Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #1126
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: All Purpose Boxing Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Bradley showed more heart in this fight than ever. His biggest criticism was that he was soft. He took that Russian's best shots and kept fighting hard. How can this possibility hurt his popularity?
You heard the boo's, after the fight. Most there (close to his hometown) thought Ruslan won.

Also, I've never seen Ruslan fight, most were calling him a C-level ESPN2 fighter.

I think goin toe-to-toe with a ESPN fighter (not my words, he sure didn't look like one too me) hurt him tonight. If he came in and destroyed him it would have been different. It was have erased the Pacman memories. He also got knocked down twice.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #1127
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Bradley fought the wrong fight againts Provodnikov. He beat better boxers than Ruslan in the 140 lbs weight division.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #1128
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

It was a stylistic issue for Bradley. Provodnikov was all wrong for Tim with his brutal straight right that Bradley couldn't get away from. It happens and that's why the mantra "styles make fights" is so cliche but also so true when it comes to professional prize fighting.

This fight does not hurt Bradley in the least. This guy has gotten a raw deal and I'm not even much of a Bradley guy. I don't think he is a great fighter, but rather a tough guy that is solid in pretty much all areas, but not outstanding in any one... except for chin and guts.

Still, that Pacquiao fight was closer than the announcers made it seem.

HBO Bias Exposed

Did I think Manny won that fight? Yes... But I thought it was close. Certainly not "robbery" status. And, certainly not enough for Bradley to basically have his name soiled because he got that decision, which is what has happened.

Even if it was a total farce of a decision (which it wasn't), how is that Bradley's fault?

Just really weird the way the public and the promoters have reacted to that fight.

In the same light, NO WAY Bradley's win tonight should diminish him. That was one of the gutsiest performances I have seen in a long time from a fighter. Just about any other fighter would have been down and out 5-6 times in the first 2 rounds alone.

Bradley persevered against a guy who matched up perfectly against him, adapted his style and gutted out a win. This should enhance Bradley, as far as I'm concerned. I want to watch this guy fight again, and like I said, I'm not the biggest Bradley guy... Or, at least I wasn't before tonight.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #1129
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

dang i missed the fight, wish i hadn't provodnikov was underrated, and i guess roach redeemed himself as well. he said prior to the pacquiao fight provo could beat bradley. nice win by bradley btw.

if broner knocks out paulie and stays at 147, i wanna see him against bradley/provodnikov.

Last edited by magic chiongson : 03-17-2013 at 07:22 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #1130
DonD13
glew up ☆

somebody has a link to the bradley provodnikov fight?

TIA
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1131
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

also for an all top-rank card, i would pay for a maquez - bradley ppv, with rios-provodnikov in the undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
somebody has a link to the bradley provodnikov fight?

TIA

torrents should pop up in about 12 hours.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #1132
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Here's my take and I'll try to look at both sides. Wow, what an amazing fight. Best fight of 2012 so far, right?

Anyways, I can see why people say this was a bad look for Timmy. First off, coming off the Pacman win, this was suppose to be a statement victory. He was suppose to shut everyone up who taught he didn't beat Manny and come away with a clear cut victory.

Ruslan is a decent fighter, he's no bum but this is Tim Bradley we are talking about. The guy, who is his own words, beat Manny 8 rounds to 4. World class, Undefeated fighter, welterweight champion that's one of the best in his weight class. And Ruslan, he has not fight anyone significant. Should have been a statement win but that's the guy that Bradley, barley escaped with the win.

If that was Floyd, Manny or Marquez, the other top WWs, people would be ripping them to shreds for it being more competitive than it should. Yall know that's true.

But IMO, I don't think this performance should be a knock against Tim. I didn't expect to see Tim slug it out like that. To me, he showed that he can trade shots or box and be entertaining in the ring. To me that's most important. If you make it fun for the fans to watch, I want to see you again. But I will say, he got a little lucky on the cards. I would have had it a draw and bring on the rematch.

If you asked me, who would I rather see fight, Tim Bradley or Andre Ward? I'm going with The Desert Storm, easily. I would like to see Bradley-Pacquiao II or Bradley-Marquez. Hell, with Bradley, Pacquiao, Marquez, Rios and Alvarado, you can mix and match all those guys and they'd be good fights.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #1133
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Still, that Pacquiao fight was closer than the announcers made it seem.

HBO Bias Exposed

Did I think Manny won that fight? Yes... But I thought it was close. Certainly not "robbery" status. And, certainly not enough for Bradley to basically have his name soiled because he got that decision, which is what has happened.

About Bradley vs Pacquiao....why do we have to "think" which one actually won the fight. Or if the decision was "robbery" status or not. The whole fight is available to download in HD and all one need to do is rescore it in slow motion. Are we saying no one has done this yet?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #1134
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Bradley outboxed the dude 7-8 rounds easy, It was a close fight but the better boxer deserved to win. The 3rd round is were Prov should have looked to finish it off but I dont know wtf he was trying to there(most likely catch his breath and hopefully noy be looking for one good shot) Bradley recognizes he was concussed by the 1st round, and by the slurred speech in his postfight...damn that dude must punch like a middleweight
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1135
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson

torrents should pop up in about 12 hours.

yessir http://kat.ph/2013-03-16-timothy-bra...-t7207711.html

sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #1136
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I don't like Bradley for some reason. He was totally gifted the Pacquiao decision. And the ref completely blew the KD in the first round of this fight. The guy was stumbling around like Zab Judah.

That Russian guy was tough, but he didn't have enough left to finish him. And those Russians are always so ****ing slow. It's maddening. Someone transplant some fast-twitch fibers into those plodders. You're never going to see, like, a Russian Hector Camacho or Roy Jones.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #1137
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
About Bradley vs Pacquiao....why do we have to "think" which one actually won the fight. Or if the decision was "robbery" status or not. The whole fight is available to download in HD and all one need to do is rescore it in slow motion. Are we saying no one has done this yet?

bradley beat pacquiao, in the same way as pacquiao having a 2-1-1 record against marquez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervilleCdn

Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #1138
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

I think Marquez might beat Bradley right now. Ruslan and Pacman softened Bradley. If I am Bradley I'll just rest my body, and make a comeback at the end of the year.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #1139
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...nikov-compubox

Bradley threw 1000 punches againts Ruslan last night. He also out jabbed, and outlanded the Russian in power punches 281-186
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #1140
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
bradley beat pacquiao, in the same way as pacquiao having a 2-1-1 record against marquez.

This

I think the Pacquiao and Marquez series is currently tied at 2-2

Pac-JMM 1 - Pacquiao won. It should have been a split decision in favor of Manny. One of the judges admitted on making an error in his score card. It should have been 10-6 when Pacquiao knock down Marquez 3x in the first round.
Pac Jmm 2 - Marquez won
Pac Jmm 3 - Pacquiao clearly won. He outlanded Marquez.
Pac JMM 4 - Marquez clearly won. He brutally KO'ed Pacquiao in the 6th round.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: