Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Help me decide between these 3 RPG's

Dragon Age 2
Fable 3
Fallout New Vegas.

The tricky part is that Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins and Fable 1-2 are pretty much my top 5 games list ever (after Mass Effect). So style of game doesn't sway me. I want the all around best experience. Glitches don't bug me really (New Vegas). What I care about is the game that sucks you in the most, has a lot of options and has great interactions.

Which game should I get first? If you've played or own all 3 please give me a couple pros and cons for each. Try to be unbiased for my benefit please.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Help me decide between these 3 RPG's

I've only played Fallout NV. I can tell you it was worth paying for and it was pretty fun.

But like in most RPG's, once everything is sort of discovered, you sort of lose interest in it. DLC will keep it fun but I think it's a game best made for the PC.

You can always replay it too.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
I've only played Fallout NV. I can tell you it was worth paying for and it was pretty fun.

But like in most RPG's, once everything is sort of discovered, you sort of lose interest in it. DLC will keep it fun but I think it's a game best made for the PC.

You can always replay it too.

Fallout 3 was definitely more replayable than Mass Effect, Dragon Age and the Fable games. Mainly because SO damn much content that I knew I had missed a gazillion side quests (lol Gazillion didn't spellcheck me).

Btw I have an update. I may get Dragon Age 2 and Fable in a trade today. Trading a small package of games for Fable and a super nice pair of Raybans I never wear for Dragon Age. Cross my fingers. I'll try to come up with something to trade for Vegas too but nobody seems to want to let the game go. Lucky for me Fable and DA2 seems more hit and miss.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked New Vegas a lot and that would be my choice.

I haven't played Fable 3 though but don't plan to anyways. The reviews make it seem like a very dumbed-down RPG with a frustrating interface.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Fallout 3 was definitely more replayable than Mass Effect, Dragon Age and the Fable games. Mainly because SO damn much content that I knew I had missed a gazillion side quests (lol Gazillion didn't spellcheck me).

Btw I have an update. I may get Dragon Age 2 and Fable in a trade today. Trading a small package of games for Fable and a super nice pair of Raybans I never wear for Dragon Age. Cross my fingers. I'll try to come up with something to trade for Vegas too but nobody seems to want to let the game go. Lucky for me Fable and DA2 seems more hit and miss.

Gamestop has New Vegas new for $20.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Gamestop has New Vegas new for $20.

Woah... it's already dropped down to 20??? That's insane considering how popular it is.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I liked New Vegas a lot and that would be my choice.

I haven't played Fable 3 though but don't plan to anyways. The reviews make it seem like a very dumbed-down RPG with a frustrating interface.

I'm a WRPG guy. Fable, Mass Effect, Fallout and Dragon age make up my favorite game series. Fable 3 and DA2 have been criticized a lot but IGN and all other major grading gaming sites have given both at LEAST a 7.5 and an 8+ most of the time. So it's worth a shot considering I'm not buying but rather trading games I never play anymore.

After the feedback I got from you I was gunning for New Vegas the most but it seems it's so popular nobody is trading it. On Craigslist.. only games people are trying to give me are Fable 3 and DA2. Haven't gotten a single person tell me they will trade me New Vegas.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 06-07-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Fuck all three of those. Blue Dragon reigns supreme; Tales of Vesperia a close second.

Japanese RPGs > Western RPGs
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

ChandlerParsons has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Dragon Age 2
Fable 3
Fallout New Vegas.

The tricky part is that Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins and Fable 1-2 are pretty much my top 5 games list ever (after Mass Effect). So style of game doesn't sway me. I want the all around best experience. Glitches don't bug me really (New Vegas). What I care about is the game that sucks you in the most, has a lot of options and has great interactions.

Which game should I get first? If you've played or own all 3 please give me a couple pros and cons for each. Try to be unbiased for my benefit please.
Mass Effect is not a real RPG.
Well. I am sorry, it is however, the most traditional RPG in here is of course Fallout New Vegas. Mass Effect is not the most traditional, and it is pretty linear. Fable 3 is also not the most traditional RPG, and also pretty linear. I only played FONV and Fable 3, however, I have tried Mass Effect 2 at a friends house. I like Fallout better
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Fuck all three of those. Blue Dragon reigns supreme; Tales of Vesperia a close second.

Japanese RPGs > Western RPGs

I'm a big JRPG fan too but Dragon Age Origins is one of the greatest RPG since like KOTOR. Bioware kills it always.

I say get Dragon Age 2 and Fallout NV. Both worse than their predecessors but still great
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #11
SpanishACB
High School Varsity 6th Man

SpanishACB has no real reputation yet.

Dragon Age 2

You will never look back.

If you're going to play the PC version make sure to get the DLCs. And make sure to check the different modding sites, there's some mods that make the game much more interesting, like the one that removes limitations in the job system and in the weapons the different jobs can equip.
SpanishACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerParsons
Mass Effect is not a real RPG.
Well. I am sorry, it is however, the most traditional RPG in here is of course Fallout New Vegas. Mass Effect is not the most traditional, and it is pretty linear. Fable 3 is also not the most traditional RPG, and also pretty linear. I only played FONV and Fable 3, however, I have tried Mass Effect 2 at a friends house. I like Fallout better

You apparently have never heard of Western RPG. You're actually wrong though. JRPG is FAR more linear and WRPG is more open. Fallout is a WRPG. WRPG's have far more control over a story and different outcomes traditionally. Compare any Bioware or Bethesda RPG in recent years to the recent Final Fantasy games if you want an example.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I'm a big JRPG fan too but Dragon Age Origins is one of the greatest RPG since like KOTOR. Bioware kills it always.

I say get Dragon Age 2 and Fallout NV. Both worse than their predecessors but still great

Thanks. Honestly I think WRPG's are clearly taking over, primarily Bioware and Bethesda studios. I think the new age of gaming does not favor the more beautiful presentation but linear, set story lines of JRPG. People want control.. they want interaction.. they want consequences. Mass Effect 3 is going to set an RPG bar just like the first did.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

So Clippers did u end up getting New Vegas? What will you play first?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

ChandlerParsons has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You apparently have never heard of Western RPG. You're actually wrong though. JRPG is FAR more linear and WRPG is more open. Fallout is a WRPG. WRPG's have far more control over a story and different outcomes traditionally. Compare any Bioware or Bethesda RPG in recent years to the recent Final Fantasy games if you want an example.
Yes, out of the 3 you said, the only really non-linear is FONV.
ME2 and Fable 3 are linear.

I guess you can say you keep looking at things like FF13 which was a disaster. Well not really, but you know what I mean.
But back in the day, JRPG were so much better.
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: