Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #61
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Donnie Walsh out as Knicks team president. Will just be consultant for 2011-12

If Walsh leaves and D'Antoni stays i will be pissed.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #62
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donnie Walsh out as Knicks team president. Will just be consultant for 2011-12

This just etches in stone my opinion of Dolan being a complete douchebag.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #63
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1. You basically claimed Melo would never leave the Nuggets via trade. Do you think I forgot? You basically argued with Knicks fans for a few months before it happened.

Uhhh in that 5 months TONS of things was said. Of course at the start I didn't think he was leaving. Over time they bounced from him going to Denver, NJ, NY. Just like nobody thought NY would give up everything and Denver would get robbed blind. If you wanted to call me out, probably should have used me saying there's a good shot he goes to NJ. I said MULTIPLE times Melo either A. Leaves via trade B. Signs the extension. He was signing the extension. No way he was hitting FA. What does this have to do with what I said? .... Oh Nothing. Cool.

Quote:
2. Denver got the better end of the deal? We gave you 2 guys who's numbers were elevated due to the system they played in in NY. Wilson Chandler performed poorly, & Gallo is still inconsistent. In return we got back an All Star and an expiring veteran PG.

Insecure much? Where the F*ck did I say Denver got the better deal?. All I said was we got everything. And we did. Minus Fields. NY doesn't have that to offer NO. That's all I meant. Guess we know what's on your mind tho

Quote:
3. NO can't do much better than NY except for LA. They are in the same situation as Denver, whether you like it or not. Denver could've moved Melo for a better package but no team was willing to step up without assurance Melo would sign an extension to play there. What team is going to mortage their future for Chris Paul if he isnt willing to sign an extension there? We're willing to part with Billups, Fields, #17 Pick, Douglas, Walker, Turiaf and a contract filler for CP3 & Okafor's huge deal. They're not getting anything back when CP3 does leave via Free Agency except for a TE.

Denver probably couldn't of got a better deal. I still like the fact NJ was giving up Favors, but looks like they had the Deron thing in works and that was just speculation. You could have OKC give up Westbrook for Chris Paul. Lakers could shock and awe after this year and give up Bynum or Pau. Paul could be willing to go to another location and not set on NY. Most importantly? CBA could change and make it easier for NO to retain Chris Paul and or make it harder for the Knicks to get him.

Quote:
I mean seriously, the Nuggets have a nice group of young players with Lawson, Afflalo, Chandler, & Gallo but we're attempting to win a championship in NY in the next 5 years. You're just hoping to stay above water for the next decade in Denver

Honestly the insecurites are a bad look for you. I never mentioned Denver once. Simply replied to something in the thread about you guy's landing one of the marquee players in the league witch will be a popular topic for anybody who watches the NBA. For whatever reason me being a Nuggets fan has you on edge.

Since you went there tho, silly to act like you'll be competiting for a championship 100%. Melo and Iverson, #1 and #2 in scoring when the trade happened. Averaged like 26\24 together. Iverson lacked in the playmaking department. Amare lacks in the rebounding deparment. Both duo's lacked in the defensive department. We surrounded them with J.R Smith, Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin etc. Albeit weren't always healthy, but like NY fans saw this year that's not a given for any team. Denver's future is clearly up in the air, so won't even talk about it. Will say Knicks were suppose to "wow" more in the playoffs, atleast Denver won a game.

Not sure why you even went there tho, probably opened up a shit storm
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #64
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
That's what Larry Coon thinks happens. Except he thinks luxury tax is much harsher in the new CBA. I just think that for personally reasons, Stern wants the hard cap and will push for it, whereas the Owners want the soft cap like you said. But they'll consider a hard cap a win because they save money.
No he doesn't. A few cheap ass owners do. Not Stern.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #65
T.O.RapsJays
Go Jays/Raptors!!

T.O.RapsJays has an OK reputation so far

Shaq's availale ...
T.O.RapsJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #66
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
This just etches in stone my opinion of Dolan being a complete douchebag.
It wasn't yet etched in stone? You were still iffy?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #67
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Caption contest:

"No Donnie, you got it all wrong. You have to trade 5 draft picks. Not 3."

"Ohhhhhh"
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #68
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Donnie is one of the best front office men in this sport.

Ironically I have to wonder if some players aren't turned off by the pressure of playing in the NY media eye , but playing for a dumb a$s owner

Folks think about this - rumors are Zeke has a better than 50% of coming back to the organization.
This is the same guy that buried the franchise.
We aren't just talking about a franchise , a city and the team (We are talking about Millions of dollars he squandered for the owner !!! )

------------------------------------

As far as I see NY (Donnie W. ) did a great job clearing space and helping the franchise to be pro active in the free agency market as well as now having future opportunities.

But I don't think Amare and Melo is the answer to a championship , and they are literally in a rebuild for at least a couple years.

So who would you like to have a franchise in this position guide you in molding a team into a legit contender

This next discision the owner has will either break the team for the next 5-8 years or make the team into a contender.

Simple as that.

I wonder if Don Nelson or Mark Jackson have the cred for this.... there was a guy who did well for the Suns until they became to cheap...
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sixers > Knicks, how you like them apples niko? bagelred? zaza? clutch? Huh?

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #70
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
I can't believe how badly Knicks fans are over rating the talent on their roster.

They've got two max contract guys who are nowhere near max contract players.

LBJ and Wade are actually taking up less cap space on their team than Amare and Melo are on theirs. Despite being the far, FAR superior tandem.

And Miami has had to grind just to get to the finals. They didnt finish the regular season with the best record, and they didnt sweep a playoff series. They have two of the top 3 players in the league. New York has max contracts committed to a couple of borderline top-10 guys. And basically nothing else. No draft picks to trade, hardly any role players. New York is not a contender. Anyone think this roster is gonna contend for something? LOL stop. And what moves can they make to change it? Virtually none.

The way they played at the end of this season, basically .500 ball, is how theyre gonna play next year, maybe a slight bit better. Believe me, "training camp" is not gonna suddenly make this team a contender. smfh at delusional fans.

You're just an idiot, that's all.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #71
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Sixers > Knicks ?

Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #72
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dantoni needs to go next
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #73
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
dantoni needs to go next
+1000000000
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #74
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Hawks > Sixers > Knicks

How do you like them apples GOBB? bagelred?

And when the Hawks get Brandon Roy (for Kirk Hinrich and Marvin Williams), it will be

Hawks > Mavs > Heat > and everyone else
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #75
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Heat>>>>>>> every other team
YAMAD?
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: