Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #961
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Cunningham outboxed Adamek on NBC but Adamek gets the bad decision..I think Steve looks good as a heavyweight though and should be able to land some good fights.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #962
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

Here's Adamek vs. Cunningham II. Really good fight. I thought Cunningham was robbed. Nevertheless, you should watch it if you haven't.

Khan vs. Molina was totally one sided. The first round was pretty much exactly how the fight went from there on.

Nonito Donaire won Fighter of the Year award. Well deserved. 4 wins in the year including a total domination of Nishioka and a nasty KO of Jorge Arce.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #963
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bob Arum wants Donaire vs. Rigo next year. The winner of this fight vs. Abner Mares.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #964
Edwin

Here's some fun fights from last night in Japan:

Kazuto Ioka vs. Jose Alfredo Rodriguez
Takashi Uchimiya vs. Bryan Vasquez
Kohei Kono vs. Tepparith Kokietgym

Give these fights a watch, I highly recommend you check them out.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #965
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Bob Arum wants Donaire vs. Rigo next year. The winner of this fight vs. Abner Mares.

should be rigo vs mares, winner gets donaire instead
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #966
Edwin

Uchimiya wants to fight Gamboa. Could be a really good fight. I really hope they set up this fight for this year.

Canelo maybe fighting Trout on May 4th on the card headlined by Mayweather vs. Guerrero. Canelo was rumored of fighting Cotto possibly, but being on a 2 fight losing streak pretty much killed the talks of this fight happening and since Trout was the last person to fight Cotto, they're trying to set up this fight instead. From a boxing fan point of view, Canelo vs. Trout is a better fight, from a casual fan and business point of view, Canelo vs. Cotto makes more sense.

Last edited by Edwin : 01-01-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #967
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Orlando Salido vs. Mikey Garcia next week for the WBO Featherweight and Ring Featherweight titles.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #968
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-v...ys-arum--61461

Donaire vs. Rigondeaux
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #969
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I wonder how much tickets will be for something like this. I would love to see this fight.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #970
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Does boxing still come on? haven't seen a match in about a month.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #971
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i would wait for better sources to confirm this. if this is true, then it's what boxing needs. fight might end up boring though
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #972
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lots of good fight tonight.

Mickey Garcia vs.Orlando Salido for the Ring Magazine and WBO Featherweight Title.

Gennadiy Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado for the WBA and IBO Middleweight Title.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #973
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Kelly Pavlik announces retirement

Quote:
"When you stay in the sport too long you have health problems. That's a big, big thing for me," Pavlik said. "I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about in the future. I'm talking about when I'm 55 or 60. What's gonna happen to me then? Why take any more chances, especially in that sport. It's a brutal sport and you never know what can happen.

"I won the world title, I defended my title, I was champ for three years and I made good money. Why take the chance of medical problems? That's a big part of it. I also don't think the drive is there anymore. I'm moving on to a new chapter in my life."

"I've been a pro for 13 years and doing this since I was 9," he said. "I go away for two or three months at a time (to train) and I'm tired of leaving my family. It comes to a point where you just don't want to do that anymore. I put my money away and then with the Ward fight being canceled, well, health and time with my family is more important at this stage, especially with no guaranteed big fight or date."

Quote:
"I had a pretty good career," Pavlik said. "I was 40-2 and I only lost to two of the best guys, Martinez and Hopkins. I'm content. It's not like I got knocked out. It's not like I got knocked out the way Manny Pacquiao got knocked out (in December by Juan Manuel Marquez).

"I'm fine physically. But I feel like why keep pushing the envelope? I made it this long and this far and I have had fights that were tough fights. I got dropped by Jermain Taylor, got dropped earlier in my career. But you constantly take punches and it all adds up. When you're done, you might have brain problems, you might be punchy, you might develop Parkinson's. Why push it? I don't need it and my heart's not in it anymore. So why take the chances? I've been very fortunate up to this point."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ng-term-health

Last edited by Lebron23 : 01-19-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #974
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
i would wait for better sources to confirm this. if this is true, then it's what boxing needs. fight might end up boring though
this fight won't do sh*t for boxing. What boxing needs would be that Donaire vs Mares fight.

And yea, Donaire-Rigo has a high possibility of being a boring fight. I'm more excited about the card tonight than that matchup.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #975
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Damn! I wish Kelly would fight a few more times, I think there are some great matches out there for him, and he's not too old.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: