Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #31
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,318
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

He should smoke some weed. Clear that shit up in 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpL9...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfk-...eature=related

Last edited by Scoooter : 06-07-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life
 
Kellogs4toniee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Where do you base him having superior bbal knowledge exactly? Because he is a former player that was apart of the team you celebrated/praised? He rarely speaks publicly for anyone to have an idea what he knows. Its just an assumption former player = so much knowledge.

It's all assumptions of course, but I think its' safe to say his basketball knowledge is better than 99.99% of the population.

A couple things:

1. Ever since he picked one up, basketball has been his life, both recreation ally and professionally. That's a-lot of knowledge to soak in from 30+ years of coaching, training, studying, tape-watching, experience, errors, etc.

2. Even with a serious knee injury fairly early in his career, he re-established himself as a better defender and jump shooter to pro-long his career to 15+ years. That screams a maturity and understanding mentally and physically that usually correlates to high IQ.

3. He was coached by Phil Jackson, and played a career along-side NBA all-time greats such as Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq. More importantly, he was able to hang and adapt with them on the court.

Countdown to typical condescending and disdainful reply by Gobb. T-minus 5..4..3..2...
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
It's all assumptions of course, but I think its' safe to say his basketball knowledge is better than 99.99% of the population.

A couple things:

1. Ever since he picked one up, basketball has been his life, both recreation ally and professionally. That's a-lot of knowledge to soak in from 30+ years of coaching, training, studying, tape-watching, experience, errors, etc.

2. Even with a serious knee injury fairly early in his career, he re-established himself as a better defender and jump shooter to pro-long his career to 15+ years. That screams a maturity and understanding mentally and physically that usually correlates to high IQ.

3. He was coached by Phil Jackson, and played a career along-side NBA all-time greats such as Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq. More importantly, he was able to hang and adapt with them on the court.

Countdown to typical condescending and disdainful reply by Gobb. T-minus 5..4..3..2...

All I asked. Felt like one of those Bulls homer posts.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #34
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I couldnt, I dont have superior knowledge on the game.

You clearly missed the point. As if I was stuttering like Ron Harper in my post.
You're proving my point. Harper knows more about hoops than the average fan.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
You're proving my point. Harper knows more about hoops than the average fan.

Based on your assumption which is fine.

You criticize teams moves, players decisions as a fan. And you will often call them stupid, retarded, dumb. Yet they know more about the game and the business involving the NBA than you do. Go figure how that works out. I cant hear you anymore. You sit dumbfounded.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #36
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,873
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Give him a break. Sometimes people have speech problems. No reason to be douches about it.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #37
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,871
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

I'm happy to see I'm not the only person that appreciates what he has to say enough to look beyond his stuttering.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #38
zay_24
Local High School Star
 
zay_24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,523
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Yup i gotta stutterin problem too, not insecure about it tho.
Its just there=\
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,411
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Bob Love almost didn't get drafted because of his speaking problem.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #40
cbombdotcom
I airball my layups
 
cbombdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 75
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

I thought a lot of hoops fans knew of Harp's speech impediment. It actually no doubt helped propel him to NBA stardom. He was made fun of as a kid, but all the laughing stopped when he schooled people on the court. I feel that determination to silence any tormentors helped fuel him throughout his early hoops career. The guy does know the game, though. That's not even up for debate.
cbombdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #41
DCL
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,893
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

it's a medical condition, and if thats his handicap, that sucks. i admit i kinda cringed a little, but i couldn't laugh at him because i kinda just felt sorry for that handicap. but nonetheless it didn't bother me. he didn't sound retarded with his ideas. he just had a problem expressing them in fluent manner. he's got courage to even do the damn interview in the first place.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #42
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Based on your assumption which is fine.

You criticize teams moves, players decisions as a fan. And you will often call them stupid, retarded, dumb. Yet they know more about the game and the business involving the NBA than you do. Go figure how that works out. I cant hear you anymore. You sit dumbfounded.
Good night.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #43
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,971
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
I'm sure Harper knows he has a stuttering problem. If he's like a lot of people with the same issue, he's had to deal with it most of his life and has likely come to accept it.

For me personally, I'd be more upset if I was declined an interview because of the stutter (if I was an expert on the subject like Harper was), than I would be upset about people ridiculing me for the interview itself.

Agreed. I was expecting to laugh at the video, but it wasn't funny. If you actually pay attention to what Ron Harper is saying, it's obvious he's well-knowledged about today's NBA.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

People have overcome stuttering problems. I wonder why Ron Harper hasnt? Someone should ask him about that next time he is interviewed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #45
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,030
Default Re: ron harper on ESPN stuttering like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
People have overcome stuttering problems. I wonder why Ron Harper hasnt? Someone should ask him about that next time he is interviewed.
His stuttering problem was once much worse. He may have had a bad speaking day.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy