Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 2 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
What makes you think it was "jitters?" And more importantly, what makes you think that Bron/Wade will continue to hit 70% of their threes?

Why are fans in general incapable of crediting the slightest thing to the other team?
Dallas should get some credit for that 39% FG shooting. However, their zone defense is the reason why the Heat gobbled up rebounds more than usual.

Cause it's the Finals? I wasn't overly impressed with the Dallas defense, Miami was missing open shots

I also dont think Miami is going to have nearly so poor a showing at the line the rest of the series

Last edited by comerb : 06-02-2011 at 12:52 PM.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
LeFraud Shames
Banned

LeFraud Shames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Lets break down your flawed analysis

They shot 38.9% because they got alot of 2nd chance shot from offensive rebounds, they had 16 offensive rebounds. Now, dallas should be happy miami shot poorly because this could have been a blow out. Bosh shot 5-19 Fg%, i don't think this will last, also wade shot 9/19FG, and i think this will not last either.

Miami just finished playing the best rebounding team in the League (The Bulls). Apart from game 1 where the bulls out rebounded them by a big margin, they pretty much held their own against the bulls on the glass, and thats why the bulls never won any other game except for game 1. They out rebounded the Celtics by a big margin, the sixers too.. I wouldn't put any emphasis on their rebounding in the regular season, because we know that doesn't mean shit.
On the other hand, Dallas although they've been winning games in the playoffs, OKC out rebounded dallas in all the games, Lakers out rebounded them in 2 of the games, They split with portland on rebounds. So no, Dallas is not a better rebounding team than miami..

While this sounds all good in theory, the fact is lebron only shot 1 freethrow in game one, this is not going to last, Miami is not giving up the rebounding battle, they are fresh from playing the bulls, they know what to do. If dirk is going to chip in and rebound the ball, expect his scoring to be affected, because he still has to work hard to score on miami's defense. And just like derrick rose in the bulls series, if dirk is not scoring efficiently, Dallas is not winning this series.. ..

PUTTING THE SMASH DOWN!!!

LeFraud Shames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty much a must win for my Mavs tonight.

Can't wait.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
What makes you think it was "jitters?" And more importantly, what makes you think that Bron/Wade will continue to hit 70% of their threes?

Why are fans in general incapable of crediting the slightest thing to the other team?
Dallas should get some credit for that 39% FG shooting. However, their zone defense is the reason why the Heat gobbled up rebounds more than usual.

Miami still shot a poor overall percentage so that easily can improve.. Also Wade and especially Lebron barely went to the FT line.. I expect that to change if they are not hitting from outside will attack the rim and paint more. As a Dallas fan I guess U should still try to paint a good picture as to why they still have hope however I will point out a couple things that Wont change throughout series is Miami has 3 of the top 4 players in the series and also have the Faster more athletic team with the better defense...
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #20
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Pretty much a must win for my Mavs tonight.

Can't wait.

Absolutely. There's no way Miami doesn't come back home with a 3-2 lead if Dallas goes down 0-2 tonight. If they have to come back home at all.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #21
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Thumbs down Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 2 thread: Dallas Mavericks at Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Lets break down your flawed analysis
Let's see if you actually do point out any flaws.

Quote:
They shot 38.9% because they got alot of 2nd chance shot from offensive rebounds, they had 16 offensive rebounds.
Incorrect. They shot 38.9% because they shot poorly. Take away 16 offensive rebounds from the shot total and what do you have? a lower percentage. Try again.

Quote:
Now, dallas should be happy miami shot poorly because this could have been a blow out. Bosh shot 5-19 Fg%, i don't think this will last, also wade shot 9/19FG, and i think this will not last either.
Correct. They may not shoot that poorly again, but I argued that the reason they shot that poorly is because of the Mavericks defense - it is set up to force Miami into perimeter shots, instead of easy baskets. Only homers think their team miss shots by accident.

Quote:
Miami just finished playing the best rebounding team in the League (The Bulls). Apart from game 1 where the bulls out rebounded them by a big margin, they pretty much held their own against the bulls on the glass, and thats why the bulls never won any other game except for game 1. They out rebounded the Celtics by a big margin, the sixers too.. I wouldn't put any emphasis on their rebounding in the regular season, because we know that doesn't mean shit. On the other hand, Dallas although they've been winning games in the playoffs, OKC out rebounded dallas in all the games, Lakers out rebounded them in 2 of the games, They split with portland on rebounds. So no, Dallas is not a better rebounding team than miami, given that they have dirk/chandler/haywood.
Sorry. Not my argument that Dallas is a better rebounding team. Only what they have to do to win tonight. (hit boards, hit more shots, play the same defense, but keep mixing it up)

Quote:
While this sounds all good in theory, the fact is lebron only shot 1 freethrow in game one, this is not going to last, Miami is not giving up the rebounding battle, they are fresh from playing the bulls, they know what to do. If dirk is going to chip in and rebound the ball, expect his scoring to be affected, because he still has to work hard to score on miami's defense. And just like derrick rose in the bulls series, if dirk is not scoring efficiently, Dallas is not winning this series.. ..

Let me break it down to you:
  • There's a reason why LeBron shot only 1 freethrows in the first game. (no, it wasn't an accident. Think hard)
  • Miami can lose the rebounding battle, and when they do, they'll lose the game.
It's up to Dirk to hit a higher percentage of his shots, not hit the boards harder. Chandler got only 4 rebounds. I imagine he will be twice as dedicated tonight.

Finally, nowhere did I say that Dallas is winning the series. In fact I did predict Miami to win in 6. But don't let that pop the bubble of your homer logic.
Gotterdammerung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Miami still shot a poor overall percentage so that easily can improve..
That can improve if the perimeter shooters catch fire. But Wade and LeBron are streak shooters from outside.
Quote:
Also Wade and especially Lebron barely went to the FT line.. I expect that to change if they are not hitting from outside will attack the rim and paint more.
The number will change if they solve the zone defense better, but the best way to beat zone is to make your jumpers. That explains why they did not have as many freethrows in game 1.

Quote:
As a Dallas fan I guess U should still try to paint a good picture as to why they still have hope however I will point out a couple things that Wont change throughout series is Miami has 3 of the top 4 players in the series and also have the Faster more athletic team with the better defense...
Not a Dallas fan. Nor am I a fan of Miami. I'm a fan of the NBA and I enjoy analyzing games to see why team A beat team B, and predict the next game. No rosy-colored glasses need apply here. It is sheer Homer Logic to think that either you're with us or you're against us, and nothing in between.
Gotterdammerung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #23
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Let's see if you actually do point out any flaws.

Incorrect. They shot 38.9% because they shot poorly. Take away 16 offensive rebounds from the shot total and what do you have? a lower percentage. Try again.

Correct. They may not shoot that poorly again, but I argued that the reason they shot that poorly is because of the Mavericks defense - it is set up to force Miami into perimeter shots, instead of easy baskets. Only homers think their team miss shots by accident.

Sorry. Not my argument that Dallas is a better rebounding team. Only what they have to do to win tonight. (hit boards, hit more shots, play the same defense, but keep mixing it up)

Let me break it down to you:
  • There's a reason why LeBron shot only 1 freethrows in the first game. (no, it wasn't an accident. Think hard)
  • Miami can lose the rebounding battle, and when they do, they'll lose the game.
It's up to Dirk to hit a higher percentage of his shots, not hit the boards harder. Chandler got only 4 rebounds. I imagine he will be twice as dedicated tonight.

Finally, nowhere did I say that Dallas is winning the series. In fact I did predict Miami to win in 6. But don't let that pop the bubble of your homer logic.

Its hilarious how people have been hating on Dirk for getting only 8 boards (all of them defensive by the way) while Chandler seems to be getting a free pass for grabbing only 4 rebounds.

I've been saying it all playoffs and all year. If Dirk does not play a great game or completely dominate the 4th qtr, the Mavs have little to no chance to win.

The problem with that is simply I'm not sure the Heat will let Dirk do that. They have very good defenders and have shown they can shade and double without getting killed.

Hopefully game 1 was more of an anomaly than a pattern. I didn't see much I liked at all.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #24
The Decision
Banned

The Decision has not been impressing people

Miami Heat will WIN game 2, I guarantee it!
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #26
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Game Link:
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/6...mavericks.html

Put it in the first post.

LeBron will drop 33 and D-Wade will have a double-double. Terry will be the Mavs' second leading scorer, hitting 5 big threes.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #27
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Its hilarious how people have been hating on Dirk for getting only 8 boards (all of them defensive by the way) while Chandler seems to be getting a free pass for grabbing only 4 rebounds.

I've been saying it all playoffs and all year. If Dirk does not play a great game or completely dominate the 4th qtr, the Mavs have little to no chance to win.

The problem with that is simply I'm not sure the Heat will let Dirk do that. They have very good defenders and have shown they can shade and double without getting killed.

Hopefully game 1 was more of an anomaly than a pattern. I didn't see much I liked at all.

Chandler didn't rebound.. I don't think you can blame Dirk for the rebounding problems.. You also have to take into account that Dallas goes small with Barea, terry and Jason kidd.. That hurts them on the boards as well..

Dallas just has to play their game AND they will kick arse..

Putting Lebron on Terry was a good move.. They will have to run their offensive alot better if they want to get good shots..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #28
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Look for Bosh on the low post again.
Also look for D-wade to get his shot going.

*Look for marion to start playing tight 'D" on lebron.

Look for a double high pick and roll to weak side shooter for Mav's :
If they can't fast break or transition bball going they will double high pick.
* Will we see CB play D-Wade tonight

TWO surprises in my looking glass:

Heat player off the bench gets hot
Someone going to get in serious foul trouble early
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
Kobe24Clutch
Banned

Kobe24Clutch has an OK reputation so far

LET'S GO HEAT
Kobe24Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #30
SebasMiamiFan
Dolphins,Heat,Marlins

SebasMiamiFan has not been impressing people

Quote:

Both teams had jitters. That's what they said in the press conferences.
SebasMiamiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: