Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: New Orleans Hornets - An Underdog Story || 2k11 Association

In the first week of NBA action, Kemba Walker(Toronto) and Russell Westbrook(Oklahoma) captured Player of the Week awards.

Walker averaged 22 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals this week.

"Man I'm just getting into the NBA routine and am really happy with capturing the Player of the Week. All I can say is, hope there are more to come."

Westbrook averaged 31 points and 6 assists.

"I'm just doing my thing. Me and Kevin [Durant] both had amazing nights, and I'm truly honored."

For the record, Durant had 29 points and 12 rebounds.

@CP3-Damn, two point guards won player of the week? Looks like I've gotta step my game up against Memphis.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #17
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Will probably bring another game to you tomorrow, MAYBE tonight if I'm in the mood. Assuredly one on Friday. I'll make an article after the Memphis game, then seeing as its LA on that weeks thursday, and oklahoma on the next weeks monday, I'll do one after the oklahoma game.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #18
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I like him. His release will take me abit to fully get used to, but it is what it is.
But why did the warriors trade him!?!?!?!?!?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #19
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
But why did the warriors trade him!?!?!?!?!?
I dont remember the trade I actually did to get him.

No game tonight. I hurt my groin and I know that effects nothing at all video-game wise but it really makes me feel lazy. And I'll play the Lakers game tomorrow then write an article thing after.

I had a good article idea, but I lost it. And I'm going to add a different perspective alongside @CP3 and @NOHFan.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #20
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Wink Re: New Orleans Hornets - An Underdog Story || 2k11 Association

Anthony West is an independent blogger who is a big fan of point guards, and controversy. He has no favorite team.

A new Season
Anthony West

No, I didn't die. Anthony is back for his 4th season as a NBA blogger. Before I get into my awards predictions, I'd like to throw out a few brief points.

The fact the Raptors slipped to the 4th spot in the draft and still got the best player is lucky for them. A franchise point guard is something the Raptors have always dreamed about. I won't go further on the topic because it has already been beaten to death.

Also, congratulations to the Spurs for winning another NBA title. They have been the best franchise since 2000(sorry Laker fans!). I'm kind of saddened that my favorite big man of all time Tim Duncan didn't win another Finals MVP, but Manu did play great.

Speaking of favorite big man, Shaq retired, alongside Jason Kidd. I'm shocked Kidd retired, although I don't blame Shaq for leaving. This guy was done when he got traded to Phoenix. I see Kidd coming back as a coach, because he has a basketball mind that makes a good coach. Also, if you haven't heard, Derrick Fisher is retiring at the end of this season. Good riddance.

Now lets get to awards predictions. I won't break down who will be on the first or second teams or anything, just the basic awards.

MVP-Close race. I think Blake Griffin might be able to, barring injuries. Kevin Durant is also up there, and you can never rule out last years MVP, Derrick Rose. LeBron is always in discussion as well. My dark horse is Yao Ming, but my choice for winner is LeBron James.

ROY-Kemba Walker. This guy is more NBA ready than any other player, and has a team where he can essentially get high stats, and thats all that really matters in the rookie race. Also, I don't think any rookie will see as much minutes.

DPoY-Dwight Howard. Another award that is entirely statistically based, and Dwight gets defensive stats like no other. Well, there is Kevin Love, my dark horse.

6MoY-For some reason, JJ Hickson won this last year. Why Cleveland didn't start him is a mystery to me! Anyways, this is the most vague choice of them all. Nate Robinson is my dark horse, but I see Some Random Player winning it.

MIP-How people predict this is beyond me. I say it will be Dorrell Wright because this brand new Hornets squad has him getting lots of easy shots, and plays set for him on the offense. He only had 10 points and 5 rebounds a game last year. Maybe Landry Fields, if he starts to get more minutes.

So there you have it. I'll do another one at the All Star break. My first "article" per-se will be posted very soon. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #21
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you suck!
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Vincent604
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Vincent604 has an OK reputation so far

CP3!!!! woooooooooo
Vincent604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #23
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
you suck!
Thanks!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I did this last year, althought I didnt post any TWITTER $HIT or anything..
I just posted the Transaction and How I Pulled off the trades and shit.

But GREAT JOB MANIAK!

But you know though, you can get an all-star lineup if you trade players around.
Right Now, Im with the RAPTORS and I ended up with Rondo,Odom, and Dirk.
Although, I had to sacrifice my favorite scorer T-mac.. Dont ask how I got him.. In my first year, everyone was a giver.. so I needed a scorer.
BTW, FORCE TRADE IS OFF.

Right now im on my 4th season...
im gonna list up my roster later or tommorow :)
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I did this last year, althought I didnt post any TWITTER $HIT or anything..
I just posted the Transaction and How I Pulled off the trades and shit.

But GREAT JOB MANIAK!

But you know though, you can get an all-star lineup if you trade players around.
Right Now, Im with the RAPTORS and I ended up with Rondo,Odom, and Dirk.
Although, I had to sacrifice my favorite scorer T-mac.. Dont ask how I got him.. In my first year, everyone was a giver.. so I needed a scorer.
BTW, FORCE TRADE IS OFF.

Right now im on my 4th season...
im gonna list up my roster later or tommorow :)
Cool.

I can easily create a super team on association, but its too easy. This team is good, but beatable. The only reason I win relatively easily is because I go on a scoring run in the second every game

Sorry for not updating this, I've been burnt out on 2k11 a wee bit and wanted to shoot some people on CoD. Maybe a game or two done this week, depending on how my studying for finals goes n stuff.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #26
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Alright. Next game, then studying, then probably nothing until post-finals.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

@NOHFan: Lucky enough to come to the game in memphis! so pumped!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

@NOHFan: First play and Rip gets an and1! Lets go boys!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #29
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

@NOHFan: Tied 21-21 end of first. We're on a big run, and its been all the bench, starters struggling.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

How to beat the Hornets

...Still nobody knows. A 70-68 score in favor of the Hornets beating the Grizzlies to keep them on a winning streak doesn't tell the story.

The Grizzlies started out making the Hornets look like a D-League team. Their defense was flawless, they controlled the rebounds, and forced bad turnovers. Yet the quarter ended tied. The hornets outscored the Grizzlies 18-14 in the second quarter and 17-14 in the third quarter.

"We stuck in there and never gave up. If a player wasn't doing well, we had some guy off the bench to fill that spot. If you didn't watch the game and only look at the statsheet, you'd wonder how we won." -Richard Hamilton

So how did the Hornets win? First off, Hamilton had golden defense. He held OJ Mayo to 5-13 from the field and 1-5 from three. Another reason they won was Chris Paul. From the opening of the game he looked different. He ended up with 26 points, 5 assists, and 4 steals on amazing 10 of 15 shooting from the field.

"I knew I had to pick my game up a bit. I didn't struggle or anything early on, but I know I had more to put on the table, and tonight I showed that. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and stay humble." - Chris Paul

Lets head to the statsheet for the teams. The Grizzlies dominated the rebounds with 37 compared to the Hornets 19. Okafor only had 4 and Landry only had 1. This is something the Hornets might need to focus on in practice if they don't want it to hurt them in the long run.

Now to player specific stats. Rudy Gay led the Grizzlies with 17 points and three steals, and Gasol chipped in with 14 points and 5 rebuonds. Mayo was still able to accumulate 15 points despite his poor shooting. Darrell Arthur had 10 rebounds.

Richard Hamilton had 17 points and only missed 2 shots. Dorell Wright shot poorly(3-10 from the field, 1-5 from 3), but still added 7 points and a team high 6 rebounds. Rookie Bismack Biyombo did nicely off the bench and got 5 points and 2 rebounds in just 7 minutes. Compared the the 20 minutes Landry had where he only attributed 4 points and a rebound. We might see some minute changes if Landry keeps up his quiet play.

"Bismack has been impressing me. We're really happy that he is able to do so much with so little time that he has off the bench. I hope he can keep it up." -Monty Williams

Nate Robinson shot a poor 2-7 from the field. Looking at these stats really puts into question how the Hornets pulled it off.

It also puts into question if they'll have it in them when they face the Lakers on Thursday.

Until then, thanks for reading.

@CP3: Phew, big win! Headed home tomorrow then in a few days we will host the Lakers. Bring your best, cause im bringin mine.

If you have any "in character questions" you want to ask, I plan on conducting an "interview" with Chris Paul. Can be related to the team, him, etc. Thanks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: