Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Mock Draft Game 2011

Last year's thread

We've done this game the last 2 years for the NBA and did it this year for the NFL draft so here's the rules...

1. Everyone will submit to me by PM a mock draft of the full 1st round. The mock must be submitted by a 1/2 hour before the start of the draft. NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. Drafts are submitted by PM to prevent people from copying others, I will post his in the thread before draft time so you know I'm not changing my picks.

3. Will take up to 12 mocks.

Scoring System

For every correct pick you make, it counts as 3 points. For every pick that you were 1 pick off, it's 2 points. 2 picks off counts as 1 point, and anything other than that goes for 0 points. Player with the most points wins. The point system goes by actual draft slot, not which team. Trades happen. For example if you have Brandon Knight going #3 to the Nets, and they trade up to #2 after you've submitted your mock and draft Knight, you don't get those points. The # at which they were selected is what you're scored upon, not the team.

Example of scoring:

Say that this is the mock I submit...

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Walker
4. Kanter
5. Knight
6. Leonard
7. Burks

And the real draft order goes...

1. Irving
2. Walker
3. Williams
4. Burks
5. Kanter
6. Burks
7. Knight

You would receive 3 points for Irving, 2 points for Walker/Williams/Kanter/Burks, and 1 point for Knight. The Burks pick was 3 or more picks off and would receive 0 points.

Who's in?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mock Draft Game 2011

You can count on me ..
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I won't give you a 100% right now because I'm taking two summer classes and I'm leaving at the beginning of July to go out of town for a few weeks so time will be pressed for me leading up to the draft. I've already essentially done a mock lottery, so I'll try and get the other 16 picks done before the draft.

Also, you still gonna do the pro prospects thread this year?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I won't give you a 100% right now because I'm taking two summer classes and I'm leaving at the beginning of July to go out of town for a few weeks so time will be pressed for me leading up to the draft. I've already essentially done a mock lottery, so I'll try and get the other 16 picks done before the draft.

Also, you still gonna do the pro prospects thread this year?
Probably not. I don't think I could write up a whole bunch of stuff on more than about 5 guys this year. If someone else made a similar thread I'd contribute though.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Probably not. I don't think I could write up a whole bunch of stuff on more than about 5 guys this year. If someone else made a similar thread I'd contribute though.

I told you i could help you with international players, there's plenty of them this draft .
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I know enough about Singler, Nolan, Irving and Singleton, but I'm not sure I'd have the time to do a decent sized write-up on each of them before the draft.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Meh, I could do JaJaun Johnson and E'Twaun Moore just because I've been watching with huge rooting interests for so long and could just do it off the top of my head, but I don't really care enough this year for other guys.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm game
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Meh, I could do JaJaun Johnson and E'Twaun Moore just because I've been watching with huge rooting interests for so long and could just do it off the top of my head, but I don't really care enough this year for other guys.
Me too. It was a fun hobby but I've got other ways to fill my time this summer.

We've got something like 7 guys signed up. Start posting about the game in the nba draft forum, I made this thread more to get the attention.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I tried signing into my posterize account to lock this thread so we'd use the other and realized my mod powers had been revoked.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #11
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im interested
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Me too. It was a fun hobby but I've got other ways to fill my time this summer.

We've got something like 7 guys signed up. Start posting about the game in the nba draft forum, I made this thread more to get the attention.
Right, I mean I could give some cursory fluffy type positive/negative type stuff I saw in guys, but I didn't take any notes or anything like years past. Guess it helps when your team's in the playoffs for the first time in half a decade.

But yeah, I'll definitely get in on the mock contest.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

BUMP

remember to send them in by Thurs night before the draft
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: