Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

Default The reason why even at Kobe's pinnacle, he never received as much hate as Bron

Kobe received hate for a lot of things. Cheating on his wife, pushing Shaq out of LA, being a selfish ballhog, being arrogant, etc etc.... But what seperated him from Bron is that regardless of all the faults and flaws you could find about the guy, one thing you never had a question about was his desire to win. There's only one instance where I can personally remember questioning Kobe's intentions and that was game 7 vs. Phoenix years back (which is debatable) but aside from that this guy wants to win and will do anything to win. He's not flashy or glamorous or "hollywood as hell" he loves the game of basketball. And you would never hear him say after a loss anything along the lines of "I did my job, and I can't do it alone (Cleveland)" or "I'm good enough as-is, and regardless of the fact that I lost, I'm still living that life and you're not." Kobe always hits us with, "i'm pissed off and i'm gonna be in the gym working my ass off because I don't want to have this feeling again." even after 5 rings. So as much as I hated a prime Kobe at the time, the thought of having to deal with a prime Lebron for the next several years makes me appreciate him a lot.
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Default Re: The reason why even at Kobe's pinnacle, he never received as much hate as Bron

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Webb4
Kobe received hate for a lot of things. Cheating on his wife, pushing Shaq out of LA, being a selfish ballhog, being arrogant, etc etc.... But what seperated him from Bron is that regardless of all the faults and flaws you could find about the guy, one thing you never had a question about was his desire to win. There's only one instance where I can personally remember questioning Kobe's intentions and that was game 7 vs. Phoenix years back (which is debatable) but aside from that this guy wants to win and will do anything to win. He's not flashy or glamorous or "hollywood as hell" he loves the game of basketball. And you would never hear him say after a loss anything along the lines of "I did my job, and I can't do it alone (Cleveland)" or "I'm good enough as-is, and regardless of the fact that I lost, I'm still living that life and you're not." Kobe always hits us with, "i'm pissed off and i'm gonna be in the gym working my ass off because I don't want to have this feeling again." even after 5 rings. So as much as I hated a prime Kobe at the time, the thought of having to deal with a prime Lebron for the next several years makes me appreciate him a lot.

Agreed on all aspects.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
adri41
High School Starter

Default Re: The reason why even at Kobe's pinnacle, he never received as much hate as Bron

I think Kobe just handles the media better. He has said questionable things before, but in general, he's better at being diplomatic and doesn't antagonize the general NBA fanbase quite so much.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri41
I think Kobe just handles the media better. He has said questionable things before, but in general, he's better at being diplomatic and doesn't antagonize the general NBA fanbase quite so much.
That's true. He's less personable i'd say, but he's also for the most part been better at keeping his cards close to the vest rather than laying it all out there for the world to see.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
kaiiu
Banned

Quote:
I think alot of ppl hates Lebrons game on the court to while Kobes was always respected
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Lebron's hate is baseless. Haters just don't like him. But Kobe stays in LA and i think they have the best PR guys out there.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
I think alot of ppl hates Lebrons game on the court to while Kobes was always respected
Yes, that too. You hated Kobe for a lot of things, but everyone respected him for his on-court body of work as well as for his off-court work ethic.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
shaq's--lakers
Dunking on everybody in the park

Kobe's game 7 vs. Suns performance.

Will never be forgotten or forgiven as a NBA Fan
shaq's--lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Lebron's hate is baseless. Haters just don't like him. But Kobe stays in LA and i think they have the best PR guys there.
People loved the dude up until July 2010. He was one of the most beloved figures in the league and so was Wade outside of Dallas.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

WRONG.

People hate Lebron because hes a childish little punk.. more like hating on the spoiled kid in class just because hes spoiled as ***... im doing my thing no matter what lebron does.

but Kobe.. WOW.. people wanted this man dead.. people wished he didnt exist.. people had BAD DAYS in REAL LIFE if kobe was doing good.

it isnt close, really.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

^^ The hate on Kobe wasn't basketball related, that was my whole point.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
kaiiu
Banned

even as a Cavs Lebron was hated by Lakers/ Magic/ Celtic/ Wizard and fans of other good players. But now Cavs fans hate him as well as alot of casual fans and now Bulls and Knicks fans hate him

Now some Heat fans hate him. Goddamn
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
The Iron Fist
Great college starter

Quote:

Heres why the people who say he quit are full of shit.

For his entire career, his biggest and even smallest of detractors said he was nothing more than a selfish ball hog who could never play within the realm of a team. Kind of weird seeing as how before this game 7, he was the facilitator for three straight championships. In that 2006 season, Kobe blew the league away with his scoring prowess. Come playoff time, PJ constructed a plan for the Lakers to beat Phoenix. Kobe would distribute the ball and get his teammates involved just like everyone wanted. The Lakers stretched that series to seven games. Nobody thought they would last 5 just like nobody thought the Lakers would even be in the playoffs. So what happens in game 7? Kobe does what everyone asked him to do, play within the team game and get his teammates involved.

Heres what we got.
Odom - 15 shots
Parker - 13 shots
Walton - 16 shots
Kwame - 12 shots
Cook - 7 shots

Its a damn miracle they even made it to seven games with that lineup. If Kobe was to have quit, you would think it would have been much earlier than game 7 in the playoffs.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
WRONG.

People hate Lebron because hes a childish little punk.. more like hating on the spoiled kid in class just because hes spoiled as ***... im doing my thing no matter what lebron does.

but Kobe.. WOW.. people wanted this man dead.. people wished he didnt exist.. people had BAD DAYS in REAL LIFE if kobe was doing good.

it isnt close, really.

The Rape case didnt make it any better... Rape victims and women were genuinely mad about this.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Lebron's hate is baseless. Haters just don't like him. But Kobe stays in LA and i think they have the best PR guys out there.

Lol @ bolded part. Are you seriously still here? Shouldn't you be joining your other buddies like PauK and PurpleChuck?
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: