Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
ImmortalD24
Banned

ImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Win or lose, LeBron James is already a champion

Yahoo Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8618401

Quote:
Win or lose, LeBron James is already a champion
By Daniel Barber, Yahoo! Contributor Network 3 hours, 10 minutes ago

The Miami Heat lost Game 5 of the 2011 NBA Finals 112-103 to the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday, June 9 at the American Airlines Center in Texas and to those who hate LeBron James(notes) it was vindication in their mind that all of their hate for the man was justified.

It wasn't, and isn't.

Those who hate James and the Heat will take away from many of my articles I'm nothing but a James apologist. They'll come away with the sense I've made excuse after excuse for LeBron simply because I'm some blind fan of his who thinks he's a basketball god.

I'm anything but an apologist for James, and certainly don't consider him to be a god of any kind.

The fact of the matter is, my favorite player on the Heat is and always will be Dwyane Wade(notes). Yet, I've gained an immense amount of respect for James throughout this season, and especially throughout these 2011 NBA Playoffs; not only because of the way he's played at times (being the absolute best player on the planet in the Eastern Conference Finals for instance), but also because of how he's handled all the hate leveled at him.

His detractors and haters will look at LeBron's performances in the 2011 NBA Finals—especially Game 4—and contend everything they've said about him is completely and utterly true. That he's a quitter. That he's a failure. That he's a loser. That he's an arrogant punk.
All of their words are nothing but tripe.

In truth, LeBron has shown over and over again that despite how much everyone tries to paint him as something he isn't, he's a champion at heart. James is a humble man willing to praise his opponents even as they snidely call him an "actor" for doing only what they themselves do to an even greater degree even when they're unjustified in doing so; complain about horrific calls and non-calls.

LeBron is a calm individual devoid of arrogance as he stoically handles villainous sports media talking heads who want to paint him as the villain at every turn. James is a team-first player who does whatever it takes to help his teammates succeed, while every pundit on the planet it seems vilifies him for "shrinking" and "disappearing" in crunch-time.

LeBron is a champion who won't ever make excuses, even when they're justified.

You won't hear James ever say a bad word about officials in a press conference after a game. You didn't hear him say one word about the refereeing after a Game 4 loss, and you certainly didn't hear a peep about the officials after Game 5. Yet, the truth remains that the referees had far more to do with LeBron not dominating either game than anything the Mavericks did defensively.

Sure, Dallas is taking advantage of the officials calling these past three games so blatantly one-sided. Absolutely they finally hit their shots in Game 5—many of them such mind-boggling prayers you have to wonder if God himself is getting in on the act as well—but the referees literally allowing the Mavericks to foul James with impunity while almost never being whistled for a foul has taken him out of his game.
His response to such outrageousness? He's blamed himself. He's held himself accountable.

In truth, he should be standing up at those post-game press conferences and demanding the U.S. Congress investigate David Stern and the referees and throw them in prison for their clear attempt to rob him of his greatest moment.

Yet, that will never happen.

LeBron knows only too well that is a path he can never go down. He knows he can only put his head down and humbly try and fight through the hatred, vilification and blatantly unfair bias by the officials and hope he can hit enough shots somehow over the next two games to overcome it all and claim his rightful prize, the 2011 NBA title.

James knows even then his haters will write scathing diatribes about how he only won it with the help of Wade; and he really couldn't care less about such idiocy. His only goal has and always will be to win championships. He wants to do what every basketball player in the NBA desires; to be a champion.

To me, win or lose these 2011 NBA Finals, LeBron James is already a champion.
Game On!
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Win or lose, LeBron James is already a champion

I am not reading that based on the title. LeBron is playing at an unnacceptable level and if they lose he deserves all the hate he is gonna get. He better step his damn game up
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Horrible read.
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I am not reading that based on the title. LeBron is playing at an unnacceptable level and if they lose he deserves all the hate he is gonna get. He better step his damn game up

Blame Spo before you blame Bron. You Bron haters are ridiculous.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
Blame Spo before you blame Bron. You Bron haters are ridiculous.

You serious? You must not know me. I love LeBron and probably one of his biggest fans. But this series has really shown who he really is. He is playing terrible and cant handle the moment. It sucks for me to say that, but you just have to admit it. I did.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron gets shit for things he did not do. People act like he's a bad human being when he plays poorly. HOWEVER he has done nothing in this playoffs to earn the accolades people want to give him of champion, clutch, etc. You have the stans, who are insane (HES A CHAMP ANYWAY! HE SCORED NOTHING BUT HES MR. INTANGIBLE) and the haters (HE RUINED THE LEAGUE! HES A CHEATER!)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ROFL
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
The Decision
Banned

The Decision has not been impressing people

So Bruce Blitz real name is Daniel Barber?
The Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you kidding me? We hate on Lebron because he acts like he is God's gift to basketball, and literally prances around trying to showboat on and off the court.

I was embarrassed as I read this article. Whoever wrote it is a complete moron.
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S

CLE[216] has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure LeBron will be very excited to hear this news.
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
Hiei
Local High School Star

Hiei has decent reputation

"James is a humble man willing to praise his opponents even as they snidely call him an "actor" for doing only what they themselves do to an even greater degree even when they're unjustified in doing so; complain about horrific calls and non-calls."

Ok...

Quote:
Very strong character work here, Dwyane Wade(notes) and LeBron James(notes). Your hilarious pre-Game 5 send-up of an ailing Dirk Nowitzki(notes) definitely shows that you've spent some time getting the mannerisms and mindset of a sick 7-foot German down pat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp4730
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
Are you kidding me? We hate on Lebron because he acts like he is God's gift to basketball, and literally prances around trying to showboat on and off the court.

So does Jason "JET" Terry. When he scores 17 he had a excellent game. Bron puts up 17-10-10 OH MY GOSH HE IS THE ONLY REASON THEY LOST
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
So does Jason "JET" Terry. When he scores 17 he had a excellent game. Bron puts up 17-10-10 OH MY GOSH HE IS THE ONLY REASON THEY LOST

Jason Terry is not on par with one of the greatest basketball players on earth and back to back MVPs.

Come on man you can post better than that.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Jason Terry is not on par with one of the greatest basketball players on earth and back to back MVPs.

Come on man you can post better than that.

No he can't.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: