Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #31
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sounds like Iverson will make his Nuggets Debut Vs Suns

Quote:
"I talked to Allen and he's ecstatic," Nuggets vice president of player personal Rex Chapman said in a press conference on Tuesday evening. "We hope to have him here tomorrow. Allen has proven that he's a winner."

Some requirements for physicals and reporting have been waived, according to the Nuggets, in order to get Iverson in a Denver uniform as soon as possible.

Anthony and Iverson are currently the top two scorers in the league at 31.6 and 31.2 points per game, respectively. No two teammates have ever finished a season with both having averages over 30 points per game. Only twice have teammates finished 1-2 in the league scoring race, and the last time that happened was with the Nuggets. In the 1982-83 season, Alex English and Kiki Vandeweghe were 1-2. The 1954-55 Warriors had Neil Johnston at No. 1 and Paul Arizin at 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #32
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

It just said they hope to "have him." He wont start. He will probably play 20 min unless he gets on fire.

That is all just a hunch because I have no precedent for this
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #33
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Denver's smart; they don't want to lose any ground in the West.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #34
okpimpin1082
Can barely lace up my sneakers

okpimpin1082 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Denver's smart; they don't want to lose any ground in the West.

Yup I don't think they wanna play for next season.......
okpimpin1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #35
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

of course he will fricken start. he's not coming off an injury he's healthy and ready to go.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #36
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Man, this is awesome. Good luck to AI, one of my favorite players.
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #37
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Actually i take it back. With so many of their players out, he will start/
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #38
memrs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

memrs has an OK reputation so far
Default Dueling Iverson News Conferences

Watch them both here:

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1
memrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #39
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
It just said they hope to "have him." He wont start. He will probably play 20 min unless he gets on fire.

That is all just a hunch because I have no precedent for this

Who else do they have? their roster is very limited right now. Even If he was coming off an injury If he can play he will start and likely play 35-40 minutes because there is no one else to play his spot.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #40
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation
Default How good are the Nuggets now?

Where do you rank them in the west?
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #41
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I hope they trade Kenyon for SAR, and JR Smith for Marbury, then Nene for Ray Allen so they can have all top 5 picks of the 96 draft....Or would they go full throttle and trade Carmelo for Antoine Walker just to prove a point????? And bring back Kerry Kittles. That would be something.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #42
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I'd rank them anywhere between 4-6. If they click really well, they can be as good as the 3 powerhouses in the West (Suns, Mavs, Spurs).
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #43
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

On paper I think up there with anybody, but who knows until you see them all together. Their record is skewed due to earlier injuries, and the fact that Melo is about to miss 14 more games (maybe). But come playoff time, I wouldn't want to play them.

AI
Melo
JR
Nene
Camby
just for starters, plus a whole lotta talented energy guys on the bench, and a proven coach? I'd say top 4
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #44
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
Actually i take it back. With so many of their players out, he will start/
If all of the players were available, who would have started over Iverson? That's stupid.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #45
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

I love the Nuggets roster. They're top 4. Anywhere with the Spurs, Mavs, Suns. The west is tough!
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: