Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #1831
Kujo
National High School Star

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 3 thread: Miami Heat at Dallas Mavericks

Dirk needs more offensive help from his starters, and the rest of supporting cast. They are just missing easy looks that they were draining in the previous series. It would be nice if Peja woke up as well.

It sucks that the officials missed that backcourt violation that led to that near half court buzzer beater by Chalmers. 3 points should have been off the board. Who knows what would have happened then.

Dallas had their chances to win the game. Both teams played great D, though the Mavs interior D was very poor early on.

Game 3 is huge. A must win for the Mavs. Go Mavs.

Last edited by Kujo : 06-06-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #1832
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Win the next two and Dallas is in a good position. Easier said than done, but winning 2 out of 3 at home would be pretty good.. but is also a must-do.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #1833
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Dirk needs more offensive help from his starters, and the rest of supporting cast. They are just missing easy looks that they were draining in the previous series. It would be nice if Peja woke up as well.

It sucks that the officials missed that backcourt violation that led to that near half court buzzer beater by Chalmers. 3 points should have been off the board. Who knows what would have happened then.

Dallas had their chances to win the game. Both teams played great D, though the Mavs interior D was very poor early on.

FYI- Gm 3 is over and Mavs lost..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #1834
swe_suns
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
FYI- Gm 3 is over and Mavs lost..

oh now I see how you have over 4k posts...

Game 4 is a must win for sure but for that to happen the mavz-bench better show up. I mean, the biased officiating was ridiculous last game and the heat won anyway so.
swe_suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #1835
Balla_Status

It's time to play Brewer and Roddy B. Brewer plays better D than Peja and can hit a spot up J.

And there's no way Roddy B could play more terrible than Barea right now. Roddy B has the ability to go off.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1836
2swift4u
Good High School Starter

that was a big win for Miami, especially after the way they lost game 2. I disliked many of the calls.. but the players were also acting and flopping a lot which I don't like at all either...
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #1837
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

If Barrea decides to show up, Dallas could still win this entire thing. But they need him to keep the defense honest, and the only way he does that is by making his floaters and jumpers.

Dallas is a very dangerous team when Barrea shoots 50%. I think hes like 5-25 right now.

I woulda liked to see Dirk take a better shot then a fadeaway off a pumpfake... he shoulda went straight up off the spin. O well.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #1838
brandonman
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo

THIS! - All except for the Half Court three at the end of the 2nd, (I dont feel that made a difference in the closing minutes)

BUT, I agree on the missed wide open looks, Because if JJ and Jason Terry were hitting those open looks down the stretch, Mavs 2-1 going into game 4 - IMO
brandonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #1839
50inchvertical
College star

Yall think UD is fouling Dirk? On just basic fighting for position plays? He's not even using his arms, he's doing it with his hands up. What the **** is he supposed to do then? Just let Dirk pick a spot and stand too paces away? I think he's doing an excellent job denying good post position without fouling. All he's doing most of the time is fronting.

And Jason Kidd travels on all of his 3s and pump fake the 3 then drive moves but nobody ever says anything. I mean egregious travels. He sunk the Thunder in the playoffs on that 3 he traveled.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #1840
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
If Barrea decides to show up, Dallas could still win this entire thing. But they need him to keep the defense honest, and the only way he does that is by making his floaters and jumpers.

Dallas is a very dangerous team when Barrea shoots 50%. I think hes like 5-25 right now.

I woulda liked to see Dirk take a better shot then a fadeaway off a pumpfake... he shoulda went straight up off the spin. O well.

barrea, How about if Lebron and or Bosh Decide to Show up ? These Games will be blowouts.. Heat are winning despite the Refs and 2 of Big 3 not even playing great..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #1841
NastaMaverick
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
Yall think UD is fouling Dirk? On just basic fighting for position plays? He's not even using his arms, he's doing it with his hands up. What the **** is he supposed to do then? Just let Dirk pick a spot and stand too paces away? I think he's doing an excellent job denying good post position without fouling. All he's doing most of the time is fronting.

And Jason Kidd travels on all of his 3s and pump fake the 3 then drive moves but nobody ever says anything. I mean egregious travels. He sunk the Thunder in the playoffs on that 3 he traveled.
better luck next year.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #1842
50inchvertical
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
better luck next year.
back atcha
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #1843
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Unless Dirk gets more help I fail to see how this series isn't heading back to Miami with Miami up 3-2.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #1844
klee
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
Unless Dirk gets more help I fail to see how this series isn't heading back to Miami with Miami up 3-2.

If Dirk doesn't get more help, Miami will take it all in Dallas. It's a team sport--clearly one man can't do it. With that, I believe Dallas will bring it together. The games have been great to watch.
klee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #1845
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

I wanna see Dallas push the pace after misses. Miami's transition defense has been shockingly poor this series.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: