Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
Nastradamus
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,990
Default Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Barea can't hang, Roddy is longer and more athletic. Could be a spark. Any thoughts?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
Semi
Great young streetballer
 
Semi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wuerzburg, Germany
Posts: 552
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

I would trust in Barea, the way he played the whole playoffs he deserves it. He has gotten them this far so now we have to live and die with him. I'm not a fan of messing with the chemestry during a series or the playoffs, especially the finals.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Not yet.

If the Mavs get down 3-1. Yep....bring him in and let him do whatever he wants.

But not yet. We have a chance to tie this thing up 2-2 and make it a 3 game series.

Don't do anything crazy. The one adjustment we need to make is that Peja needs to be benched and Brewer needs to play his minutes.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
Semi
Great young streetballer
 
Semi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wuerzburg, Germany
Posts: 552
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Yeah, I also think you could bring in Brewer, but I also think Carlise trusts his rotation. Or trusted. He thoght in one game, Peja would just go off like he did in the previous series. And I can live with his bad defense as long as he's not guarding Lebron for more than one possesion, if he can hit a few threes and put us on a run!
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kurosawa0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,687
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quite simply, Jason Terry has to play better. It's not about the other guys. Barea, Marion, Stevenson etc. are playing pretty much within what they are. It's Terry that has to step up and be Dallas' true second option. Without that, Dallas isn't going to win.

No one says this because Dallas is the popular team, but they almost don't deserve to be in this series right now. They should be down 0-3. Dallas has trailed by double digits in all three games and has been horrible with turnovers. It's going to take more than just getting a different guy off the bench to give them a lift.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
FourthTenor
Banned
 
FourthTenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,842
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

I think its an interesting proposition and I might consider trying it, especially given the Heat's susceptibility on defense at the guard position.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
Semi
Great young streetballer
 
Semi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wuerzburg, Germany
Posts: 552
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Quite simply, Jason Terry has to play better. It's not about the other guys. Barea, Marion, Stevenson etc. are playing pretty much within what they are. It's Terry that has to step up and be Dallas' true second option. Without that, Dallas isn't going to win.

No one says this because Dallas is the popular team, but they almost don't deserve to be in this series right now. They should be down 0-3. Dallas has trailed by double digits in all three games and has been horrible with turnovers. It's going to take more than just getting a different guy off the bench to give them a lift.

You are a idiot? Who deserves it more to be in this series? No series Dallas has played in this far was "close", in terms of going to 7. They sweeped the defending champs and OKC was just to inexpierinced to win. They are the best team in the west, and if you don't think they deserve it than tell me one team that does deserve it.

Btw, Game 1 was close till the fourth, where we were outplayed. Game 2 we were outplayed the whole Game but came back in the fourth with an epic and deserved comeback. And game 3, come on man, you don't think Dallas has all the momentum in OT when Dirk hits that shot and has a chance to win the game and be up 2-1? Or even better, like you said, Terry steps up and hits this open 3 pointer and we win the game! I also think Miami is better at this point, but they are not outplayed that big like you said. We still have a shot and it isn't just on Terrys shoulders, because if you watched the whole Playoffs you would know that Dallas is about their whole supporting cast and not just one guy. Everybody except Dirk and Marion have played under their possibilitys.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #8
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kurosawa0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,687
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi
You are a idiot? Who deserves it more to be in this series? No series Dallas has played in this far was "close", in terms of going to 7. They sweeped the defending champs and OKC was just to inexpierinced to win. They are the best team in the west, and if you don't think they deserve it than tell me one team that does deserve it.

Btw, Game 1 was close till the fourth, where we were outplayed. Game 2 we were outplayed the whole Game but came back in the fourth with an epic and deserved comeback. And game 3, come on man, you don't think Dallas has all the momentum in OT when Dirk hits that shot and has a chance to win the game and be up 2-1? Or even better, like you said, Terry steps up and hits this open 3 pointer and we win the game! I also think Miami is better at this point, but they are not outplayed that big like you said. We still have a shot and it isn't just on Terrys shoulders, because if you watched the whole Playoffs you would know that Dallas is about their whole supporting cast and not just one guy. Everybody except Dirk and Marion have played under their possibilitys.

They've been down double digits in all three games. They're lucky to have won game 2 and not be down 0-3 right now. It's not about character, but play. Dallas barely deserves to be in this series with how they've played.

If you're happy with what they've done then you'll be happy with Miami wins the series.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Quite simply, Jason Terry has to play better. It's not about the other guys. Barea, Marion, Stevenson etc. are playing pretty much within what they are. It's Terry that has to step up and be Dallas' true second option. Without that, Dallas isn't going to win.

No one says this because Dallas is the popular team, but they almost don't deserve to be in this series right now. They should be down 0-3. Dallas has trailed by double digits in all three games and has been horrible with turnovers. It's going to take more than just getting a different guy off the bench to give them a lift.

Barea is not playing at a level that is acceptable right now either. Barea is shooting 21% and scoring 4 ppg. And he's been a huge liability on defense. He has not played up to his standards at all.

Terry hasn't been a true 2nd option all playoffs this year and hasn't been that since 06. I don't see how he can become that in this series playing against Wade and Lebron.

Terry is now and always has been very inconsistent. He's simply not capable of being a true 2nd option. Its funny how many people have these misconceptions about Terry.

Over the last 5 years in the playoffs he's basically putting up 16 points 2 boards 3 assists on 40% shooting while playing poor defense.

Thats what he does.

And don't get me started on Peja. He's a been a joke and probably won't play again the rest of the series.

This Mavs team does not have a reliable 2nd option. We get it done by committee. Unfortunately, that committee is playing worse in this series than they have all year.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 06-07-2011 at 04:23 AM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 AM   #10
Semi
Great young streetballer
 
Semi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wuerzburg, Germany
Posts: 552
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
They've been down double digits in all three games. They're lucky to have won game 2 and not be down 0-3 right now. It's not about character, but play. Dallas barely deserves to be in this series with how they've played.

If you're happy with what they've done then you'll be happy with Miami wins the series.

Please just read my whole posts. I'm not happy and I think if they keep this up they will lose the series. But the series could as well be 2-1 for Dallas. And of course it could be 3-0 for Miami. That's what it's like if games are close. You just look into one direction.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 AM   #11
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,375
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Barea looked good swirling around those slower Laker bigs, but against OKC and Miami he's been held in check. Doesn't hurt to explore another option.

I would like Dallas to throw Brewer out there as well to help out Marion.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 10,234
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

N-O...NO


period




we are sticking with squad that got us here...we are just down 2-1 and games have been really close...no need to make calls like that
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 AM   #13
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
N-O...NO


period




we are sticking with squad that got us here...we are just down 2-1 and games have been really close...no need to make calls like that

Yep.

We better not do anything drastic in game 4. If we get down 3-1 I'm cool with changing up anything and everything.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #14
Semi
Great young streetballer
 
Semi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wuerzburg, Germany
Posts: 552
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

We won't get down 3-1!!!!!!
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #15
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH
 
JGXEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,424
Default Re: Would you give Roddy Beabois any minutes?

Umm.. I've always been wondering about Beaubois. Is he THAT good like what Cuban claims him to be?
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy