Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #16
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2011 Drew League

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Man, the overrating of Demar Derozan continues. He's more or less the same player he was the past 2 years, only difference is he learned one spin move....

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #17
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Man, the overrating of Andrea Bargnani continues. He's more or less the same player he was the past 5 years, only difference is he learned to make a pasta eating commercial. Other than that, he got a lot more minutes, twice as many field goal attempts, and subsequently twice as many points, but his handles, his passing ability, his defense, and his rebounding remained very much the same, meaning a gigantic load of crap. I've heard people saying he has an Dirk Nowitzki ceiling but i'm seeing more along the lines of a one dimensional guy like a Wang Zhu Zhu version that could score 20 points a game, who will be a great bench warmer but won't get a whole lot better over the course of his career.

Fixed.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #18
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Man, the overrating of Demar Derozan continues. He's more or less the same player he was the past 2 years, only difference is he learned one spin move. Other than that, he got a lot more minutes, twice as many field goal attempts, and subsequently twice as many points, but his handles, his passing ability, his defense, and his rebounding remained very much the same.

This is a genuine comment and I'm not just saying this about who you are as a poster on this message board, but everything you just said reminds me of Andrea Bargnani. It's just very ironic that you made that inference about another player when it suits Andrea so perfectly.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Fixed.

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Everybody breathe.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #21
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Fixed.

+1
Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Everybody breathe.

and then bash the troll again?
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #23
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
This is a genuine comment and I'm not just saying this about who you are as a poster on this message board, but everything you just said reminds me of Andrea Bargnani. It's just very ironic that you made that inference about another player when it suits Andrea so perfectly.
A genuine comment would be to actually respond to what I said and give reasons why you either agree or disagree with it, not to follow the crowd like a trained chimp and jump in on turning it into something totally different.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Man, the overrating of Demar Derozan continues. He's more or less the same player he was the past 2 years, only difference is he learned one spin move. Other than that, he got a lot more minutes, twice as many field goal attempts, and subsequently twice as many points, but his handles, his passing ability, his defense, and his rebounding remained very much the same. I've heard people saying he has an Andre Igoudala ceiling but i'm seeing more along the lines of a one dimensional guy like O.J. Mayo who will be solid but won't get a whole lot better over the course of his career.

Perhaps though as you say say player over 2 years ; 2 years is hardly a period in which one can comment on the development of a players game. The same is true of most if not all players.

His rebounds per game increased from 2.9 to 3.8. No Gwall type numbers but I personally think he has been a little soft in getting into the paint to pick up long rebounds. 3.8 is pretty average for a guy playing minutes at the 3. Assists per game increased from 1 (under 1 actually) to nearly 2 but then he is supposed to be slash scorer.

His minutes per game average only actually increased from 20 + to 35 + so he didnt actually double his minutes.

I have no concerns about his defence at all. I thought he played D at the 2 & 3 position effectively most games I watched. Some inexperience but D is learned and a mentality most players on this team need to improve upon. I cannot remember a single game in which his main opposition "went off and scored 40+ against the Raptors". He was very solid if unspectacular. He has great lateral foot speed and great recovery speed to challenge the shot.

His FG % actually declined a couple of points but this FT % improved about 10% over season 1 and this is critical.. He is getting to the line more than any other player on the Raptors i.e. getting the most calls to the line per minute played.

So after 2 years I would argue he is not exactly the same player but he is remarkably unchanged. He appears to be more of what he was the first year and I am willing to bet he will be more of that again in the coming season.

The onlything I cant really decide is whether he is a 3 (where he plays a lot of minutes) or perhaps should be a dedicated pure 2. I think there is a very good arguement to be had in that debate.

Last edited by Jballer : 06-07-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #25
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Perhaps though as you say say player over 2 years ; 2 years is hardly a period in which one can comment on the development of a players game. The same is true of most if not all players

Of course i'm just making an educated guess here based on the type of game he has... But in the words of the great Charles Barkley.. "I may be wrong... but I doubt it." He'll never be in a better situation than he was in last year and on a team with more talent he'd be borderline starter quality if at all. Especially at a stacked position like the 2/3 where you either have to be great offensively, great defensively, or both, but you can't be neither. And he's neither.

Quote:
His rebounds per game increased from 2.9 to 3.8. No Gwall type numbers but I personally think he has been a little soft in getting into the paint to pick up long rebounds. 3.8 is pretty average for a guy playing minutes at the 3. Assists per game increased from 1 (under 1 actually) to nearly 2 but then he is supposed to be slash scorer.
His RPG increasing 0.8 actually doesn't matter considering he plays 13 more minutes than last year. His RP48 actually decreased from 6.4/game to 5.3/game.

Quote:
His minutes per game average only actually increased from 20 + to 35 + so he didnt actually double his minutes.

Ok so it's not LITERALLY double, but it's still like 60-70% more minutes than he received last year. It is a big jump going from a guy getting 20 mins to getting minutes in the mid 30s. It's basically going from a role player to a main cog.

I
Quote:
have no concerns about his defence at all.

Then you obviously weren't paying much attention. He was getting absolutely torched off the dribble. And he wasn't getting up on shooters like he should. It's like he didn't know how to guard each specific guy and his effort was down right deplorable at times.

Quote:
His FG % actually declined a couple of points but this FT % improved about 10% over season 1 and this is critical.. He is getting to the line more than any other player on the Raptors i.e. getting the most calls to the line per minute played.

yes, that was one thing he improved, his ability to get to the line, i'll give him that. Although his TS% also went down (which also includes FT%) from 55.4% to 53%.

Quote:
So after 2 years I would argue he is not exactly the same player but he is remarkably unchanged. He appears to be more of what he was the first year and I am willing to bet he will be more of that again in the coming season.
I'm confused, so are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

And another successful troll by lilbeastani. Clearly no one was overrating DeRozan in this thread, simply posting an interesting clip of his summer league play that of course is no reflection on how he will perform next year. Most of the thread was actually a discussion of Beasely.

Seriously, we as a forum need to just ignore his posts and everything will be fine. His clear sole purpose for posting is to derail topics.

On-topic, I remain skeptically optimistic about DeRozan. He and Davis won't be the face of the franchise if we want to win titles, but they surely can start for us if we have a star point and star big and as young, controllable pieces with upside they obviously are the only assets on this team I'd hesitate to part with.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #27
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

You obviously have a fuzzy definition of what "trolling" is. Trolling is what most of you guys do to my threads. Where I open a thread about our draft pick for instance and then you guys ignore what i've set out in front of you and start talking about how much you hate Bargnani. I on the other hand came in here to read what was posted and give my opinions on it, which I have, on-topic. If it derails a conversation to have someone who thinks on an opposing side to you, then you came to the wrong place.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

So creating threads where the entire point is to diss a mod is not trolling? Neither is coming into a positive thread (one of a few on this board) and accusing people of overrating DeRozan just because they said he played well in a summer league game?

Alright that's all the food your getting from me today.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
A genuine comment would be to actually respond to what I said and give reasons why you either agree or disagree with it, not to follow the crowd like a trained chimp and jump in on turning it into something totally different.

Well then I disagree with what you said about DeRozan. However, I agree that what you originally said portrays the game of Andrea Bargnani perfectly. With all do respect.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #30
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Of course i'm just making an educated guess here based on the type of game he has... But in the words of the great Charles Barkley.. "I may be wrong... but I doubt it." He'll never be in a better situation than he was in last year and on a team with more talent he'd be borderline starter quality if at all. Especially at a stacked position like the 2/3 where you either have to be great offensively, great defensively, or both, but you can't be neither. And he's neither.

His RPG increasing 0.8 actually doesn't matter considering he plays 13 more minutes than last year. His RP48 actually decreased from 6.4/game to 5.3/game.

Ok so it's not LITERALLY double, but it's still like 60-70% more minutes than he received last year. It is a big jump going from a guy getting 20 mins to getting minutes in the mid 30s. It's basically going from a role player to a main cog.

I
Then you obviously weren't paying much attention. He was getting absolutely torched off the dribble. And he wasn't getting up on shooters like he should. It's like he didn't know how to guard each specific guy and his effort was down right deplorable at times.

yes, that was one thing he improved, his ability to get to the line, i'll give him that. Although his TS% also went down (which also includes FT%) from 55.4% to 53%.

I'm confused, so are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

LOL @ this fool criticizing another player's rebounding and defense not improving. What about your idol? His rebounding and defense got worse this year. He added nothing to his game. At least DeMar showed a post game and more consistent shooting this year. DeMar's playing ball while Bargs is sitting on his fat ass eating his Primo pasta.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: