Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #766
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He has some options. There is always the winner of Martinez/JCCJr. (he would annihilate either). Pascal isn't a terrible choice.

I could maybe see a rematch with Froch, except on HBO which would do a much better job of hyping it. Plus, Froch is coming off of smashing Bute, so you have that angle. Froch really was never a threat to Ward despite the semi-close judging, but it is at least a feasible rematch.

HBO could even hype up a guy like Tavoris Cloud enough to make it interesting to the general public (two undefeated American fighters), even though a fight wouldn't be close.

I don't know... he is so good right now, people should just watch to see a great fighter.
I actually like cloud quite a bit but he's never been in a big fight and he has huge problems with skilled boxers. I'd honestly be surprised if he landed more than ten punches the whole fight(power punches)

Honestly I think Martinez makes the most sense outside of froch if he wins but he'd be so outsized fighting two divisions above his natural 154 plus I just don't see him getting through wards defense.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #767
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ward is good for boxing
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #768
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
The more Antonio DeMarco wins, the more boxing fans should realize that Edwin Valero was the truth.

He would've cleaned up 140 if he were still alive today.
Agreed. Would have loved to see Valero go against this stacked 140lb division we have now.. Did you see the Matteysse vs Ajose fight on Showtime? Now that was a fight!
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #769
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ward and Donaire are the 2 boxers in the world right now. Martinez will destroy JCC Jr.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #770
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Ward and Donaire are the 2 boxers in the world right now. Martinez will destroy JCC Jr.
I'm still not all the dood on Donaire yet. Gotta see more.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #771
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

his next fight for the ring/lineal featherweight title should be it if he wins in a big way
Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #772
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
his next fight for the ring/lineal featherweight title should be it if he wins in a big way

I'm not too familiar with his opponent but why would that cement him in the p4p rankings? I could see if he fought Rigondeaux...
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #773
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with his opponent but why would that cement him in the p4p rankings? I could see if he fought Rigondeaux...

his next opponent is the P4P #1 in the jr featherweight division, ahead of rigo. rigo may be very good, but he hasn't fought any of the top p4p fighters in his division.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #774
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What about Gamboa?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #775
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Donaire's not even the best in his division. Rigo>>>>
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #776
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
his next opponent is the P4P #1 in the jr featherweight division, ahead of rigo. rigo may be very good, but he hasn't fought any of the top p4p fighters in his division.

How do you have p4p in a division? It's all the same weight.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #777
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
How do you have p4p in a division? It's all the same weight.

my bad, i meant the ring/lineal ratings.

Quote:
Donaire's not even the best in his division. Rigo>>>>

nishioka > rigo.

the best opponent rigo has fought was ricardo cordoba, and he won it controversially. i watched that fight and rigo was backpedalling all night.

he knocked out rico ramos, but that guy was barely top10 in the ring ratings.

those are the only fighters he has fought worth mentioning
Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #778
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:

nishioka > rigo.

the best opponent rigo has fought was ricardo cordoba, and he won it controversially. i watched that fight and rigo was backpedalling all night.

what does that have to do with who won the fight? Kinda like when Bradley was backpedaling and beat Manny?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #779
Reef
College star

Quote:

nishioka > rigo.

That's only one fight where he didn't look spectacular. You can say the same about Nishioka's 4 losses. Rigo is a complete fighter. He has no weaknesses. Donaire hasn't looked that impressive since knocking out Morel.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #780
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
That's only one fight where he didn't look spectacular. You can say the same about Nishioka's 4 losses. Rigo is a complete fighter. He has no weaknesses. Donaire hasn't looked that impressive since knocking out Morel.

donaire hasnt fought morel. when has rigo look impressive against a top 5 guy in his division? i'm not even gonna argue with you if you're going the losses route. i'd trust the ring's ratings over some guy's opinion.

Quote:
what does that have to do with who won the fight? Kinda like when Bradley was backpedaling and beat Manny?

not as much as rigo did. at least bradley was throwing some punches.

Last edited by magic chiongson : 09-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: