Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #31
zay_24
Local High School Star

Default Re: Steve Kerr says LeBron James is Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan

Lebron is ron harper status,
zay_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #32
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

Clown.
Are you even a bulls fan? I know I've seen posts from guys that say you're a band wagoner. But I didn't want to believe it.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #33
bluechox2
#knickstape

pippen disrespect jordan, so kerr is backing up michael on this one.
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #34
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Are you even a bulls fan? I know I've seen posts from guys that say you're a band wagoner. But I didn't want to believe it.
I'm not a Bulls fan because I don't agree with your statement?

One person said that, and he apologized soon after.

Of course I'm a Bulls fan. Haven't you followed my posts?

Scottie Pippen isn't the best permiter defender of all-time though.

Jordan was the better defender than Pippen. You can tell who just started watching the late 90's Bulls as opposed to someone, like myself, who saw Jordan in the early 90's as well.

Jordan was always the better defender. Superior instincts. Even Bulls coaches have commented on it.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #35
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

The problem is, LeBron can't afford to be Pippen... because Wade isn't Jordan.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #36
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I'm not a Bulls fan because I don't agree with your statement?

One person said that, and he apologized soon after.

Of course I'm a Bulls fan. Haven't you followed my posts?

Scottie Pippen isn't the best permiter defender of all-time though.

Jordan was the better defender than Pippen. You can tell who just started watching the late 90's Bulls as opposed to someone, like myself, who saw Jordan in the early 90's as well.

Jordan was always the better defender. Superior instincts. Even Bulls coaches have commented on it.
How? Scotie defended multiple positions from his spot. I agree that jordan was a better man defender. But pippen help defense was second to none.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #37
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
How? Scotie defended multiple positions from his spot. I agree that jordan was a better man defender. But pippen help defense was second to none.
All of the Bulls coaching staff have freely admitted Jordan was the better defender. Pippen maybe the more versatile defender because he can guard the 4 spot and Jordan couldn't ... that doesn't make him literally a superior defender.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #38
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
All of the Bulls coaching staff have freely admitted Jordan was the better defender. Pippen maybe the more versatile defender because he can guard the 4 spot and Jordan couldn't ... that doesn't make him literally a superior defender.
Lol it does in my book. I acknowledged that pippen wasn't quite the man defender that jordan was, but he wasn't chopped liver. They were very close as far as man defense and pippen was much more versitle.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #39
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Lol it does in my book. I acknowledged that pippen wasn't quite the man defender that jordan was, but he wasn't chopped liver. They were very close as far as man defense and pippen was much more versitle.
Versatility doesn't = superiority. See LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, etc.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #40
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Quote:

Sorry no, Scottie stepped up when it mattered the most...in 94 and 95 and put on the best display of defense ever by a perimeter player in those two seasons especially in 95 when both Grant and Jordan were gone and he still had those bums as one of the better defensive teams in the league. Jordan was never as dominant defensively at his best as Pippen was at his best, period. Who was the one who led the league in the playoffs in drating and defensive win shares in 91 and 96? Pippen. Who was the one completely demolishing the Jazz offense in 97 and 98? Pippen.

I actually think Jordan is slightly underrated as a defensive player as most people dont realize how good he was, but he definitely did not make as big as impact as Pippen did. Scottie was a complete monster out there roaming around on the perimeter. He was always everywhere. His extremely high basketball IQ didn't hurt either. He was a terrific leader defensively.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 06-14-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #41
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Sorry no, Scottie stepped up when it mattered the most...in 94 and 95 and put on the best display of defense ever by a perimeter player in those two seasons especially in 95 when both Grant and Jordan were gone and he still had those bums as one of the better defensive teams in the league. Jordan was never as dominant defensively at his best as Pippen was at his best, period. Who was the one who led the league in the playoffs in drating and defensive win shares in 91 and 96? Pippen. Who was the one completely demolishing the Jazz offense in 97 and 98? Pippen.

I actually think Jordan is slightly underrated as a defensive player as most people dont realize how good he was, but he definitely did not make as big as impact as Pippen did. Scottie was a complete monster out there roaming around on the perimeter. He was always everywhere. His extremely high basketball IQ didn't hurt either. He was a terrific leader defensively.
Its a shame pippen didn't get a dpoy award. But that's politics. And it was hard getting that award when there were so many great defensive centers. I think they awarded GP the dpoy in 96 cuz it makes for a better script for when they played the bulls in the championship. Cuz pip should've won the dpoy in 96 and 95.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #42
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Quote:
Its a shame pippen didn't get a dpoy award. But that's politics. And it was hard getting that award when there were so many great defensive centers. I think they awarded GP the dpoy in 96 cuz it makes for a better script for when they played the bulls in the championship. Cuz pip should've won the dpoy in 96 and 95.

The saddest part about that in the 95 season Scottie was probably the ONE PERIMETER PLAYER who actually deserved the DPOY and actually had a legit claim to being the best defensive player in the league that season. All this...perimeter players work harder, blah blah nonsense doesn't matter. It should boil down to the impact that player has and none of the perimeter players that have won it had a bigger impact or were "better" than big men. When Ron Artest was awarded it in 2004 Ben Wallace probably had his most dominant defensive season that year lol. That shows how inane it was to give it to Artest, especially considering Jermaine Oneal anchored that defense anyway. DPOY is such a popularity contest. Watch Lebron win DPOY next year when he isn't close to as dominant as Howard. You may all not like to see someone keep winning it, but when he is in fact the most dominant defensively player in the league...he should be awarded accordingly.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #43
get these NETS
you can't stop me

steve kerr is proof that talking about sports...and making critical basketball and business decisions are 2 different things...

no pressure or repercussions for sitting in front of a camera and running your mouth
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #44
Harison
The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
So tell us Scottie, now that the shoe is on the other foot, how does it feel to be insulted like that...

Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #45
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Lebron is like Magic Johnson without the charm, charisma, post moves, clutch gene, or passing.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: