Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #16
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I heard he was fired because Paul Allen simply didn't like him on a personal level. Nothing to do with the business aspect at all.

I didnt put enough emphasis on it in my post, but yeah, the word was that it was mostly personal, just like with Pritchard. I don't know if there was any dislike, but from what I understood, they felt like Cho wasnt a good fit for the organization (they wanted to head in different directions and clashed heads because of it?). I feel that Portland has given up on two GM's that didn't deserve an exit yet and did a pretty good job while they were at it, without good reasons. Not very proffesional the way the organization has handled things.

I just googled the Portland statement again and you are correct, chemistry issues were cited as being the biggest reason for firing Cho.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Cho will be a perfect fit for Charlotte. He knows the rebuilding stage. He'll use cap space to add picks like he and Presti used to do. Charlotte is in decent shape going forward, though far from great.

Stephen Jackson has some value, they can get some value for him, though nothing amazing.

Diaw is expiring and may have some value on court to a contender. Could be part of a package for a solid player.

A few solid young guards in Henderson and Augustine.

Thomas is an enigma, but a pretty good talent.

2 1st rounders in the top 20 and some cap space.

It hurt to deal Wallace, but a Wallace/Jackson combo wasn't taking them over the top. They needed to clear out salary and add youth and depth.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Paul Allen: Rich Cho you ****in scrub. This is what I paid you for. TWO wins, TWO against the ****in Dallas Mavericks. Me and Bron could beat the Mavericks. You worthless POS. If the Mavs win more than one game against the Lakers I buy myself an iPhone and shove it up my ass, you clown.

YOU ARE FIRED.

You probably think that the Mavs will win the title and then Michael Jordan will personally hire you, you delusional ****.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
Anshan219
I airball my layups

Anshan219 has an OK reputation so far

Great hire. I'm really starting to wonder about Paul Allen.
Anshan219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I think he's a good fit in Charlotte, Wanted the Knicks to look at him though. I honestly, wouldn't mind Pritchard.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #21
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshan219
Great hire. I'm really starting to wonder about Paul Allen.

just now? ...
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: