Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #1276
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Game 4 Thread: Miami Heat Vs Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Dallas, barring a ridiculous trade or signing, probably won't be in serious contention next year. I expect half of their bench to be gone. Chandler's going to get near max money, Barea will probably sign elsewhere, Peja will be gone, etc.

It depends on what happens with so many of these guys.

We might be better off if we don't sign butler/stevenson/barea.

I do agree that this team needs a legit 2nd guy though.

If you have Chandler and Dirk and a legit 2nd guy you definitely have enough to make a run if healthy.

Our bench would have Haywood and Terry and Marion. Jones and Brewer could be solid role players as well.

A big thing will be what Roddy does next year. If he becomes a legit 30 minutes a game player it could transform our team over night.

I do think we could fill out a pretty good roster if we find a way to get some type of free agent help.

I'm hoping Kidd retires and we get his 9 million a year off the books.

But most likely its now or never with this team.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #1277
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So basically Lebron scores 8 and we can't criticize because they have Spolestra. Great analysis.

Well Spo did make Bron play PG which took him away from scoring and being agresssive. When he facilitates he is more passive.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #1278
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Well Spo did make Bron play PG which took him away from scoring and being agresssive. When he facilitates he is more passive.

guess Spo made him repeatedly pass to Haslem and Chalmers with 5 seconds on the shot clock.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #1279
icewill36
Local High School Star

icewill36 has decent reputation

wade choked
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #1280
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dallas, barring a ridiculous trade or signing, probably won't be in serious contention next year. I expect half of their bench to be gone. Chandler's going to get near max money, Barea will probably sign elsewhere, Peja will be gone, etc.
All true, but I'm assuming that they will get Butler back... And, with Dirk playing the way he has this season, that team will still be one to be reckoned with.

Butler would make a HUGE difference in this series, especially defensively.

Dallas will be in contention out West.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #1281
Bogus_Sting
Old School Cool

Bogus_Sting has decent reputation

Quote:

What if Dallas sign Iverson? If I was Cuban I would be on the phone to his agent telling him to get his ass to training camp.
Bogus_Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #1282
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
All true, but I'm assuming that they will get Butler back... And, with Dirk playing the way he has this season, that team will still be one to be reckoned with.

Butler would make a HUGE difference in this series, especially defensively.

Dallas will be in contention out West.

Butler had a pretty serious knee injury. I don't think he'll be the same. Obviously that remains to be seen though.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #1283
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
What if Dallas sign Iverson? If I was Cuban I would be on the phone to his agent telling him to get his ass to training camp.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: