Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the knicks 2 guard tryout frontrunner: bonzi wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I've always had a problem with the Knicks summer league rosters.It's like they have their draft picks and a bunch of other guys to fil lthe roster.At the end of the day,these guys are hungry to make the league.The ball is in our court. There should be no guy on the team who you dont think can make an impact on our team.I don't believe in drafting or working out guys to be bench warmers.If they become that so be it but at least be able to articulate why you thought they'd be otherwise.

That being said,are you guys still agaisnt my idea of bringing in Sebastian Telfair? We need a solid backup pg.He didnt even do bad when he started.He would be cheap,motivated (because this could very well be his last contract if he isnt),and rejuventated (he's finally playing for a decent team AND he's coming home to NY).He's married now and seems to have his head on str8. The ppl I know that know him say they dont see him in the typical crowds he used to be in.
As long as he isn't starting...ever.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That being said,are you guys still agaisnt my idea of bringing in Sebastian Telfair? We need a solid backup pg.He didnt even do bad when he started.He would be cheap,motivated (because this could very well be his last contract if he isnt),and rejuventated (he's finally playing for a decent team AND he's coming home to NY).He's married now and seems to have his head on str8. The ppl I know that know him say they dont see him in the typical crowds he used to be in.

It depends on how much he thinks hes worth.

I'll take him for the Veterans minimum since there aren't many backup options out there. But I guess it'll depend on what we do in 2 weeks.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:20 AM   #18
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

our biggest need right now is a center, No way we will dominate next season if we put out the same team we had last year. Another team in a similar position to us is the miami heat, would you try to outbid them on a center if it came down to it eating up all our cap space in the process on one player or get the next best thing, knowing that the next best thing is far from making us legit?

I think dalembert might be decent rebounder for us, but i cant picture him worth anything more than the mle, Just 2 or 3 years ago, he was pictured as a scrub and no one wanted him cus of that large contract. Now with team in need of a center and him being the only decent thing left to choose from with the younger ones being restricted, hes going to cash in big. what other choice do the knicks have?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
As long as he isn't starting...ever.
What if he EARNS a starting job?

Guys what about Kwame Brown?Now when people think of him,they automatically frown because he was a bust as a #1 pick of the draft. However,we dont need him to play like the #1 pick.End of the day,he's a legit 6'11 and he's around 265-270.He got just under 7 rpg.Im not saying he's great but I think he's worth a look.

N can we please give Earl Barron a damn job?I mean not only did he get 11 and 11 for us but he's about as cheap as you can get as far as competent options.We could essentially get him AND still get someone like Dalembert.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:08 AM   #20
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I don't mind the look. Desperate for shooting guard depth, Bonzi was a scorer in this league and according to reports, we liked him during his workout with us. I mean come on, he can't be any worst then Billy Walker...
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
I don't mind the look. Desperate for shooting guard depth, Bonzi was a scorer in this league and according to reports, we liked him during his workout with us. I mean come on, he can't be any worst then Billy Walker...
Maybe he couldn't be worse than Walker, but he wouldn't be my choice.

But if he can show worth in the training camp invites, then I may be swayed.

We have to basically have homeruns in this offseason, no room for error.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #22
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
But who will make offensive fouls if Billy doesn't play ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #23
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

isntead of scouting SGs they should look for some bigmen....
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We worked out Rick Jackson.We must be considering moving into the 2nd round.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #25
percolator
I brick open layups

percolator has decent reputation

I always liked Bonzi, but his skillset seems wasted when we already have 2 efficient low block scorers. He's not a good outside shooter
percolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

It was a free agent camp, not just a SG try-out. The goal was to figure out who to invite to training camp.

Teams across the league hold these type of camps all the time.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #27
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What if he EARNS a starting job?

Guys what about Kwame Brown?Now when people think of him,they automatically frown because he was a bust as a #1 pick of the draft. However,we dont need him to play like the #1 pick.End of the day,he's a legit 6'11 and he's around 265-270.He got just under 7 rpg.Im not saying he's great but I think he's worth a look.

N can we please give Earl Barron a damn job?I mean not only did he get 11 and 11 for us but he's about as cheap as you can get as far as competent options.We could essentially get him AND still get someone like Dalembert.

i don't won't to see that dumb **** in a knicks uniform i rather start jeffries

i think we should just sign a few big guys for the minimum like kwame,barron,nazr...
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #28
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
i don't won't to see that dumb **** in a knicks uniform i rather start jeffries

i think we should just sign a few big guys for the minimum like kwame,barron,nazr...
No. Just no.

That dude fumbled away our season.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: