Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
Reef
College star

Default Re: Dirk just took away Q's MAIN selling point in all his arguments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Are you really comparing Bargnani to Kwame Brown?

Seriously, that's just retarded. Kwame at least rebounds and plays D.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

It's funny that I get accused of hi-jacking and ruining other people's threads when the exact opposite is what happens here. I create a thread (any thread on any topic) and you guys come in here with personal attacks, sarcasm, and/or a dismissive attitude. It's no secret why this forum has turned to shit. You're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's a consensus one that the majority of people agree upon. And everyone, including some of the leaders (i'm looking at you Chamberlain) are largely responsible.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #33
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Been pretty unbiased in here I think. I see the argument on both sides. Meh.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #34
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Man you idiots can't even acknowledge when a good point has been made. Nowhere in this thread do you see me saying Dirk = Bargnani. Nowhere in this thread have I said Raptors = a championship team. NOWHERE. So I don't even know where that stupid shit is coming from. All I said is that Dirk broke the mold of a perimeter oriented big not being able to win the chip. People act like Dirk's D and rebounding has gotten so much better over the past 5 years since he lost to the Heat. Truth be told, the only thing that I can see that has changed since from Dirk is his resolve. He's more calm and collected during the big moments. But other than that, it's his teammates. Dirk's D and rebounding are still average to below average. But you stick Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion (Caron Butler), Deshawn Stevenson and Jason Kidd next to him in the starting lineup and all of a sudden you have 4 guys who can do the dirty work leaving Dirk to focus on his offense. Whose to say that with a similar setup (WHICH I KNOW WE DON'T HAVE NOW!!!!) we couldn't do the same thing?

Because Dirk is not even the same type of player as Bargnani. That's like saying Dirk and Okur are the same player. He MAY be a perimeter oriented big (the main point you're trying to make) but when you look at his fallaways and postup moves and compare them to Bargnani's pumpfake and drive go to move you'll see that it's night and day. When Dirk posts from the top of the key he can see the floor and decide what he wants to do. If the double comes, he makes the pass to Terry or Kidd for the wide open three. If the help doesn't come from the strongside he spins and goes for the lefty. Have you ever seen Bargnani facilitate the offense like Dirk? No, Bargnani gets the ball in his hands and either takes the quick shot/drive or swings it. He doesn't help his team get better shots. Also, Dirk has better hands on D than Bargnani does and is much much more aware in terms of help defense and boxing out.

Your entire argument is gutter trash and you have the audacity to call out other posters?

Edit: And guess what? Dirk has been on the Mavs for 10 years and Cuban has tweaked the team for just as long and the Mavs FINALLY won their championship after all these years with better coaches and better teams than the Raptors will ever dream of over the next couple years (my guess as to how long Bargs will remain a Raptor). Yet you still want to build around an inferior product. Get the **** out.

Last edited by Prodigy : 06-14-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #35
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Been pretty unbiased in here I think. I see the argument on both sides. Meh.

You have GOT to be kidding me. And you wonder why I think your the worst mod on this website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
I've read Q say numerous times that unlike Bargs, Dirk was good enough to build around.

Bargnani's offense is not as good as Dirk's. Dirk played well on team defense in the finals. He was rotating on time. If he didn't, the D would have collapsed. The D was excellent. Bargs is probably the worst team/help defender in the league. Dirk plays hard and with heart - concepts foreign to Vag.inani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
FCK OFF retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
You know what? Beastnani is right. We're winning the championship next year. Let's start celebrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
So wait a second. Lemme see if I got this straight.

Some random dude said that he does not think a team can win building around Dirk. He ends up being wrong. So you decide that an entire thread should be created to point out that this guy was wrong about whether a team can win being built around Dirk?

Really? Should we create a new thread any time someone is wrong about something just to point it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keantona
Comparing Nowitski to Bargnani is comparing champagne to cat's piss.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #36
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Sorry, meant to say that about me specifically. I'm not that blind. Thanks for the compliment though.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #37
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Sorry, meant to say that about me specifically. I'm not that blind. Thanks for the compliment though.
Can you honestly tell me that if somebody else had created this exact same thread, these are the type of responses it would've gotten? The thread has been completely hi-jacked and ruined by unintelligent banter more related to myself than to the actual topic.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #38
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I agree, but you should know that going in.

If you'd like me to close the thread, just ask.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #39
DJMason
High School JV MVP

You create a thread that is one giant unintelligent personal attack and then get upset because some are lobbed at you?

Also you've said that the point of the post was that the Mavs are an example of how if we built around Bargnani better the team would do better, so yes Bargnani vs. Dirk comparrisons are completely on-topic and in no way a hijack of the thread.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #40
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
You create a thread that is one giant unintelligent personal attack and then get upset because some are lobbed at you?

Also you've said that the point of the post was that the Mavs are an example of how if we built around Bargnani better the team would do better, so yes Bargnani vs. Dirk comparrisons are completely on-topic and in no way a hijack of the thread.
There's nothing "unintelligent" or "personal" about it. Yes, the thread mentions Q but it doesn't say "**** off Q" or anything that has been said to me. It was 100% basketball related, and nothing more than that. That's first of all. Second of all, people are wasting time telling me that Bargnani does not = Dirk when I never said he does. All that has been said is that if we structure our team in a similar way, we could be successful.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #41
DJMason
High School JV MVP

So then again if you admit that Bargnani isn't as good as Dirk, then who's to say that building a similar team will yield similar results? I mean as you said Dirk is a top-3 offensive weapon in the NBA every year, whereas Bargnani is simply an above average scorer (I know you didn't say this part, but most would agree). The difference between those two categories of player is massive, so I for one am skeptical as to the limits of our success with a similar team, although of course we'd be more successful just as we would have been massively more successful if we'd given Bosh a similar team to play with. That's not even getting into the difference in the drive to win between the two. I mean as great as the supporting cast for Dirk is, he had to be a dominant 4th quarter presence in the clutch to get them the timely wins they needed. Bargnani has yet to prove he has that ability or drive.

It's not a matter of people thinking you're saying Bargnani=Dirk, it's that you clearly think he's closer to Dirk than he appears to be to the rest of us so people are pointing out the reasons why they appear so far apart and therefore the Dirk model won't automatically equal great success for us.

As for the thread, creating an entire thread that essentially tries to call out a poster for being "wrong" is a personal attack, cussing or not.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #42
bokes15
Playoffs!

Without even reading through this entire thread, I can give you a quick answer to your comments. Dirk "breaking the mold" wasn't because the new trend should be to grab a 7 foot jumpshooting bigman and keep trying to put pieces around him to compensate for his weaknesses. Dirk broke the mold not just because he was capable of doing those things. It was because he was GREAT at doing those things. I don't think that we or any other team could replicate that kind of success unless we had another Dirk on our hands, which clearly we don't.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #43
Himan12
On the clouds

To bad we dont have a generational talent like Dirk Nowitzki to build around.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #44
bluerap
Good High School Starter

Quote:
It's funny that I get accused of hi-jacking and ruining other people's threads when the exact opposite is what happens here. I create a thread (any thread on any topic) and you guys come in here with personal attacks, sarcasm, and/or a dismissive attitude. It's no secret why this forum has turned to shit. You're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's a consensus one that the majority of people agree upon. And everyone, including some of the leaders (i'm looking at you Chamberlain) are largely responsible.
Honestly...'what a dumbass.
You start a ridiculous thread to call out a guy and then complain when people call you on it.
Get a life.

Oh... And big shocker that a team can win with a former MVP.
Bargs isn't even an all-star. Dirk is a freaking MVP
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #45
T-Low
College superstar

Please close this thread.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: