Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Default List Of Players Jumpshot that needs to be corrected (WISHLIST for 2k11)

Thread I created before in 2kSports forum.. I just updated it earlier.

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279433

Feel free to suggest !
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Default Re: List Of Players Jumpshot that needs to be corrected (WISHLIST for 2k11)

Bargnani
Haslem
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Rondo
Boozer (slightly)
Dirk
Jason Terry
Stephen Curry
B Roy
Wesley Matthews

If you want me to go into detail I can

I forgot to add Kyle Korver too. They have him squaring up in his animation which makes it take too long. In real life Kyle Korver has a very quick release and only needs the slightest bit of space to get off a good shot. That's how it is since he's a shooter.

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad : 06-14-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Re: List Of Players Jumpshot that needs to be corrected (WISHLIST for 2k11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Bargnani
Haslem
Kobe
KG
Ray Allen
Rondo
Boozer (slightly)
Dirk
Jason Terry
Stephen Curry
B Roy
Wesley Matthews

If you want me to go into detail I can

Go into detail about B Roy and Wes Matthews. I use Portland and agree that their jumpshots compared to the real players is off. They seem to be much more streaky in the game.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

hey Rad...
also talk a little bit about Kobe.
I have used the Lakers alot of times but Kobe is a player that I cannot shoot consistent with. Why does he throw up so many bricks in that game?
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

^this guy lets Shannon Brown be his scoring leader consistently. WTF!? I've played him...underutilizes Kobe.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
^this guy lets Shannon Brown be his scoring leader consistently. WTF!? I've played him...underutilizes Kobe.

yeah think how much worse I would have beat you if I played my starters against you
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
ace23

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nba-2k12.html
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
yeah think how much worse I would have beat you if I played my starters against you
Ps3?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Go into detail about B Roy and Wes Matthews. I use Portland and agree that their jumpshots compared to the real players is off. They seem to be much more streaky in the game.

Well I have no problem using Roy's in the game. As far as the form, it's just off. His release form is a little off.

Wes Matthews is totally off. In real life he has a very quick release. It's like he flicks the ball when he shoots. But he has the fling release in the game. It's very slow and gets blocked easily which is a real problem for a guy like Wes Matthews who is a shooter and comes off of screens. I changed it to the Textbook release in my Blazers association. It's not really how his real life release is but it's just much better than Fling.

Quote:
hey Rad...
also talk a little bit about Kobe.
I have used the Lakers alot of times but Kobe is a player that I cannot shoot consistent with. Why does he throw up so many bricks in that game?

Well Kobe's is off because it's so static. He leans back too far and he doesn't kick his legs out like that all of the time in real life. The problem with Kobe in the game is that they don't have multiple releases for him like he has in real life. His pull up jumper is different than his spot up jumper. Normally, when he spots up his body is straight up. When he pulls up, that's when he leans back slightly to get more space for his jumper, but not to the extent to which the game does it. I can shoot with him in the game. You just have to know how to use Kobe. He's very effective from mid range and can pull up very well. He is also very good in the post. Isolate him on the low right block and he'll be almost unstoppable.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Well Kobe's is off because it's so static. He leans back too far and he doesn't kick his legs out like that all of the time in real life. The problem with Kobe in the game is that they don't have multiple releases for him like he has in real life. His pull up jumper is different than his spot up jumper. Normally, when he spots up his body is straight up. When he pulls up, that's when he leans back slightly to get more space for his jumper, but not to the extent to which the game does it. I can shoot with him in the game. You just have to know how to use Kobe. He's very effective from mid range and can pull up very well. He is also very good in the post. Isolate him on the low right block and he'll be almost unstoppable.

yeah I have noticed that he is great from mid range. But alot of times I will get in too close and end up throwing up a brick on a really simple shot.
Bugs me.

I'll have to see about using him more in the post. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Ps3?

X-BOX
Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
yeah I have noticed that he is great from mid range. But alot of times I will get in too close and end up throwing up a brick on a really simple shot.
Bugs me.

I'll have to see about using him more in the post. Thanks

Yeah you have to know how to get him in his spots. But the good thing is he can create for himself. Get the defender on their toes and then you can pull up or fadeaway of the dribble and it'll be money most of the time. Also because he has 99 consistency he'll get hot quickly.

And if you want an easy post up play for him, try the "32 Post". He gets great position every time and you can either fadeaway or hit him with the baseline spin and get to the basket for a dunk. Usually the defense won't be in the paint because of how the play is designed
Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Honestly, Steve Nash's form looks nice but nothing like his form in real life.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

chris paul
manu gino
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: