Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Watch this and tell me Lebron played as hard as he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
THIS.

I need to know, that shit perplexed me.

He had an awful series.
BTW, did you hear they cancelled your game this year? I know you love NBA Live. You'll need to wait one more year at least.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

erectile dysfunction (basically, performance issues)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
erectile dysfunction (basically, performance issues)
haha
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #19
dirtydez
Banned

dirtydez has an OK reputation so far

dirtydez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Uhh, LeBron isn't really capable of playing that style anymore.

It's the refusal to take shots when available, that's the issue. He didn't show an iota of offensive aggressiveness outside of Game 1. There has to be a better reason for that than just being "scared".
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #21
Kiarip
High School Starter

Kiarip is considered somewhat coolKiarip is considered somewhat cool

Back then the dude was younger and he was just building up his name in the NBA.

now he has so much hype behind him that the pressure is just too much, and he passes the ball off.

Back then he worked his ass off on every position to prove that he was the best player in the league, and now he's afraid to lose that.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiarip
Back then the dude was younger and he was just building up his name in the NBA.

now he has so much hype behind him that the pressure is just too much, and he passes the ball off.

Back then he worked his ass off on every position to prove that he was the best player in the league, and now he's afraid to lose that.

Lebron doesn't have the Eye of the Tiger.. it is a Sad day to be a Lebron James fan right now.. This failure is on him, if he played the way he has played so many times in the past Heat are probably holding championship trophy today..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Uhh, LeBron isn't really capable of playing that style anymore.

It's the refusal to take shots when available, that's the issue. He didn't show an iota of offensive aggressiveness outside of Game 1. There has to be a better reason for that than just being "scared".
So, dude is already past his physical prime at age 26 and with no major injuries huh? I just dont buy it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
No.45
Triangle Defense

No.45 has an OK reputation so far

two words: rashard lewis
No.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

That's some seriously bad help defense. I can't believe it's the same team that won the title and made 2 finals appearances.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #26
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #27
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
So, dude is already past his physical prime at age 26 and with no major injuries huh? I just dont buy it.
I mean its obvious he can't do what he did physically as early as last year.

But that's what I don't get. 26 ... no major injuries. No major injuries to load sustaining joints or ligaments IE knees, ankle, feet, etc.

So what's really the problem?

It's not even like he has a TON of basketball on his body.

He went home really early last year.

He went home early in 2009.

He went home really early in 2008.

This year he had help with the scoaring load in Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. So what is really the issue?

You guys are looking at his tape from 2007 (which he was fantastic, I got to witness it live as it happened ... still remember being in the pizza / bar when it was taking place and people were going ape sh1t)

He looked at that moment destined for greatness. Hell he did the next year too when he dropped 45 in a duel with Pierce in game 7.

But this fall from grace is staggering. He simply can't blow by people anymore. Look how he blew past Tayshaun Prince in that youtube clip. As I've said before look at clips of him dominating in last year's playoffs off the dribble. He's lost ALL that explosiveness. And with no excuse for injuries, what's really the problem? Is it a mental block? Or could it be that this kid really was on some kind of steroids?

I mean I remember a game just last season where he went up for an alley oop against the Blazers, and his whole upper body was almost above the rim.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
I mean its obvious he can't do what he did physically as early as last year.

But that's what I don't get. 26 ... no major injuries. No major injuries to load sustaining joints or ligaments IE knees, ankle, feet, etc.

So what's really the problem?

It's not even like he has a TON of basketball on his body.

He went home really early last year.

He went home early in 2009.

He went home really early in 2008.

This year he had help with the scoaring load in Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. So what is really the issue?

You guys are looking at his tape from 2007 (which he was fantastic, I got to witness it live as it happened ... still remember being in the pizza / bar when it was taking place and people were going ape sh1t)

He looked at that moment destined for greatness. Hell he did the next year too when he dropped 45 in a duel with Pierce in game 7.

But this fall from grace is staggering. He simply can't blow by people anymore. Look how he blew past Tayshaun Prince in that youtube clip. As I've said before look at clips of him dominating in last year's playoffs off the dribble. He's lost ALL that explosiveness. And with no excuse for injuries, what's really the problem? Is it a mental block? Or could it be that this kid really was on some kind of steroids?

I mean I remember a game just last season where he went up for an alley oop against the Blazers, and his whole upper body was almost above the rim.
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #29
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Is it a mental block? Or could it be that this kid really was on some kind of steroids?

I'm actually starting to think it might be the latter. Maybe he's weaned himself off them this year after speculation started regarding his steroid use? Not sure how much steroids would affect explosive movement (e.g., acceleration and leaping), though.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #30
wpdougie2180
Decent playground baller

wpdougie2180 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
I'm actually starting to think it might be the latter. Maybe he's weaned himself off them this year after speculation started regarding his steroid use? Not sure how much steroids would affect explosive movement (e.g., acceleration and leaping), though.

Not trying to make an excuses for Lebron but people said the same thing about Dr. J losing athleticism at 26 too with no major injuries . Look it up
wpdougie2180 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: