Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
rule1223
High school junior varsity star

Default How many times have we heard that a Lebron led team is gonna win it all...

during the regular season only to end up disappointing. What makes this year any different?
rule1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
The Real JW
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: How many times have we heard that a Lebron led team is gonna win it all...

7 times since 2003.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Default Re: How many times have we heard that a Lebron led team is gonna win it all...

preach brudda
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
SacJB Shady
College superstar

but this year is different
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
but this year is different
what everyone said after 2007
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Every year since he was drafted, but I won't be surprised if the Heat do win it all this season. It won't matter, though. No matter how many rings the guy wins, there will always be an asterisk next to his name.

LeBron James*

*Guaranteed a championship for Cleveland, but ended up being second fiddle in Miami to win a ring.

/LeBron hate

The guy is a talented baller, but I just can't get over his arrogance. Every time I try to like the guy, he says something unflattering to dismiss any adoration.

What does ^^^ all that have to do with winning titles? Nothing. Just went off on a tangent.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
what everyone said after 2007

which means their due
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 AM   #8
ThatsGame
Heat >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Every year since he was drafted, but I won't be surprised if the Heat do win it all this season. It won't matter, though. No matter how many rings the guy wins, there will always be an asterisk next to his name.

LeBron James*

*Guaranteed a championship for Cleveland, but ended up being second fiddle in Miami to win a ring.

/LeBron hate

The guy is a talented baller, but I just can't get over his arrogance. Every time I try to like the guy, he says something unflattering to dismiss any adoration.

What does ^^^ all that have to do with winning titles? Nothing. Just went off on a tangent.

Maybe you two just weren't meant to be together?
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
dude77
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar

LeBron James*

5-0 without wade homie .. it's clear who the main guy is on this team
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #10
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

and this thread:
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule1223
during the regular season only to end up disappointing. What makes this year any different?

He's the best player in the league and you're going to keep hearing that until he's no longer the best player in the league.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
nbaballllller
I hit open 5-footers

The fact that he as a ball player and as a team keeps getting better. Plus more experience.

But hes like everyone else in life. He is grinding and working hard to achieve his goal. The only difference is the spotlight and scrutiny.

Sure people said he had a chance to win a ring by now but obviously he and his team were not ready.

Its not easy to win a ring in the nba. Some of the all time greats never did. And other greats such as Shaq and jordan only started winning around lebrons current age. They too had to go through struggles.

If he and his team keeps improving they could very well win a couple rings over the next few years.

People are so quick to jump on and criticise people if they dont achieve their goals. Calling them failures and chokers. But nobody great has ever succeeded without failing numerous times first.
nbaballllller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #13
DMV2
Shot caller

Since 2008 playoffs, so 4 straight seasons now.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #14
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule1223
i'm butthurt because Kobe is not going to win anymore, so i'll bash LeBron

Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

4...5 perhaps. Shaq might hold the record for most years being "Next years champs" though. He had people saying it from like 1994 to 2000.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: