Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 AM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default The New NFL Top 5

1. Chargers - Best all-around team in the league. My only concern is that Rivers doesn't hit "The Wall" in the postseason.

2. Ravens - The best team no one few people have talked about this year. Actually, they have been 1 solid QB from greatness for the past couple of several seasons

3. Colts - Freeney was a beast last night

4. Bears - Their defense is probably their biggest weakness right now. Especially considering all the injuries. There's a reason that they are keeping Tank Johnson.

5. Patriots (Even though they beat the Bears, other factors are considered)
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:38 AM   #2
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I take the Cowboys ahead of the Pats. Cowboys had one bad game vs the Saints, those things happen. Like the Pats getting shutout.

But they are probably going to win 11 games, and Romo has only played a bit over half the season.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

I am still very mad my boi TO got raped from the Hawiie trip even though I am a Eagles fan still will always support TO, and say this is total BS.

And people could hate TO, but Brady also got snubed if I read right? WTF?
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I am still very mad my boi TO got raped from the Hawiie trip even though I am a Eagles fan still will always support TO, and say this is total BS.

From a statistical standpoint, he just go. If it weren't for Bledsoe blackballing him out of the offense earlier in the season, he'd be headed to Hawaii.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
From a statistical standpoint, he just go. If it weren't for Bledsoe blackballing him out of the offense earlier in the season, he'd be headed to Hawaii.

TO apologist
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

I'm glad T.O. didn't make the Pro-Bowl. The less attention on him the better and hopefully it motivates him to step up his game even more.

My top 5:

1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Bears
4. Colts
5. Patriots
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One

He isnt going because the coaches and players were against it. His stats are irrelevant, his actions are.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I take the Cowboys ahead of the Pats. Cowboys had one bad game vs the Saints, those things happen. Like the Pats getting shutout.

But they are probably going to win 11 games, and Romo has only played a bit over half the season.
Like the Patriots couldn't win 11 games in the NFC? They're already going to do that in the AFC, which is a much tougher conference.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

1. Chargers. El f#@king Tee
2. Bears. Their defense is possessed. If offense is struggling, they can make plays on special teams or defense will give them good field position.
3. Ravens. Steve McNair being hurt drops them a spot.
4. Cowboys. Could fill in New York or Saints in this spot, but 'boys record gets them the nod. Saints made me a believer, but I don't see them as a top 5.
5. Colts. Consensus top 5. But their run defense is so horrible you have to overcompensate basically in every other aspect to even stand a chance. I see no Godly way they win the Super Bowl.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cowboys at 4? Funny
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Cowboys' record gets them the nod. Yet the Saints have the same record, and a better conference record. Now I'm not saying necessarily the Saints are top 5. But they should be in there before the Cowboys. To be honest, the Bears are probably the only NFC team in any top 5.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

The Saints get the edge because of their w over the Cowboys. No knock against Payton and the Saints, but Bill got out of his game plan and tried to show up his protege by airing the ball out. Should've stuck to smash mouth football.

And the Saints 'd was servicable. They're banged up now. You saw what Ladell Betts did to them Sunday. He looked like Clinton Portis out there.

Two of the 'boys conference losses came at the hands, or should I say because of the feet, of Drew Bledsoe.

So I stand by my 4 slot choice.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

It's cool. You're a Boys fan and I'm a Saints fan. Unfortunately two of the Saints losses came at the hands of Brees. Interceptions for touchdowns.

I'll be the first to admit the Saints defense is serviceable. Losing their only decent player against the run until the playoffs hurts. Not that their run defense is that great with Thomas, but it is better than that. And the Skins offensive line just took over that game.

Maybe Bill did get out of the gameplan. But the Saints did expose the Cowboys pass defense. And also showed the Boys O line isn't all that good.

I'll still take the Saints before the Boys.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
PrinceOthaPalace
I hit open layups

PrinceOthaPalace has an OK reputation so far
My top 5

1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Bengals
TheColts suck now
PrinceOthaPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
boceltballa
I hit open layups

boceltballa has an OK reputation so far

SI.com got it right...

1. Chargers
2. Bears
3. Ravens
4. Colts
5. Patriots

I fully agree with these rankings. I know the AFC is much a tougher conference but Chicago is still winning, maybe not pretty but a win is a win. Bears deserve the number 2 right now. I think Chargers' QB Rivers will hit "The Wall" and if he doesn't I'll be the first to admit us Rivers doubters were wrong. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Chargers play during the playoffs. I'd like to see Rivers do well as long as it isn't against the Patriots. I don't know about Ravens' QB Boller is going to be. Just a few thoughts...
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: