Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe
Prince can only play SF.

At SF, Miami has James for 40 minutes per game, and they have Mike Miller at SF on the bench.

Prince has no place.

Not really.

I could see him at the 2. Good ballhandler, long enough hassle quicker players on defense. If Chicago could find a way to squeeze him in, it could be interesting. But ideally, yes, he'd play SF. However, he is not limited to that. People put too much stock to positional restrictions. The game is moving away from that.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
coin24
NBA rookie of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles)

Wonder who will pick up Tmac, a lot of teams could do with a decent pg and he was playing really well for most of the season..
Probably better than half the starting pg's in the league at least...

I doubt Prince would go to the heat, already has his ring etc so Id say he will sign with the highest bidder. Would be stupid not to. I dont see the heat signing any major standout players, most of the decent players avail will want more than they have to offer IMO. Kenyon Martin would be an awesome pickup but id say there will be better offers for him out there...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
coin24
NBA rookie of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

^^ Speaking of Chicago, I think they need to sign JR Smith. Someone that can get hot and provide some offence when they stagnate...
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #19
Bertz
I brick open layups

Bertz has an OK reputation so far

You can't say much about the upcoming off-season.

But if anything, the Heat will use at least a portion of their salary to sign a centre, like Dalembert for example.

Last edited by Bertz : 06-07-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Bertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
^^ Speaking of Chicago, I think they need to sign JR Smith. Someone that can get hot and provide some offence when they stagnate...

meh.. i dont want JR Smith.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
kidachi

YES. But he's not really needed there..
Old 06-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
coin24
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
meh.. i dont want JR Smith.

Hes a bit of an idiot, but what better free agent sg's are there??
Bogans really doesnt cut it...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #23
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
Theres never too much money

ding ding ding
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bulls need Rudy Fernandez.

I think both Deng and Prince can play the 2 if need be.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #25
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24r2
Go to LA

They have Artest and Barnes in LA unless Prince can back up say Kobe?
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Warriors should pick him up.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #27
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I think that'd be great for Tayshaun. I appreciate everything he's done for the Detroit during his time here and Los Angeles seems like a real nice fit for him. It'd make me like that Clippers team even more.

I've always been a Prince fan. I loved watching the 02-05 ish Pistons. Such great great squads. I think people here are selling him short. He just turned in one of his best seasons when he was 30 years old (just turned 31). He's got another 3-4 good years at least. His playstyle is a more defensive minded Kevin Durant. Meaning on offense he spends most of his time outside of the post. He's not going to be injury prone. He's one of the NBA's few players who had 6 straight 82 game seasons (last season played 78).

His defense, unselfishness and ability to knock down 3's and finish the fastbreak= perfect for Clippers needs. We don't need another 20 ppg scorer who wants 20 shots a game. We need a 3rd/4th option (to go with Mo Williams) who is just a threat, ready to knock down shots. With Eric Gordon and Blake drawing so many double teams it would be a very easy job for a veteran SF.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Bulls need Rudy Fernandez.

I think both Deng and Prince can play the 2 if need be.

is he any better than Ronnie Brewer?

OJ Mayo or Jason Richardson would be nice.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #29
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if im Pat Riley im not spending ANYTHING on a wing player unless its for the league min. and im only interested in big men and PGs.

the Heat are already set at the wing positions with Wade and LeBron both getting around 40 minutes a night and Mike Miller and James Jones backing them up.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #30
Haymaker
Great college starter

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Boston!
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: