Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
AJ2k8
Banned

Default Re: Difference between 1st and 2nd scorers on championship teams in the playoffs(00's/10'

Haters be avoiding this like the plague..

Btw, nice thread SA
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
lakers_forever
National High School Star

Default Re: Difference between 1st and 2nd scorers on championship teams in the playoffs(00's/10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
I wish I was old enough to remember that. That must have been an unstoppable combo.

It was. Best team in the 00's by far. You had this amazing duo plus the great role players in Fisher (whos was hitting everything in those playoffs), Fox (played great defense and could hit the open shot), Horry (clutch as always) and Horace Grant still had something in his game.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Off top of my head I'm thinking MJ in '98 (+15.6 ppg)

LeBron not even making the cut.

Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
lakers_forever
National High School Star

Kobe had amazing playoff runs in 08,09 and 10. His numbers in 08 till the finals were amazing. He still ended with 30.1, 5.7 and 5.6 on 48% fg despite the poor finals.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
catch24
phal5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
Kobe had amazing playoff runs in 08,09 and 10. His numbers in 08 till the finals were amazing. He still ended with 30.1, 5.7 and 5.6 on 48% fg despite the poor finals.

Why I still contend that was his overall BEST year (with the exception of '06). If only Bynum or Ariza were SOMEWHAT healthy.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #21
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch24
Why I still contend that was his overall BEST year (with the exception of '06). If only Bynum or Ariza were SOMEWHAT healthy.
How about this ...

Best of Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Regular Season: 2003 / 2006
Post Season: 2008 (what he did to the Spurs was bonkers, especially that move he put on Manu)
NBA Finals: 2009

I would say 2002, but that competition was SUPER weak and he wsn't the number 1 option. Magic had good interior defense, and strong defenders at Bryant's position. Courtney Lee and Michael Pietrus are no joke.

Plus his game 1, complete with the Mamba scowl where he dropped 40 / 8 / 8 ... and left the game fairly early =
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #22
Fatal9
owwwww

[quote=catch24]You knew those numbers off the top of your head? lol./QUOTE]
Nah, by off the top of my head I meant those were the two years I suspected as having the biggest difference (looked up the specific numbers afterwards).
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #23
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
How about this ...

Post Season: 2008 (what he did to the Spurs was bonkers, especially that move he put on Manu)

I would say 2002, but that competition was SUPER weak and he wsn't the number 1 option. Magic had good interior defense, and strong defenders at Bryant's position. Courtney Lee and Michael Pietrus are no joke.

Plus his game 1, complete with the Mamba scowl where he dropped 40 / 8 / 8 ... and left the game fairly early =

Pretty accurate, though his 2008 regular season was on par too. That's the best I've seen his playmaking, that was the most committed he was to defense in years and I'm convinced he could've averaged well over 30 ppg like the previous 2 seasons if he had wanted to especially since he had regained some athleticism. Leading the Lakers to the best record in such a competitive Western Conference was really impressive too. And that was with Gasol for just 26 games and Bynum for just 35, and of course, not at the same time.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
catch24
phal5

Quote:
How about this ...

Solid break down. If we're talking all-around play, I'm not sure you'll find anyone that will disagree with this.

32/7/6 against (Magic) the best defense in the game
Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #25
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Nah, by off the top of my head I meant those were the two years I suspected as having the biggest difference (looked up the specific numbers afterwards).
Hey, being a fellow Mamba fan ... chime in on the above post. Need your thoughts.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Pretty accurate, though his 2008 regular season was on par too. That's the best I've seen his playmaking, that was the most committed he was to defense in years and I'm convinced he could've averaged well over 30 ppg like the previous 2 seasons if he had wanted to especially since he had regained some athleticism. Leading the Lakers to the best record in such a competitive Western Conference was really impressive too. And that was with Gasol for just 26 games and Bynum for just 35, and of course, not at the same time.
Absolutely. People forget he carried that team deep into the season as a top 3 seed before they even acquired Gasoft, I mean Gasol.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #27
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:
Hey, being a fellow Mamba fan ... chime in on the above post. Need your thoughts.
I basically agree. Best regular season IMO was actually 2007 (he was doing such a great job mixing up his game first half of the season, didn't go in epic scoring mode until phil basically asked him after all the injuries, that team was winning 50+ if healthy which is amazing for that roster, and he proved in second half of the season he could literally score 40 every night...averaged it for a month), then 2006, then 2008 (played incredible in second half of that season, best balance I've seen), then 2003.

Best I saw him play in post season was 2008. Dude just DISMANTLED the western conference. Even in the finals he was playing well in the first 3 games, which made it so much more shocking what happened in game 4 and later. Sometimes as Kobe fan you don't know what you're going to get shooting wise, but in those playoffs you knew he was dropping 30 efficiently every night. I had more confidence in his game in those playoffs then I ever did at any other point in his career. After the WCF even I was like WTF, I didn't know he was this good. Then after that I'd say 2009 and 2001. It's just a shame about the finals, he faces top ranked defenses every time, he has actually had some sick SICK Jordanesque statlines going into them ('01, '08, '09, '10) but finals always bring down his final playoff statline.

And not watching true prime Kobe ('06 and '07) with a decent team...feels bad man...we might have missed some 31-33 ppg championship runs, definitely a lot of 40 point playoff games
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #28
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
And not watching true prime Kobe ('06 and '07) with a decent team...feels bad man...we might have missed some 31-33 ppg championship runs, definitely a lot of 40 point playoff games
I know, bro ...

Old 06-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #29
KenneBell
What set you claim?

Getting stuck with bad teams in your prime is one of the worst things that can happen for a superstar.

Kobe would've easily separated himself from the competition if he had a good team in '06 and '07. That's OK though. He didn't quit trying and it paid off.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #30
catch24
phal5

Quote:
I basically agree. Best regular season IMO was actually 2007 (he was doing such a great job mixing up his game first half of the season, didn't go in epic scoring mode until phil basically asked him after all the injuries, that team was winning 50+ if healthy which is amazing for that roster, and he proved in second half of the season he could literally score 40 every night...averaged it for a month), then 2006, then 2008 (played incredible in second half of that season, best balance I've seen), then 2003.

Best I saw him play in post season was 2008. Dude just DISMANTLED the western conference. Even in the finals he was playing well in the first 3 games, which made it so much more shocking what happened in game 4 and later. Sometimes as Kobe fan you don't know what you're going to get shooting wise, but in those playoffs you knew he was dropping 30 efficiently every night. I had more confidence in his game in those playoffs then I ever did at any other point in his career. After the WCF even I was like WTF, I didn't know he was this good. Then after that I'd say 2009 and 2001. It's just a shame about the finals, he faces top ranked defenses every time, he has actually had some sick SICK Jordanesque statlines going into them ('01, '08, '09, '10) but finals always bring down his final playoff statline.

So true dude.

'01 Sixers - 5th Def Rtg
'02 Nets (was actually awesome this series) - 1st Def Rtg
'04 Pistons - 1st Def Rtg
'08 Celtics - 1st Def Rtg
'09 Magic - 1st Def Rtg
'10 Celtics - 5th Def Rtg

Staggering but kinda funny (so unlucky for Kobe) how great these teams were defensively

Last edited by catch24 : 06-14-2011 at 12:27 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: