Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Reflect on the Mavs season, and playoffs, here

Talk about how you feel about the season, and the playoffs
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
dallasmavs1
I Hit Open Layups

dallasmavs1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Talk about how you feel about the season, and the playoffs

No doubt that the Mavs had their best season in franchise history. That should be commended. I think the Mavs came apart in the finals. When you start blaming everyone else but yourselves when you lose a game (see the Detroit Pistons in the 2006 Eastern Conference finals) you will only hurt yourself and the team. Emotions got in the way of their playing ability. Of course it doesn’t help any when Mark Cuban is out pointing fingers and shouting obscenities at officials. Had the Mavs and Cuban acted more like professionals and grownups rather than elementary children out on the playground, I think the outcome of the 2006 NBA Championship would have come out a different way.
dallasmavs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

We lost. We are mad right now. Please, dont make a post like this
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
We lost. We are mad right now. Please, dont make a post like this

Talk about being mad. Let it all out
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #5
nuggetsoftruth
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nuggetsoftruth has an OK reputation so far
Default Almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmavs1
No doubt that the Mavs had their best season in franchise history. That should be commended. I think the Mavs came apart in the finals. When you start blaming everyone else but yourselves when you lose a game (see the Detroit Pistons in the 2006 Eastern Conference finals) you will only hurt yourself and the team. Emotions got in the way of their playing ability. Of course it doesn’t help any when Mark Cuban is out pointing fingers and shouting obscenities at officials. Had the Mavs and Cuban acted more like professionals and grownups rather than elementary children out on the playground, I think the outcome of the 2006 NBA Championship would have come out a different way.

No doubt Dallas is a true contender now and that is a huge accomplishment. No doubt refereeing needs major overhauls. A true champion will pack this one in the bag, move to next season and come back even stronger. Sometimes this just gets eclipsed by a prodigy - Dwyane Wade did match every free throw Shaq missed, and in some cases matched all Dallas' free throws.

Fix the refereeing soon, because it is atrocious, but I truly believe Dallas had it in them to win despite bad and non-calls. It didn't happen. It didn't happen.

I want to see Dallas go all the way through again next year.
nuggetsoftruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far
Default how easy you fools forget

do you guys think you would be in the finals if it wernt for the refs?
is mark cuban not the master of the puppets of refferees?
is it just coincidence that the AAC is called the "whine cellar"?
ive lived in dallas for 13 years, and ive never heard so much *****ing about refs. if the refs called a correct game, they wouldn't have given dirk all those game deciding freethrows, they woundlt have called a foul on duncan when dirk stepped on his foot, AND they would have called a foul on dirk when he slapped duncans arm at the end of game 7. quit being so ungrateful, you guys were given a gift now that u didnt have the gift in the finals its all the refs fault. so, it was the refs fault when dirk choked in game 3? was it the refs fault devin harris didnt show up to the finals after he did SOO well in the rest of the playoffs? you guys are going to be even better next year no doubt but dont act like referees are the reason you lost.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Yes, call the aac the whine cellar. and complaining and the refs. Yes it's been a while since the 2nd round and you still are whining yourself. It's one thing to be a biased spurs fan but to be a hypocrite as well.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
timmyD
I hit open layups

Default the point is

you probably wouldnt have won if you guys didnt get those calls like miami probably wouldnt have won if miami hasnt gotten some late calls in the last 2 games. im stating what has happend not complaining. im all ready for next season.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 AM   #9
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

keyes stfu
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
timmyD
I hit open layups

hey scott, what about england?
Old 07-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

hey dont worry about it
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
RC BUFORD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RC BUFORD has an OK reputation so far

This was the Mavericks year to win the title. They blew it. Sorry to say, that was their last chance. At least you have the Cowboys.
RC BUFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #13
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

you know i am always amazed by the animosity of spurs fans, I feel that the mavs have been dominated by them for the last decade, and that the mavs have been more than willing to admit that the spurs were the better team. Avery has even pointed to the spurs as a model for the mavs; however, one "upset" and the spurs fans are up in arms. Yes the mavs won that series on a last second foul, and obvious call. Yes the no call on duncan was suspect, but you can't say it was a gift. The mav's dominated the first series. They dominated the first half of the spurs series then lost several very close games only to win the final close game. Duncan was amazing and there was nothing we could do to stop him. The suns played incredibly, but almost no one chose them before the series to beat the mavs. With the suns style and two long series before, it was only a question of when, not if the mavs would win. Then the Mavs provided the NBA with the worst choke story in NBA finals history. The end was disappointing, but the journey, while unexpected, was well earned.

And may i point out one fact for you pissed off spurs fans? Yes the mavs dominated the free throw stat, but they also won in rebounds, and steals, and turnovers. This tells me that the mavs were playing with hustle and desperation, while the spurs were playing their textbook game. The mavs were driving to the hoop because that was where they had the advantage, while the spurs took open jump shots and had duncan pound it inside. Tell me how many free throws dirk took and how many duncan took. If you add up the entire series, they each took 90 free throws... funny, i thought there was no way someone could shoot as many free throws as dirk did in that series, well not unless that got help from the refs.....
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: