Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Steve Kerr says LeBron James is Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
This is the same player who leads the league in PPG in both regular season and playoffs among all active players
Biggest drop off ever in Finals history in ppg average.

He went from 27 ppg to 17 ppg.

A 10 ppg drop off ... IN THE NBA FINALS !!!
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
themeanone
Can barely lace up my sneakers

themeanone has an OK reputation so far

More similar yes. But better scorer and worse defender-overall better player.
themeanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
Roundball_Rock
NBA lottery pick

Roundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I also think pippen is the better defender and more skilled. Hey was it you that said pippen avg 23 ppg in 95?

He averaged 22 ppg in 1994 and was at 22 ppg in 95' before MJ came back.

Lebron is a better player but Pippen is the superior finals performer. 21/9/8, 21/8/8, 21/9/7.
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not quite the exact quote...he basically said Bronzy has Jordan's talent, with Pippen's skillset. and lacks the mentality.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
He averaged 22 ppg in 1994 and was at 22 ppg in 95' before MJ came back.

Lebron is a better player but Pippen is the superior finals performer. 21/9/8, 21/8/8, 21/9/7.
Damn. Pippen was a beast. Transform those stats to 80s and its an easy triple double. And that's not even counting the defensive side of the ball. In which he's the goat from the perimeter
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Scottie Pippen deserves to be disrespected for making stupid statements and comparisons.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
In which he's the goat from the perimeter

Clown.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #23
fbnyc

fbnyc has an OK reputation so far

Lebron showed that he can be more athletic than Pippen.

But Pippen is definitely more skilled though. He can do things on the post and has better footwork doing moves Lebron just can't at this point.
fbnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #24
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbnyc

But Pippen is definitely more skilled though. He can do things on the post and has better footwork doing moves Lebron just can't at this point.

Pippen's easily more skilled in the post, but I wouldn't say he was a more skilled offensively player overall. Didn't really have the face-up game LeBron did.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #25
Ronin
Kid Clutch x 35

Ronin has no real reputation yet.

not bad. He does seem like Pippen more so..
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #26
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Pippen's easily more skilled in the post, but I wouldn't say he was a more skilled offensively player overall. Didn't really have the face-up game LeBron did.
Or the court vision. Which is LeBron's best actual basketball skill. LeBron is also a superior ball handler. About same in terms of shooting. LeBron's a better scorer overall. LeBron is a better finisher (excluding this year) ... Pippen's the better defender.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #27
fbnyc

fbnyc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

true. But I'd say Pippen is slightly better all around. Not to overrate him at all or anything though but I feel he just made that type of impact on the Bulls.
fbnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #28
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Jordan has more competetive fire in his belly than the entire big 3 put together.

That's not necessarily a knock on them, just that the comparison was always silly to begin with.

LeBron plays basketball because he's very good at it, has a lot of god given ability, and it's fun to play.

He doesn't have the mentality of Jordan which is to basically destroy anyone and anything that got in his way of an NBA championship.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #29
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

MJ actually told Pippen to say that before the Finals. It worked since it messed with lebron's head.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #30
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So tell us Scottie, now that the shoe is on the other foot, how does it feel to be insulted like that...

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: