Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #16
chips93

Default Re: Shawn Marion deserves more credit for the defensive job he did on Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

People who understand bball will alwyas know that Marion, Kidd and Stevenson played him very well. The team rotations made it difficult for Lebron to finish in the paint.

this

and tyson chandler deserves a ton of credit, he defended james on the pick and roll really well, stopped him from getting into the paint with any consistency. a big like tyson chandler, one who blocks shots, but can also defend guys out on the pick and roll are essential to a good defense. and dirk didnt do a bad job either defending the pick and roll against james.

they applied pressure to james throughout the series on the pick and roll, i cant remember any other series where a team did a better job of keeping him out of the paint.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shawn Marion deserves more credit for the defensive job he did on Lebron

I totally agree about Marion. All I keep hearing is about Dirk, Terry and Berea, but I don't barely hear Marion mentioned. He stepped up big in the playoffs with Butler being out for the whole time, and played scrappy defense against LeBron.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
this

and tyson chandler deserves a ton of credit, he defended james on the pick and roll really well, stopped him from getting into the paint with any consistency. a big like tyson chandler, one who blocks shots, but can also defend guys out on the pick and roll are essential to a good defense. and dirk didnt do a bad job either defending the pick and roll against james.

they applied pressure to james throughout the series on the pick and roll, i cant remember any other series where a team did a better job of keeping him out of the paint.

People will bash Lebron a long time for not being able to get in the paint, but when I did see him go to the paint, he was often going against 2-3 guys. He either would get stuffed, stripped or forced to hand off the rock. Chandler played a huge role in this. The completely smothered him in the paint.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sure people give Marion credit but there was no one on one situations. Dallas denied Bron an easy path to the basket, forced him to taking jumpers. Folks might overrate Marion defense and think he is a Bron stopper. You watch the game and notice it wasnt just Marion defending out there. I will give Marion props just for his performance because I thought dude was a dud. A washed up, player collecting checks and not helping Dallas. I was wrong.

I wish Marion would get rid of that WNBA player look he has goin on.

Good post ihatetimthomas, thats what I'm saying.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #20
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

i dont know why, but i totally agree Something about him...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

I'll give Dallas credit for showing harder on screen n rolls and being quicker to double LeBron in the high post than any other opponent in the playoffs. Other than that, whatever struggles LeBron had in the series were self-inflicted. He passed up shots all series, and that passiveness of his was BY FAR the biggest reason for his crappy series.

I'm also watching Game 2 on NBA TV right now and it's ridiculous how many times LeBron had the opportunity(especially late) to break his man down 1-on-1 and take it to rack....but either couldn't or refused to every time. He's not capable of slashing against any capable defensive team. No quickness, acceleration and explosiveness.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #22
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Sure people give Marion credit but there was no one on one situations. Dallas denied Bron an easy path to the basket, forced him to taking jumpers. Folks might overrate Marion defense and think he is a Bron stopper. You watch the game and notice it wasnt just Marion defending out there. I will give Marion props just for his performance because I thought dude was a dud. A washed up, player collecting checks and not helping Dallas. I was wrong.

Good post ihatetimthomas, thats what I'm saying.
I think what was more impressive is how marion went back at him on offense. I honestly was most impressed with marions role on this championship team.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: