Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #76
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Williams/Lara summarizes why I never bet on boxing.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #77
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

The dude just needs to avoid fighting southpaws or slick boxer types.

He needs to run as far away from Martinez as possible. Though Lara deserves a rematch, it would be in the best interest of Paul if that didn't happen.

While it's true that Paul's stamina really plummeted in the Lara fight, I think that was due to him chasing Lara around and eating all those straight left hands.

It's clear that Paul has trouble defending against the left hand from a southpaw, and it's also clear that he struggles against slick fighters who potshot. But there's plenty of opponents at 154/160 who don't fit that description and who can give us some great fights.

Cotto, Alvarez, Chavez Jr., Angulo, Margarito rematch, Wolak, etc... All would be fun fights to watch.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #78
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim

yeah, I had money on Lara!! Awesome odds!!

First I was like but then I was like

man, I'm still

If I would see those judges:
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #79
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim

I just watched it and that was an atrocious decision.

I don't see how anyone can justify that that mess.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #80
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

all 3 judges who did the lara/williams fight were suspended by the new jersey athletic commission
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #81
Flash88

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

I have a problem with them suspending the judges.

There were 6 rounds that I felt could've gone either way in the fight:

Rounds 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12

This sets a bad precedent. Pretty soon every close decision might result in suspended judges. It should be a complete and total robbery for them to suspend judges: Holyfield/Lewis I, Casamayor/Santa Cruz, Shumenov/Campillo II, Whitaker/Chavez, De La Hoya/Sturm, etc.

Fights in which there was no possible way one fighter could have won 6 rounds.

Last edited by Flash88 : 07-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #82
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
I have a problem with them suspending the judges.

There were 6 rounds that I felt could've gone either way in the fight:

Rounds 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12

This sets a bad precedent. Pretty soon every close decision might result in suspended judges. It should be a complete and total robbery for them to suspend judges: Holyfield/Lewis I, Casamayor/Santa Cruz, Shumenov/Campillo II, Whitaker/Chavez, De La Hoya/Sturm, etc.

Fights in which there was no possible way one fighter could have won 6 rounds.

we must have been watching a different fight then.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #83
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
we must have been watching a different fight then.
I scored the fight for Lara, but I don't regard the fight as a robbery.

If there's at least 6 rounds that were close enough to have gone either way, I don't consider those fights robberies.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #84
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
I scored the fight for Lara, but I don't regard the fight as a robbery.

If there's at least 6 rounds that were close enough to have gone either way, I don't consider those fights robberies.

that is not true.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #85
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
that is not true.
Can you list 7 rounds that you thought Lara won without question?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y91YQOPR

Here's a link to the fight if you want to rescore it.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #86
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marco Huck stopped Garay in the 10th round.

Juan Manuel Marquez scored a sensational Knockdown on Ramos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuAD5elt-Y
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #87
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh man, my polish brother Paweł...
was an entertaining fight! But since I really thought he's some $hit who deserves an title shot asap, I'm a bit disappointed. He didn't look really skillful. Can't question his heart tho
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #88
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #89
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora

I'm certainly gonna be tuned in. Thx for the reminder
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #90
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Just watched a special on Sugar Ray Robinson.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: