Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far
Default I'll be honest -- it wasn't until game 5 that I felt Dallas had a chance.

Game 1 was close, but Miami pulled away in a BIG way at the end. Made Dallas look simple.

Game 2 Miami was dominant but got lazy and Dallas had a really good comeback, but I still attributed it to Miami relaxing more than Dallas having a chance.

Game 3 Miami pretty much punked Dallas on their own floor and right here I thought Dallas couldn't contend with Miami's athleticism and skill.

Game 4 was a game that Miami was in control of for 90% of it, but again at the end I felt they got lazy and allowed Dallas back in, but in hindsight, Miami didn't do anything. Dallas was just the better team.

Game 5 was the game where I finally started thinking Dallas could win the series. It took them 4 games to figure out Miami's defense, but when they finally did, they never looked back.

Game 6 was supposed to be another competitive classic but Dallas basically just punked Miami all over the court. Dallas had figured out Miami's defense and Miami couldn't do anything. Dallas was getting open shots and Miami was basically finished. They wanted none of it.

It just goes to show how important certain things are like intelligence and coaching. The Mavericks looked like they were going to get embarrassed in this series, but they figured Miami out and made the right adjustments.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'll be honest -- it wasn't until game 5 that I felt Dallas had a chance.

You are not the only one. The first two games the Mavs won, I thought they were just fortunate to steal it.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I'll be honest -- it wasn't until game 5 that I felt Dallas had a chance.

i thought they made their chances apparent and imminent in game 2

i gave them a 30-40% chance before the series started, they have pieces Boston/Chicago didn't have and they were hot as the devil's **** coming in
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I picked em in 6... Had my doubts after game 1 i think but once Dallas knew they could win they grew this incredible confidence in themselves and they showed that all playoffs long.
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

that's what is amazing about sports. Mavs lose game 2 and still lose game 3, obviously we're looking at a possible Heat sweep.

but they didnt!

Game 2:2011 \ Game 3: 2006
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #6
The Judge
Decent playground baller

The Judge has an OK reputation so far

Yup. They were really a heavy underdog.

It was really amazing to see Dallas figure Miami out after a few games. Once Dallas did it's like Miami crumbled. The nerd standing up to the bully an the bully not knowing what to do.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
thatoneblackguy

thatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputation

I was thinking they had a good chance when they were up by 10 with 2 minutes to go in game 6.
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

the moment d-wade gave lebron an earful in game 3, i realized that the heat are just hanging on when the mavs are turning it up in the 4th, that other than wade, the heat have kaka in their pants.
that's when i thought they can win. by the end of game 4, they had them figured out.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

after game 2 i tough dallas could win it all but that every game would pretty much come down the the last shot
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: