Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Ideal REALISTIC lineup for next season

Rose/Watson/Malcolm Lee(UCLA)
JR Smith/Michael Redd/Brewer
Deng/Grant Hill/Korver
Boozer/Gibson/Troy Murphy
Noah/Asik/Kurt Thomas
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
rob30
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rob30 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ideal REALISTIC lineup for next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Deng/Grant Hill/Korver
Noah/Asik/Kurt Thomas
With that line up the bulls will lose to the heat in 5 once again. Let's be real here as long as deng,boozer and noah(who aren't good enough offensively)is our starting front court the bulls aint getting past the heat.
rob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30
With that line up the bulls will lose to the heat in 5 once again. Let's be real here as long as deng,boozer and noah(who aren't good enough offensively)is our starting front court the bulls aint getting past the heat.

Deng is more than good enough offensively.

Booz had an awful postseason, and Noah definitely needs to improve his offensive game. Especially if he thinks he is worth the 10+ million he'll be getting now.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Deng/Grant Hill/Korver
Noah/Asik/Kurt Thomas

Redd should come in very cheap bec of his past major injuries but I would prefer a MUCH more stable player than JR Smith.
I know its quite a reach but I really like Eric Gordon and would like the mgt to TRY to offer multiple draft picks and even Brewer or Korver and even Asik to get him.
If not, Im ok with Crawford but im also not sure if he would accept the MLE.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
themurph
High School Varsity 6th Man

themurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected posterthemurph is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I'll more than take my chances with that line-up...We add a guy that can shoot 3's and get his own shot (Smith) an aging vet who can still play D and shoot the 3 (Grant Hill) and a back-up shooting guard who has a lot to prove and can put in work coming off the bench (if he can stay healthy...)....

The Bulls' problem wasn't their starting front court...It was their lack of a scoring shooting guard....
themurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:

I disagree. Very much so actually. The Heat did beat us in 5 games this past season, but their 4 wins weren't convincing by any means. We were in every single game until closing minutes of the 4th quarter pretty much and also held leads for the majority of those games. They won the series in 5 absolutely, but they aren't vastly better than us. Just by a small margin. And I don't think the lineup I indicated makes us just a little bit better. I think it improves us by a decent amount.

You're also overlooking a few things. We added a lot of new guys to the team this past season. We had a first year head coach. The coaching staff implemented a brand new system to an overhauled roster. We have players who are willing to improve, are hard workers and will come back better than they were this past season. Rose will improve. Noah will improve. Boozer will fit in better with the system and gel better with the rest of the guys. Thibs will improve. The playbook will improve. This will all help us dramatically.

Adding JR Smith, Grant Hill, Michael Redd, Troy Murphy, and a prospect or two from the draft in addition to the factors I just mentioned will make us able to compete with anyone in the league.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Redd should come in very cheap bec of his past major injuries but I would prefer a MUCH more stable player than JR Smith.
I know its quite a reach but I really like Eric Gordon and would like the mgt to TRY to offer multiple draft picks and even Brewer or Korver and even Asik to get him.

I listed an ideal lineup with the thought of doing it all through free agency, but if we were to try to improve through the trade market than OJ Mayo would be my target. Eric Gordon is a great player I just don't see it being possible. Clippers ownership is famous for not paying up to be able to hold onto quality players, but I don't think they'll let Blake Griffin out of their grasp and to do that they'll have to keep Eric Gordon around at all costs.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by themurph
I'll more than take my chances with that line-up...We add a guy that can shoot 3's and get his own shot (Smith) an aging vet who can still play D and shoot the 3 (Grant Hill) and a back-up shooting guard who has a lot to prove and can put in work coming off the bench (if he can stay healthy...)....

The Bulls' problem wasn't their starting front court...It was their lack of a scoring shooting guard....

Thank you. All of the things you mentioned that those guys can bring to the table are things that we were in need of.

I would also add in that I mentioned Troy Murphy (a stretch power forward that can shoot the 3 to help out our spacing) is another area in which we could use improvement over last year.

We need to target specific players to fill certain needs so that negatives that we had this past year turn into positives for this upcoming year.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Also if you prefer someone more stable than JR Smith and someone we'd be able to bring in through free agency I'd mention Wilson Chandler.

Tamaraw in case you haven't seen it yet refer to the list of SG's I said I would target if I were the Bulls. It's in one of the other threads titled something like "Official offseason trades/signings thread."
Old 07-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Trade Korver, Bogans, Charlotte's pick for OJ Mayo.

Sign Grant Hill,Troy Murphy and Michael Redd.

Rose/Watson
Mayo/Redd/Butler
Deng/Hill/Brewer
Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
Noah/Asik/Thomas
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Rose/watson/whocares
J-rich/JR smith/bogans
Deng/brewer/butler
booz/gibson
noah/asik/thomas if he stays

J-rich for full MLE (if available)
S&T korver&fillers for JR Smith

In case of no MLE pick a ring chaser:
VC
RIP if bought out
J-rich if willing to take pay cut (he may, we have an ideal situation for him)
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nick Young, Wilson Chandler... the only two RFAs worth pursuing.

I have warmed up to JRich, he would be a great acquisition. We need someone that can stay healthy at the 4/5 that can provide solid minutes. Kurt Thomas, by some miracle, survived the season. It is NOT wise to resign him for anything but the league minimum.

JR Smith would take us from a 62 win team, to a 50 win team. Nobody wants Troy Murphy, because he sucks. Michael Redd belongs overseas. He will never contribute in the NBA again. And VC? Come on, so all of a sudden he WONT be a cancer, after being one for his entire career. Psshhh.

NO CANCERS! NO NO NO NO! We have Boozer's headcase, we can't absorb another one.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Since when is Booz a headcase? Having one guy that's a little off isn't that bad... we've got good attitudes on this team.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Since when is Booz a headcase? Having one guy that's a little off isn't that bad... we've got good attitudes on this team.

LOL, Booz isn't a headcase? Dude hoots and howls all day long, and teammates just shake their heads, walk away. We can't afford anymore headcase players, we didn't win the NBA Championship, so I'm sure we could grow our team chemistry.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
LOL, Booz isn't a headcase? Dude hoots and howls all day long, and teammates just shake their heads, walk away. We can't afford anymore headcase players, we didn't win the NBA Championship, so I'm sure we could grow our team chemistry.
i loled. but he's not a headcase. I don't like him, he's a good locker room guy tho.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: