Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 AM   #16
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

I like it. Warriors finally get a defender, and get rid of the small backcourt.

76ers get a guy who can score, and isn't on a godawful contract. Hopefully by the time Ellis' deal is done they can transition Evan Turner to the starting 2 guard role.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #17
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Monta is worth more than Iggy. We want something else thrown in the package for depth. I want Meeks or Speights in the deal.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #18
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

I hope Iggy will play for one of the contender team. Dude's will be a great 3rd wheel and a role player in a contending team. He'll just waste his time playing for GSW

Last edited by dbugz : 06-07-2011 at 03:06 AM.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gs shud ask for more
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #20
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Meh.. Sixers need more scoring but there defense takes a hit// Turner has shown he can be a pretty good defender but not in Iggy's class..GS gets a little more versitile but they are still probably not even a Playoff team..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #21
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Magic and Mavericks would be a good fit for Iggy.

He wasted so many years in Philly as the 1st option and it's time for him to be a 3rd/2nd fiddle in a contending team.

I hope Mavs will drop Butler and make a run to sign/trad Iggy! Mavs will have a very good wing defender now which they're missing so badly this Finals.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #22
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

C: Marc Gasol
PF: David Lee
SF: Andre Iguodala
SG: Shane Battier
PG: Stephen Curry

would be...
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #23
Da Heroic One
Banned

Da Heroic One has an OK reputation so far

Warriors get raped in this deal.
Da Heroic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #24
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Great trade for Philly. I think Monta is worth more than just Iggy in my opinion.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #25
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iggy not worth Monta Ellis? You dudes smoke crack. Overvalue Monta Ellis much?

I guess Sixers couldnt get a quality big man for Iggy. Not that the league has plenty but I figured someone would bite. Then again maybe the big men that could have been had werent worth it? Like Al Jefferson? I dunno. I mean if Sixers tell me we tried to aquire a big man and struck out? Then I can live with Monta Ellis because he provides a go to scorer this team sorely lacks.

But Jrue/Monta backcourt I hope and pray we find someone who can protect the paint. Then I guess Turner plays the role of Iguodala. Not a bad trade.

Iggy for Kaman only works for a salary dump trade. Sixers value Iggy far more than to do that. I understand the arguments why you want to dump salary but the Sixers get nothing back in return when Kaman is a free agent this time next year. You clear payroll for what? Unless you're telling me a key FA in 2012 will sign here. Otherwise, doesnt make the team better. LAC would have to add a draft pick. And I dont think Sixers value Aminu that much considering we have Thaddeus Young.

Lou Williams, Marreese Speights might be next to go. No point having Lou with Monta here. Jrue Holiday, Monta Ellis, Jodie Meeks and filler guard. Lou deserves minutes and wouldnt get much here behind Jrue and Monta who will play atleast 30mins. Then you factor in having to get Jodie Meeks action as your best 3pt sniper. Lou is odd man out and could help another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.

Memo to you, Lou Williams is a bench player, a 6th man so to speak. He provides a key role off the bench like many 6th men do. Which is to score. You talk like he is a starting SG getting 35mpg. He's getting anywhere from 22-25mpg to give instant offense. And has helped the Sixers have the best scoring bench in the NBA. Yea pretty much useless otherwise
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
Bertz
I brick open layups

Bertz has an OK reputation so far

I think it's a very good trade for both sides.

Philly gets the scorer they need, Golden State gets a lot tougher.
Bertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #28
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty decent trade for Philly.

Ellis is a much needed backcourt upgrade for them. The kid can score and doesn't need any help, which seems to be a good fit for Philly since that is something they are sorely lacking in. Iguodala hasn't been delivering for them anyway.

For GS it's a little more tricky. I'm not sold on Curry as a first option, and they already were awfully thin on the perimeter. Maybe Iguodala fits really well with where Jackson wants to take the team or something. I'm thinking if this trade goes down they'll probably get Meeks or Williams as a throw in to make it worth it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #29
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #30
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
"Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....

Why would the Knicks want to do that when they can get either Howard or Paul next summer?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: