Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #1081
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

I don't see gamboa taking a browner fight but I'd like to see it
raiderfan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #1082
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Broner is a ***** for taking on Malignaggi.

He essentially skipped the best division in boxing (140) to take on a featherfisted, past his prime titleholder who got beat up by a nobody in his last fight.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #1083
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
Broner is a ***** for taking on Malignaggi.

He essentially skipped the best division in boxing (140) to take on a featherfisted, past his prime titleholder who got beat up by a nobody in his last fight.

well he wants to go the floyd route.

anyway im sure he'll eventually fight one of the big names in 140 within the year. assuming broner stays with golden boy and wont fight top rank fighters..he can fight these guys: maidana, mathysse, khan, alexander, lamont peterson, danny garcia. i dont see him fighting mayweather

Last edited by magic chiongson : 03-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #1084
Flash88

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
well he wants to go the floyd route.

anyway im sure he'll eventually fight one of the big names in 140 within the year. assuming broner stays with golden boy and wont fight top rank fighters..he can fight these guys: maidana, mathysse, khan, alexander, lamont peterson, danny garcia. i dont see him fighting mayweather
At this point in their careers, Floyd was cleaning out a very strong junior lightweight division and then moving up to face the best lightweight there was at the time.

Broner just doesn't have Floyd's courage or skills.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #1085
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Pretty much no ones does tho hes a once in a lifetime type fighter, Broner will be good but I doubt he will ever be FMW good.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #1086
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Yall heard Floyd rip into Andre Ward? Was a bit harsh but I agree wit him on the religious stuff and he isn't lying when he said Ward does not draw. Apparently, Ward picked The ghost to beat Floyd and that is what set him off. Typical Floyd rant

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14046.html

Quote:
Like I said before, these fighters be killing me with all this S.O.G., man. I don't really know Andre Ward. I don't have anything negative or bad to say about Andre Ward. Nothing against him, and like I said before, anybody has a right to call themselves whatever name they want to call themselves. He calls himself S.O.G. If I'm not mistaken, that stands for Son of God. Last time I checked, we're all God's children. When one fighter is facing another fighter, God don't choose sides. What's going to happen in life is going to happen. Everything is already planned out. Listen man, if you're going to be a pastor, go to church. If you're going to be a reverend, go to church. If you're going to be a boxer, be a boxer. I mean, one minute, they want to say all this S.O.G. stuff, and the next minute, they wanna go put tattoos on they body. I ain't never seen a pastor boxing. I ain't never seen a reverend boxing.

Quote:
Not knocking Andre Ward, but he can't sell tickets nowhere. He can't sell tickets in Las Vegas. This is the only guy I know that's a gold medalist, but don't nobody know he's a gold medalist. He's a gold medalist, but he's making money like he don't even got a medal. Like I said before, Andre Ward, he's a good fighter, but who knows him? If you're not in Oakland, you don't even know who he is. He's getting older and time is ticking, so I mean, when is he going to ever leave Oakland and put assess in seats somewhere else? There's a difference when you say "Andre Ward". The only people that know him are in the boxing world. Floyd Mayweather is a worldwide celebrity; a worldwide mogul. You know, you got fighters, sometimes, they speak on certain situations where the thing is this, like I always tell you before, when you're a fighter getting a million dollars, a million dollar fighter like Andre Ward, if anything, you need to come to my camp so you can learn the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. I got the blueprint on how to sell out arenas worldwide. We know Adrien Broner is more known than Andre Ward. He don't even have an amateur background. He's got a gold medal? Let me get it and I'll melt it down and get a medallion made.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #1087
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #1088
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
At this point in their careers, Floyd was cleaning out a very strong junior lightweight division and then moving up to face the best lightweight there was at the time.

said no one ever...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #1089
Flash88

Way to completely ignore my previous comment.

Broner doesn't have Floyd's courage. When Floyd was Broner's age, he was cleaning up a solid junior lightweight division and taking on the best lightweight in the world.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #1090
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Way to completely ignore my previous comment.

Broner doesn't have Floyd's courage. When Floyd was Broner's age, he was cleaning up a solid junior lightweight division and taking on the best lightweight in the world.
To Broner's defense, he doesn't have the opportunity to fight solid lightweights because there aren't many compared to when Floyd was in that division in the late 90s
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #1091
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
To Broner's defense, he doesn't have the opportunity to fight solid lightweights because there aren't many compared to when Floyd was in that division in the late 90s

yeah moving up and fighting that girl Paulie Malignaggi is the best choice
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1092
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Broner needs to fight Lucas Mattyhyse, Danny Garcia or even Juan Manuel Marquez.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #1093
Flash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
But he's skipping arguably the best division in boxing to cherrypick Malignaggi.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #1094
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But he's skipping arguably the best division in boxing to cherrypick Malignaggi.
I really don't see why folks are saying he's skipping a division when he can easily fight at 140 his next. Its been done before people. He fights Paulie because he has a belt and a name, and its in Brooklyn. Perfect for him for his rise if he wins come June. Him fighting Garcia or Rios now, what will that do for him?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #1095
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

to be fair its his first fight above 135, lets see what broner does in his next 3 fights after malignaggi before calling him anything
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: