say he's probably better than manny at this point. He reminds me so much of a prime Bhop it's scary.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #756
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Disappointing fight. I always thought there was little substance to the hype around Dawson.

Ward is the real deal.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #757
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Damn Ward beat that a$$. Word has it that when Smoger asked Chad what he wanted to do, Chad said, "Get me the f*ck out of here."

And Broner should stay as far away from Mathysse as possible.

Last edited by lefthook00 : 09-09-2012 at 02:08 AM.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #758
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been touting Ward for a long, long time. It is about time that he starts getting his due.

There has never been a gold medal winning American Olympian who is an undefeated champion as a pro that really hasn't had a close fight and has beaten a lot of stiff competition quite easily with less hype in my lifetime. Usually, guys like Ward are the sport's golden boys.

I think a lot of the reason why is because he fought on Showtime for so long and they do a horrible job of promoting their boxing events and the fact that the Super Six tournament lasted so long and all of the guys involved literally couldn't set up their own fights against big-name guys.

Whatever the reason, his talent is clear.

Here is a guy who isn't the fastest or hardest puncher, doesn't have any single physical gift that pops out at you, but he just knows how to win. He is one of the great ring generals in the game, his defense is very good and his in-fight adjustments are second only to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It took him about three rounds to figure out Chad Dawson -- a very good fighter in his own right. He was setting up the punch that put Dawson down the first time right from the opening bell. And, once he had Dawson hurt, he didn't lose his cool and go all-out for the kill. He maintained himself, continued fighting his fight and eventually got the stoppage.

I'm a big fan and I thought Ward would win, but I thought it would be a pretty close fight and Dawson would have his moments. But, that was utter domination and it was a statement to the boxing world. I agree with you, Don, he is the No. 2 p4p fighter in the world right now and knocking on the door of being No. 1.

Only Floyd and Manny can argue being above him. He's that next really great fighter that will be winning for a long time. He just has a style that isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Love watching that guy fight.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #759
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Disappointing fight. I always thought there was little substance to the hype around Dawson.

Ward is the real deal.
There is substance to Dawson. He is a very good fighter. He is both a physical specimen and a skilled fighter. What you saw last night is what happens when a very good fighter goes against a great fighter.

Ward's accomplishments should no longer go unnoticed. He is a legitimate force.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #760
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
There is substance to Dawson. He is a very good fighter. He is both a physical specimen and a skilled fighter. What you saw last night is what happens when a very good fighter goes against a great fighter.

Ward's accomplishments should no longer go unnoticed. He is a legitimate force.
The question for him now is where does he go from here? He's cleaned out 168 and honestly none of those fights were competitive enough to deserve a rematch. Pascal makes some sense but other than that and/or if Martinez impressively beats jcc jr and wants to come up I just don't see a big fight that's left for him.

Then again If you get to be a big enough star it doesn't matter who's on the other side
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #761
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The question for him now is where does he go from here? He's cleaned out 168 and honestly none of those fights were competitive enough to deserve a rematch. Pascal makes some sense but other than that and/or if Martinez impressively beats jcc jr and wants to come up I just don't see a big fight that's left for him.

Then again If you get to be a big enough star it doesn't matter who's on the other side
He has some options. There is always the winner of Martinez/JCCJr. (he would annihilate either). Pascal isn't a terrible choice.

I could maybe see a rematch with Froch, except on HBO which would do a much better job of hyping it. Plus, Froch is coming off of smashing Bute, so you have that angle. Froch really was never a threat to Ward despite the semi-close judging, but it is at least a feasible rematch.

HBO could even hype up a guy like Tavoris Cloud enough to make it interesting to the general public (two undefeated American fighters), even though a fight wouldn't be close.

I don't know... he is so good right now, people should just watch to see a great fighter.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #762
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty crazy that he hasnt lost since he was 12 years old
gawd damn
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #763
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He has some options. There is always the winner of Martinez/JCCJr. (he would annihilate either). Pascal isn't a terrible choice.

I could maybe see a rematch with Froch, except on HBO which would do a much better job of hyping it. Plus, Froch is coming off of smashing Bute, so you have that angle. Froch really was never a threat to Ward despite the semi-close judging, but it is at least a feasible rematch.

HBO could even hype up a guy like Tavoris Cloud enough to make it interesting to the general public (two undefeated American fighters), even though a fight wouldn't be close.

I don't know... he is so good right now, people should just watch to see a great fighter.

I think Dirrell could challenge him a bit with his awesome speed, reflexes, but Ward would still win. Other than him, there's nobody left at 168 really, unless he waits for some of the young undefeated prospects at 168 like Thomas Oosthuizen, Edwin Rodriguez, or George Groves to emerge as a contender but none of them really have a chance against Ward.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #764
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Dirrell could handle Ward's pressure, he would fold. He would have nightmares of Ward for the rest of his life just like Chad is going to. I honestly think that fight ruined Chad's career. He should have just waited at 175 until Ward moved up..even though he would still lose, he wouldn't lose like that, and he would still be able to keep his dignity.

There's really no one with the mix of power/speed/stamina to compete with Ward right now. ALL the middleweights are too small, Bhop is too old, Pascal can't last, Bute is wtf, etc. I guess a Froch rematch is the best fight for Ward b/c of how crazy tough Froch is. He has two out of the three(stamina/power).
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #765
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
I don't think Dirrell could handle Ward's pressure, he would fold. He would have nightmares of Ward for the rest of his life just like Chad is going to. I honestly think that fight ruined Chad's career. He should have just waited at 175 until Ward moved up..even though he would still lose, he wouldn't lose like that, and he would still be able to keep his dignity.

There's really no one with the mix of power/speed/stamina to compete with Ward right now. ALL the middleweights are too small, Bhop is too old, Pascal can't last, Bute is wtf, etc. I guess a Froch rematch is the best fight for Ward b/c of how crazy tough Froch is. He has two out of the three(stamina/power).
Chad is still champ. He hasn't ruined his career. Let's see how he comes back rom this in his next fight bck at 175.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: