Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donnie Walsh is out, Glen Grunwald new interim GM.

would be even something if d/antoni is fired the next day and phil jackson is hired 1 hour later
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
would be even something if d/antoni is fired the next day and phil jackson is hired 1 hour later
D'antoni isn't getting "fired", he will be released to go coach somewhere else if anything happens to him.

Phil isn't coaching a roster that can't contend.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yesterday I was rapping with some of my guys on the force about Donnie not being Prez anymore, and I swear it was like a funeral.

Then here I go and say , "Damn you guys act like he was Exec of the Year".

So long story short all I kept hearing was "Walsh was responsible for the Knicks being back."

Of course my response is "Thank Stern for making Dolan hire him, and Dolan's money too".

But enough of that.

The things he did, ANY competent Exec could have.

I think Walsh did a decent job, if I had to rate him, I'd give him a C-.

ANY Exec could have given up winning games in two straight seasons by just giving away players for absolutely no compensation other than expirers.

I'm still mad with the T-Mac deal.

Nobody wanted that contract, nobody.

But we gave up three damn draft picks for it.....

1) 2009 pick Jordan Hill
2) right to swap 2011 picks
2) 2012 1st round pick

And of course D'antoni's hiring.

The Crawford deal was good to me, as we got an expirer in Harrington who actually was a decent player.

Could have gotten way more for Z-Bo though, and some picks too.

But overall C-, passing score, but could have been better.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Donnie Walsh gets to New York, Knicks become relevant again. Donnie Walsh gets canned by the dipshit owner, Knicks fans jump through hoops to make it seem like a good move.

You're like battered wives. "Do you still love me?!" "I said shut up *****!"

Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Donnie Walsh gets to New York, Knicks become relevant again. Donnie Walsh gets canned by the dipshit owner, Knicks fans jump through hoops to make it seem like a good move.

You're like battered wives. "Do you still love me?!" "I said shut up *****!"

Nah dude, I only speak for me, and Walsh did a good job, but nothing any GM worth his nuts couldn't have.

You sounding like the guy in the club who only sees the chick from the back.

But then you holla at her, and when she turns around you swallow you pride and still wanna hit, even though her face looks like a donkey.

Walsh did an good job, by putting us in position to try to get free agents.

It's not even about just not getting LeBron.

For every good thing Walsh did it came at a steep price every single time.

That's why I said C-.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #21
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

where will walsh end up next?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea he was pretty good but he was a very overrated GM.He didnt bring in anybody great.He pretty much did math and cleared up space.Our two best players were guys he didnt bring in himself.Essentially,his claim to fame was clearing cap space and drafting Gallo.That Daily News article was sickening. They made it seem like we fired Jesus or something.Let's not forget while he complained about not having full autonomy control,he then allowed D'Antoni to make foolish decisions...ironic.

Also,I dont believe the whole "huge blowup" story because if things ended so bad,why is Walsh still a consultant?I think we got the best of both worlds.We can now use Walsh and Thomas for their strengths and ignore their weaknesses.Plus,we lit a huge fire under D'Antoni's ass.

Bring in Pritchard or Mullin!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
where will walsh end up next?
No where right now, he is still with the Knicks.

He will be a paid consultant for next season.

I would like to add something that Walsh said in his conference......

Quote:
I love the challenge of trying to bring this team back and I think I did that, Walsh said. I think I did the first step of that. But there are more steps to go. Actually, when I came from Indiana I knew that I probably wasnt going to win a championship during my term here but I wanted to get it to a point where it was in position to do that. And I think I accomplished that.
Stern told Dolan to hire Walsh to fix his mess, he did that, the mess is fixed, Walsh and Dolan filled that request.

Quote:
"I just to myself thought, 'I don't know that I'm going to be up to that, I don't think that I can commit to that,' because I'm getting older and I do this job only one way and that is full forward ahead," Walsh said Friday. "It's 24-7 with me and I think that's what it takes, to be honest."
This is in response to the multi year deal.

Maybe Dolan is actually smarter than we give him credit for.

He could have picked up Walsh's option for the last year, but offered him a multi year deal knowing he'd decline.

But agreed to keep him as a consultant so Stern won't call the phone.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Nah dude, I only speak for me, and Walsh did a good job, but nothing any GM worth his nuts couldn't have.

You sounding like the guy in the club who only sees the chick from the back.

But then you holla at her, and when she turns around you swallow you pride and still wanna hit, even though her face looks like a donkey.

Walsh did an good job, by putting us in position to try to get free agents.

It's not even about just not getting LeBron.

For every good thing Walsh did it came at a steep price every single time.

That's why I said C-.
You might have a point. My willingness to **** something is not a reliable barometer of attractiveness. I'd **** a bear trap if I was left alone with it for too long.

I still think you're wrong though.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea he was pretty good but he was a very overrated GM.He didnt bring in anybody great.He pretty much did math and cleared up space.Our two best players were guys he didnt bring in himself.Essentially,his claim to fame was clearing cap space and drafting Gallo.That Daily News article was sickening. They made it seem like we fired Jesus or something.Let's not forget while he complained about not having full autonomy control,he then allowed D'Antoni to make foolish decisions...ironic.

Also,I dont believe the whole "huge blowup" story because if things ended so bad,why is Walsh still a consultant?I think we got the best of both worlds.We can now use Walsh and Thomas for their strengths and ignore their weaknesses.Plus,we lit a huge fire under D'Antoni's ass.

Bring in Pritchard or Mullin!!!
To do what?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
You might have a point. My willingness to **** something is not a reliable barometer of attractiveness. I'd **** a bear trap if I was left alone with it for too long.

Fair enough, but no way I can give Walsh anything better than a C-.

How would you rate him?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #27
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quite well.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Quite well.
Why did I figure you'd take the high road on the answer?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #29
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Damn son. Don't do 'em like that.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
To do what?

To get his shit together or get out.I think D'Antoni,until now,always thought he had one foot in the door no matter what as long as Walsh was president. Now his production will determine his tenure and worth here...as it shudda been all along.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: