Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #841
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Nice win by Nonito Donaire. He just defeated the best fighter in the 122 lbs weight division.

Nishioka fought like a t.wat.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #842
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Much rather see Donaire vs Arce than Donaire vs Rigo. Nonito feels the same way I do about Rigo, he's fucking boring. Plus we've already seen what happens when Rigo gets hurt (watch his SD over Coroboda), he gets on his bike and never gets off. It won't be uneventful like Nonito's last three opponents who didn't want to engage.

To me, it's all about good match ups. I don't care about rankings and so called "important fights".
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #843
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I'm not comparing them at all. I am solely talking about Donaire. Donaire is fighting bums. Btw, from my understanding people won't fight Rigo.

I've watched the last 3 Donaire fights and he won't fight people that can through back. If he doesn't fight Mares/Moreno or Rigo next than I'm not watching anymore of his fights.

Rigo and his 11 win ass will be just another "bum" on Donaire's resume.

You're saying that guys like Nishioka, Mathebula, Vasquez and Narvaez can't throw back? Watch their previous fights before fighting Donaire. There's a reason why Donaire's recent opponents are too cautious to throw punches. After Donaire KO'd Montiel, the rest of the guys he fought were either got knocked down trying or on the defensive mode all night avoiding Donaire's punches losing all the rounds.

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #844
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Rigo and his 11 win ass will be just another "bum" on Donaire's resume.

You're saying that guys like Nishioka, Mathebula, Vasquez and Narvaez can't throw back? Watch their previous fights before fighting Donaire. There's a reason why Donaire's recent opponents are too cautious to throw punches. After Donaire KO'd Montiel, the rest of the guys he fought were either got knocked down trying or on the defensive mode all night avoiding Donaire's punches losing all the rounds.

As soon as Donaire stops cherrypicking guys he will be exposed. Who knows though, he may do this for his entire career. Guy has all types of holes in his defense and a good fighter is going to expose them.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #845
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
As soon as Donaire stops cherrypicking guys he will be exposed. Who knows though, he may do this for his entire career. Guy has all types of holes in his defense and a good fighter is going to expose them.

Donaire's last 6 opponents:

Nishioka - WBC Super Bantamweight champion
Mathebula - IBF Super Bantamweight champion
Vasquez Jr - former WBO Super Bantamweight champion
Narvaez - WBO Jr. Bantamweight champion
Montiel - WBC and WBO Bantamweight champion
Sydorenko - WBC Super Flyweight champion

=

Cherry picker!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #846
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Maybe you guys could tweet Bob Arum and tell him to feed his 11-win prospect to Donaire so we can add him on the list of champions Donaire cherry picked.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #847
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is there really a Donaire vs. Rigondeaux discussion transpiring on ISH? Wow. Never thought I would see the day.

Donaire has not been extremely impressive to me over his last few fights and he doesn't seem quite like the dynamic phenom many were anticipating a couple of years ago. Obviously, still a very good fighter, but top P4P level? Nah.

Maybe finding another really good fighter would allow him to show more than he currently is, but I also don't think that will happen at super bantam. There could be some interesting matchups at featherweight, but he doesn't seem all that keen on moving up. I mean, he is 29... Not exactly getting any younger.

I know he just moved up to super bantam a year ago, but it is a pretty weak division.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #848
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Is there really a Donaire vs. Rigondeaux discussion transpiring on ISH? Wow. Never thought I would see the day.

Donaire has not been extremely impressive to me over his last few fights and he doesn't seem quite like the dynamic phenom many were anticipating a couple of years ago. Obviously, still a very good fighter, but top P4P level? Nah.

Maybe finding another really good fighter would allow him to show more than he currently is, but I also don't think that will happen at super bantam. There could be some interesting matchups at featherweight, but he doesn't seem all that keen on moving up. I mean, he is 29... Not exactly getting any younger.

I know he just moved up to super bantam a year ago, but it is a pretty weak division.
I think you are underestimating him a little. IMO he's probably 6 or so on the p4p list(Floyd, ward, manny, Sergio, klitschko)

HE is a counter puncher though so he needs the other guy to engage to be exciting.

And rigo is ridiculously overrated
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #849
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Emanuel Steward R.I.P

damn

Boxing in the Hallway (my favorite channel) showing respect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9AR3...eature=g-all-c
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #850
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

R.I.P. manny steward
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #851
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RIP Manny Steward. One of the best trainers and analysts of all time.
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #852
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Gonna be weird watching tonight with no Emanuel Steward.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #853
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

wow, shocking news. This I did not see coming, he was still active on HBO telecasts commentating on fights and training the likes of Wlad/Lee and others. I tried to find out the cause of his passing, but it has not been disclosed.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #854
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2B8NK1xOr

Quote:
The war of words continues. Now rapper 50 Cent has jabbed back at Leonard Ellerbe, the adviser to Floyd Mayweather Jr., and the rapper offered up a $20 million dollar bonus for Mayweather to fight Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Two days ago, 50 Cent officially announced his departure from the "The Money Team" - a phrase that Mayweather coined for his close friends and associates. 50 Cent was under the impression that Mayweather would become his partner in a brand new promotional company, TMT Promotions.

Mayweather backed away from TMT and continued to work with his existing partners, Golden Boy Promotions and adviser Al Haymon. 50 Cent started a new company, SMS Promotions. The SMS roster includes Gamboa, Billy Dib and Andre Dirrell.

"TMT is over. The money team is no longer a team. So it's SMS Promotions....that's it, that's all. I'm no longer a part or down with TMT Promotions. If anyone wants a Money Team jacket, I'm selling mine for a dollar. The nap back hat comes with it. That's a fair price. I moved the fighters to SMS Promotions cause the other half of 'the money team' didn't put up their money," 50 Cent wrote on his social network accounts.

Ellerbe, during an interview with Ben Thompson of fighthype.com, answered back.

"In my opinion, I'm sure Top Rank is very, very happy and laughing their asses off to be doing business with SMG Promotions [referring to SMS Promotions]. They got paid a whole bunch of money to release the fighter [Gamboa to 50 Cent], they get to keep the money, and still get to use the fighter [on the Pacquiao-Marquez card]. Way to go SMG. And Billy Dib is a world champion and a very nice guy, but I'm sure he didn't sign up with SMG to be the opponent for, no disrespect, an unrated prospect on somebody else's show. But we wish them nothing but the best in their new promotional venture," Ellerbe said.

50 shot back at Ellerbe, and dared Mayweather to fight Gamboa.

"Gamboa wants to fight Floyd. I will put up a extra 20 million for the winner. [Gamboa] don't like it that Floyd pulled out [from the TMT Promotions venture]. Ellerbe, you a broke bum. Gamboa wants to fight, tell [Floyd to] lace up. Gamboa is the truth...Floyd knows that....stop tricking and fight. Gamboa moving up in weight Floyd. You should have known not to go against me punk. I can't hang out with Floyd no more...I'm tired of running from Manny Pacquiao," the rapper wrote on the social networks.

this is great

gamboa fighting floyd?

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Verified
‏@FloydMayweather
A male boxing groupie.. hold my belts because your album sales have declined http://instagr.am/p/Rjhoa1R3Vb/
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #855
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gamboa? That's just weird.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: