Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Is Jerry Reinsdorf finally ready to pay the tax?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...#ixzz1Ot8ojfIP
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Jerry Reinsdorf finally ready to pay the tax?

how dare you make me click on the link and not have it here.

good article though.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I'm lazy mayn. I think they need to pony up and trade for Iggy.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I'm lazy mayn. I think they need to pony up and trade for Iggy.
It'll cost us either Deng, Boozer(god willing) or Noah. that's the only contracts that size.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
It'll cost us either Deng, Boozer(god willing) or Noah. that's the only contracts that size.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3bbwqml
add our 2 draft picks, or the bobcats pick.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3bbwqml
add our 2 draft picks, or the bobcats pick.
Personally...I don't feel comfortable having no back up for Deng in case he gets injured.

Korver's there, and that's about it.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Trading deng for iggy is a lateral move at best. We need to keep our core.

Regardless, we don't know what the new cba is going be like. Im hearing its gonna be drasitically lower. With a hard cap. I think reinsdorf os banking on this and isn't really epserious about spending big money to win a championship.

Its most frustrating cuz the bulls fans have made reinsdorf alot of money. And have supported the bull loyally through thick and thin. Its an insult to us that he's allowed the bulls to be as bad as they were for so long. We deserve a championship contender on the floor. We need iggy in a trade that doesn't involve anyone from rose all the way down to asik. Including korver too.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Rose
Moon Wizard

I think we need Iggy more than Deng. Iggy's the same defensively. and is a much better passer, and ball handler which is what I think we need more than anything, especially one who can create his own shot which Iggy can.

Of course this is all moot since I really doubt we trade Deng for Iggy.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Deng has been our most reliable guy all year maynnn. We can't just trade him for Iggy. Deng wreaks havoc hwen defenses choose to ignore him, and I feel like Iggy does the same. If we get this guy, we're right up there with any team in the league. Personally, I dont care if Deng goes down in the regular season and we have to play Korver a ton during that period. As long as everyone is good to go by the playoffs we're golden. I don't care much for our regular season depth anymore. weeeow I'm wasted as shit.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I think we need Iggy more than Deng. Iggy's the same defensively. and is a much better passer, and ball handler which is what I think we need more than anything, especially one who can create his own shot which Iggy can.

Of course this is all moot since I really doubt we trade Deng for Iggy.

Deng is better at scoring all around than Iggy, up to and including creating his own shot. The last thing this team needs is to trade away for more defense and more unselfishness on offense. Unselfishness is good, but this team needs another guy to step up and score in addition to Rose,Deng,Booz, they do not need to trade one away.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Deng is better at scoring all around than Iggy, up to and including creating his own shot. The last thing this team needs is to trade away for more defense and more unselfishness on offense. Unselfishness is good, but this team needs another guy to step up and score in addition to Rose,Deng,Booz, they do not need to trade one away.
Someone apparently does not watch Iggy outside of this years playoffs.

And Deng can't create his own shot, really. Iggy can do that.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Trading deng for iggy is a lateral move at best. We need to keep our core.

Regardless, we don't know what the new cba is going be like. Im hearing its gonna be drasitically lower. With a hard cap. I think reinsdorf os banking on this and isn't really epserious about spending big money to win a championship.

Its most frustrating cuz the bulls fans have made reinsdorf alot of money. And have supported the bull loyally through thick and thin. Its an insult to us that he's allowed the bulls to be as bad as they were for so long. We deserve a championship contender on the floor. We need iggy in a trade that doesn't involve anyone from rose all the way down to asik. Including korver too.

Really good post, I agree esp about keeping the core but Im not sure they can REALISTICALLY acquire a legit SG without givng up somebody unless ofcourse they can really convince a good free agent to come cheap.
I don't mind J Rich or Jamal Crawford but they have their own negs plus I don't think they'll accept the MLE.
Having said that, if you ask me, Im willing to give up Asik and/or Brewer plus picks for a lock down defender who can nail perimeter shots like Arron Aflallo.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 AM   #13
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Really good post, I agree esp about keeping the core but Im not sure they can REALISTICALLY acquire a legit SG without givng up somebody unless ofcourse they can really convince a good free agent to come cheap.
I don't mind J Rich or Jamal Crawford but they have their own negs plus I don't think they'll accept the MLE.
Having said that, if you ask me, Im willing to give up Asik and/or Brewer plus picks for a lock down defender who can nail perimeter shots like Arron Aflallo.
Afflalo's not what we need. He can play defense and hit shots, as well as an occasional drive or two a game. We got that from Bogans vs the Heat though, and that didn't help. We need a guy who can give our offense more creativity and life.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Afflalo's not what we need. He can play defense and hit shots, as well as an occasional drive or two a game. We got that from Bogans vs the Heat though, and that didn't help. We need a guy who can give our offense more creativity and life.

Bogans shot 30% from the 3pt area vs the Heat, overall he shot under UNDER 35% and he averaged 5 pts/game in the playoffs.
I really think Arron would be a huge upgrade over Keith esp when he gets more open shots bec of Rose.
If Bogans was such a lock down defender and an effective shooter, then Thibs would have played him more than 19 minutes/game.
Iggi can definitely help the Bulls bec he can create his own shots but he has a very big/expensive contract and I don't think its wise to give up Deng just to acquire him.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Reinsdorf is ready to do whatever he needs to do in order to keep Derrick Rose happy (give him a max contract and get a high quality cast around him to contend year in and year out). Period.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: