Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #1021
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Lamont Peterson has been demoted to ESPN2.

He'll fight on this Friday vs Kendall Holt.

Should be a good fight imo, Holt got massive power so Peterson is going to have to be a bit more careful, it will be a good action packed fight I have no doubts. Great its on ESPN2 it means its pretty much free to watch.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #1022
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
no way Floyd actually said that lmao

You sure?

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-may...e-times--51067

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #1023
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz

god damn and I used to be a huge fan...

My new opinion is that he's a cancer for boxing.
Producing little fggots who talk a lot of nonsense and only take low risk fights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
floyd's next 6 fights:

1. guerrero
2. devon alexander
3. pauli malignaggi
3. danny garcia
4. mikey garcia
5. yuriorkis gamboa
6. nonito donaire

7. ivan calderon

do you have sources for that or is it your guess?

so no Canelo, no Martinez, no Bradley?

If he ends up fighting Pauli Malignaggi and anybody watches this shit I might end up facepalming myself so hard, that it's no longer healthy
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #1024
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Its been said that Broner is jumping ship to Showtime also to be on the Mayweather undercard. HBO better snatch him up to a multi million deal quick.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #1025
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Its been said that Broner is jumping ship to Showtime also to be on the Mayweather undercard. HBO better snatch him up to a multi million deal quick.
I don't think HBO really wants Broner anyway. He's ****in ignorant
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #1026
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I don't think HBO really wants Broner anyway. He's ****in ignorant
What's wards contract status? I'd think they'd be more worried about poaching him. I'm not certain that he'll ever be the draw he should be, but ward is boxing the instant Floyd's done.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #1027
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
What's wards contract status? I'd think they'd be more worried about poaching him. I'm not certain that he'll ever be the draw he should be, but ward is boxing the instant Floyd's done.
Ignorance sells these days and he's close to divisions with all the top fighters once he decides to move up 5 pounds (140-147.)

Ward has no one to fight.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #1028
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
do you have sources for that or is it your guess?

so no Canelo, no Martinez, no Bradley?

If he ends up fighting Pauli Malignaggi and anybody watches this shit I might end up facepalming myself so hard, that it's no longer healthy

lol i can't even count. anyway i thought #s 3 onwards was a dead giveaway

-----

broner will eventually outsell ward if he continues winning like he does. he'll be the next big draw
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #1029
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If ward gets the right promotional package im not so sure. Ward has legit ATG level potential. That doesn't mean he'll sell but I think he could. Especially if he ever gets the right backing.

Also 168 is as good as just about any division if you don't include Floyd, the problem is none of them are American stars
Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1030
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Evander Holyfield donated P25 million worth of aid for typhoon Pablo victims. He also visited Manny Pacquiao in Saranggani.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nat...ield-sarangani
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #1031
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
If ward gets the right promotional package im not so sure. Ward has legit ATG level potential. That doesn't mean he'll sell but I think he could. Especially if he ever gets the right backing.

Also 168 is as good as just about any division if you don't include Floyd, the problem is none of them are American stars
I Wouldn't say that.

That 140-147 range has the depth.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 AM   #1032
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
I Wouldn't say that.

That 140-147 range has the depth.
Well yeah because you are including two weight classes. If you include 175 168-175 matches up fine
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #1033
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Well yeah because you are including two weight classes. If you include 175 168-175 matches up fine

or 160 - 168
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #1034
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

joking right? Outside of Ward fans, nobody cares about Andre. Yes h a fret fighter but his style isn't exactly fan friendly and not that entertaining in or out of the ring. On top of that, he doesn't draw worth a damn. How many PPVs has he sold? And he's suppose to step up once Floyd is gone?

If HBO had a choice between Broner or Ward, they would take Broner in a heartbeat.

To put in perspective, Adrian Broner's last fight against unknown Rees, drew about 1.4M views. That's more than any of Ward's fights, including the so called super fight between him and Dawson. And like LK mentioned, there simply isn't big enough names in his weight class to propel him to super stardom.

Who knows? Maybe if he keeps winnig, people will have to start taking notice. But as far as him being "boxing" after Floyd is done, doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
floyd's next 6 fights:

1. guerrero
2. devon alexander
3. pauli malignaggi
3. danny garcia
4. mikey garcia
5. yuriorkis gamboa
6. nonito donaire

7. ivan calderon
trollin' hard with that one

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 02-22-2013 at 01:22 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #1035
raiderfan19
Shazam!

It always amuses me when the media complains about guys not being able to draw. Who draws is 75% how they are covered. Put ward on hbo with 24/7 behind him, put him on the tv circuit have them call him the savior of boxing and tell him to talk some trash and voila you have a guy that draws.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: