Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
illmaticone
I hit open layups

illmaticone has not been impressing people
Default Who's supporting cast was worse: Iverson's in '01 or Lebron's in '07?

As the title suggests. I've had this debate with many of my friends, just wondering what you guys though.
illmaticone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who's supporting cast was worse: Iverson's in '01 or Lebron's in '07?

Lebron's. And yes, its not close.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Who's supporting cast was worse: Iverson's in '01 or Lebron's in '07?

Iverson had better role players, problem was nobody else could score except for McKie. Lebron had scorers but not as efficient role players. I'd say wash but I think the teams were suited for their leaders
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

im sorry lebrons takes the cake.

aging big z
starting pf drew gooden. yeh that drew gooden
sf lebron james
sg sasha pavlovic.
pg daniel gibson rookie.

at least iverson had dikembe mutombo to be a defensive stopper.

drew gooden could only play with his retarded offense that would work once every 5 games. unluckily for the cavs, the series only went to 4 games.

however 09-10 cavs would've destroyed that spurs team.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
im sorry lebrons takes the cake.

aging big z
starting pf drew gooden. yeh that drew gooden
sf lebron james
sg sasha pavlovic.
pg daniel gibson rookie.

at least iverson had dikembe mutombo to be a defensive stopper.

drew gooden could only play with his retarded offense that would work once every 5 games. unluckily for the cavs, the series only went to 4 games.

however 09-10 cavs would've destroyed that spurs team.

OK this takes it, I had my teams mixed up.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
ThaSwagg3r

If you look at the 2006-2007 NBA Season, the East was absolutely pathetic. LeBron's supporting cast was much worse. Iverson at least got to play with the 6th man of the year and the DPOY.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
Semi
Great young streetballer

Semi has decent reputationSemi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
If you look at the 2006-2007 NBA Season, the East was absolutely pathetic. LeBron's supporting cast was much worse. Iverson at least got to play with the 6th man of the year and the DPOY.
Is this true? So the Sixers had the MVP, 6th man and DPOY in one year?!?
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Iverson's team in '01 would've put up a good fight against the Spurs in '07. Perhaps could've beaten them via their perimeter D. The '01 Lakers in the playoffs were just ridiculous.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi

And Coach of the Year.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #10
ThaSwagg3r

Quote:
Aaron McKie was their 6th man, Dikembe Mutombo was their DPOY, and Larry Brown was their COY.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 AM   #11
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

That Sixers team was a good 2nd option scorer/shooter away from being a great team.

You put a guy like Peja on that team and they would have been nasty.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #12
Semi
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Aaron McKie was their 6th man, Dikembe Mutombo was their DPOY, and Larry Brown was their COY.
That's just ridiculous! Come on, that is besides most improved and the rookie award every important award in the NBA for the regular season! weren't there any other candidates? I mean, it's a little unbalanced. I think for MVP, there was Shaq who could've gotton it but I think it was because the David vs Goliath with Iverson and him.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #13
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool

Bogus_Sting has decent reputation

Quote:
That's just ridiculous! Come on, that is besides most improved and the rookie award every important award in the NBA for the regular season! weren't there any other candidates? I mean, it's a little unbalanced. I think for MVP, there was Shaq who could've gotton it but I think it was because the David vs Goliath with Iverson and him.

Don't downplay how good that Sixers team was.

Sixers had a great year. All awards deserving. Despite how the series ended up, Sixers were a couple missed free throws away from being 2-0 on the Lakers on the road. Snow broke his foot and Shaq was too much in the end.

2002 they underachieved badly.
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #14
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both had great defensive/rebounding casts around them, but were limited offensively in terms of both a second scoring option and shooters. Iverson had more help defensively and on the boards, but Lebron had better shooters around him, however iverson had better playmakers/creators with him and a better coach.

Iverson's cast was better, but Iverson also had more big games during that run. Different players, though, but I feel that type of cast was the best kind for a guy like Iverson except he could have used some better shooting around him, while I don't think Lebron is as tough to build around.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #15
Semi
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
Don't downplay how good that Sixers team was.

Sixers had a great year. All awards deserving. Despite how the series ended up, Sixers were a couple missed free throws away from being 2-0 on the Lakers on the road. Snow broke his foot and Shaq was too much in the end.

2002 they underachieved badly.

Man I didn't watch the NBA back then. Game 2 was close also? Man, this would've been an epic upset!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: