Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #451
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Battlefield 3

is the beta different from the final copy graphic wise?
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #452
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
^I believe the pc has the best graphics and the biggest team sizes. I have it on the 360 and love it.

Once you go Battlefield you never go back......well for me at least.

oh yea... somewhat of a difference imo... not only graphics... but gameplay to...

you have no idea how much difference 64 players makes (and bigger maps! consoles have smaller maps if u didnt know)... total havoc, the game is to big for only 24 players... unless you play a mini-map and deathmatch mode or something a la Call of Duty.....

get a good PC, set BF3 on Ultra settings, get a joystick, gaming mouse & mousepad, find a 64 player 1000-2000 ticket server on Conquest Large mode (hell there are some special custom servers with 128 players!)..... then you will really see why this is the best FPS multiplayer in years...

still major fun on console tho.... but i can see why some random guy would prefer MW3 over BF3 on a console... not me tho, i think MW3 is bad... its more like a MW2 expansion rather than a new game, been there done that... to small of a game and to arcade/brainless game for my taste

Last edited by pauk : 01-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #453
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pauk you have it for xbox? I just want to know if the graphics improved from the beta version because it was so bad.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #454
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
what do you play it on console or pc if so what console? how's the graphics? I notice pv has the best for bf3. the beta stopped me from buying it I hated the beta.

I have it on PC.

The real game is different from the beta as there are almost no glitches and the maps/playing style is different. If you're not sure you want to buy it, you could just rent the game for the console and try it out first.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #455
Draz
Like a Baoss.

=( I just came across something after doing sooo much research on this game. There's a HD texture pack out. For XBOX I can't download it because it requires a Hard drive of 250GB or more, and you can't use a USB. **** man!! whatever, it seems like it's built for PC. I was SOOO close to buying this, maybe if I somehow get a PS3 I'll get it for that where I can download the texture pack, I'm trying to get rid of this stupid MW3 which is to easy.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #456
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
=( I just came across something after doing sooo much research on this game. There's a HD texture pack out. For XBOX I can't download it because it requires a Hard drive of 250GB or more, and you can't use a USB. **** man!! whatever, it seems like it's built for PC. I was SOOO close to buying this, maybe if I somehow get a PS3 I'll get it for that where I can download the texture pack, I'm trying to get rid of this stupid MW3 which is to easy.

You don't need a 250GB or higher hard drive. I have a 20GB one. The texture pack requires about 2GB of space only. I checked ahead of time before I purchased because I have only so much space on the puny 20GB hard drive. So you're safe to get it. How much spare space do you have on your hard drive.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 01-10-2012 at 09:15 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #457
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I doubt I can buy a 20 gb I have the slim s model.. and I don't think it'll work for people without hdds :/
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #458
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I doubt I can buy a 20 gb I have the slim s model.. and I don't think it'll work for people without hdds :/

I see. So you're saying you have the basic slim that comes with a 4GB hard drive? That will always be a problem for you then.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #459
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

this game is ruining my final year at university
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #460
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
oh yea... somewhat of a difference imo... not only graphics... but gameplay to...

you have no idea how much difference 64 players makes (and bigger maps! consoles have smaller maps if u didnt know)... total havoc, the game is to big for only 24 players... unless you play a mini-map and deathmatch mode or something a la Call of Duty.....

get a good PC, set BF3 on Ultra settings, get a joystick, gaming mouse & mousepad, find a 64 player 1000-2000 ticket server on Conquest Large mode (hell there are some special custom servers with 128 players!)..... then you will really see why this is the best FPS multiplayer in years...

still major fun on console tho.... but i can see why some random guy would prefer MW3 over BF3 on a console... not me tho, i think MW3 is bad... its more like a MW2 expansion rather than a new game, been there done that... to small of a game and to arcade/brainless game for my taste

The metro map with 64 players are a bomb... total chaos.
frantly, its all i play.
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #461
Brujo
Father give me legs

Brujo is considered somewhat coolBrujo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladers
frantly, its all i play.

Damn ive been playing conquest on that map on the 360 and its crazy as hell.I cant imagine it with 64 players.
Brujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #462
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I took your advice and tried running Battlefield 3 on my PC and it didn't work. Every 1 second that shit froze and unfroze lol wtf. Damm.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #463
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Check out this awesome chase scene made using basic editing skills and Battlefield 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JWvesdBfOnQ
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #464
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
Check out this awesome chase scene made using basic editing skills and Battlefield 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JWvesdBfOnQ

cool vid!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #465
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladers
frantly, its all i play.

metro yea lol!

after playing all other maps, experiencing the freedom of the huge open world maps, relaxing as a sniper in a picknick in a forest in middle of nowhere, nearest battle being 2000 m away... i was shocked playing it the first time... i took my sniper rifle as usual with 12x scope lol, expecting to go ahead and do some chilling and longrange sniping and sing "im dancing in the rain lalalal"..... spawned up and was like HOLY ****, no space whatsoever, no freedom, no time to catch breath, its freakin crazy...

both teams usually can just take 2 flags each on your way to the middle of the subway and then you are just stuck in the middle, at that escalator... because... thats where 64 players finally meet with nowhere to go, except forward or back, lol... from there its just bullets, explosions, bodies flying everywhere and everybody running around screaming "MEDIC!"...

its like the opening scene of freakin Saving Private Ryan Omaha Beach

Last edited by pauk : 01-15-2012 at 10:33 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: