Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
treeztuhn
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
Default Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

lakers starting line up:
gilbert arenas
kobe bryant
ron artest
lamar odom
dwight howard

Orlando starting line up:
jamer nelson
Q.richardson
hedo turkoglu
pau gasol
andrew bynum

for me this work well for both team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3l7uygc
treeztuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 7,786
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

I'm sure Orlando wants expiring contracts and/or young talents.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick
 
Allstar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 4,841
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

No one in their right mind would give up two bigs for one. Bad trade idea.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27,139
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I'm sure Orlando wants expiring contracts and/or young talents.
What is Bynum? An old talent?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27,139
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
No one in their right mind would give up two bigs for one. Bad trade idea.

Lakers would do that trade in a heartbeat
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,803
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Lakers would do that trade in a heartbeat

they are no NY Knicks....so forget about it
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
treeztuhn
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
No one in their right mind would give up two bigs for one. Bad trade idea.
so do you think the lakers will not accept this trade?? i dont think sooooo... Dwight can bring a team with to playoffs without a good supporting cast....
treeztuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
ImmortalD24
Banned
 
ImmortalD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: /watch?v=j5FhQc-LJ-o&#t=4299s
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Hell no.


Make this Jameer/Dwight instead.. and I'd seriously consider it.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,408
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
they are no NY Knicks....so forget about it
nice post. care to translate?

This trade makes SOME sense because it takes Arenas. If you are getting Howard, you are taking Arenas. That's why some of the other trades make no sense where Orlando gets lesser talent (Hump/Lopez) who will take up salary for years and also they keep Arenas.

Personally, i don't think they trade him. I think their GM is right now in the owners meeting pushing for a franchise tag. Why would Orlando sign off on any new CBA that doesn't guarantee Howard stays?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 7,786
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
What is Bynum? An old talent?
He's young but is injured too often.
But I was talking mostly about Pau. He's a great player but his contract's got 3 years left (if I'm not mistaken) and he isn't young anymore.
I'm sure the Magic want to get rid of either Arenas or Turkoglu through some big expirer.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick
 
Allstar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 4,841
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Lakers would do that trade in a heartbeat
No they wouldn't. One thing we have learned this year is that just throwing together a bunch of superstars gets you nowhere (i.e. Miami/NY). In the end, a TEAM like Dallas won. That's what the Lakers have...they just need to regroup and get their focus back and they'll be fine. No need to panic and break up the core for no reason.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,803
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
nice post. care to translate?

This trade makes SOME sense because it takes Arenas. If you are getting Howard, you are taking Arenas. That's why some of the other trades make no sense where Orlando gets lesser talent (Hump/Lopez) who will take up salary for years and also they keep Arenas.

Personally, i don't think they trade him. I think their GM is right now in the owners meeting pushing for a franchise tag. Why would Orlando sign off on any new CBA that doesn't guarantee Howard stays?

the lakers are not stupid enough to get rid of both Pau and Bynum for a 6'10 howard. what makes lakers the team to beat was their 7fters...

what Lakers need is perimeter defense where the guys dont blow pass grandpa fish and then kobe has to come and save his old a$$

Lakers will take a bad contract in return and that has to be Hedo or JJ Reddick. There is no way the lakers are touching Arenas even if it meant letting go of Howard.

The lakers are at the top always because they have never made any knee jerk reactions...

like trading bynum/odom for JO
bynum for kidd
bynum for Carmelo
so on and so on .....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
treeztuhn
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
the lakers are not stupid enough to get rid of both Pau and Bynum for a 6'10 howard. what makes lakers the team to beat was their 7fters...

what Lakers need is perimeter defense where the guys dont blow pass grandpa fish and then kobe has to come and save his old a$$

Lakers will take a bad contract in return and that has to be Hedo or JJ Reddick. There is no way the lakers are touching Arenas even if it meant letting go of Howard.

The lakers are at the top always because they have never made any knee jerk reactions...

like trading bynum/odom for JO
bynum for kidd
bynum for Carmelo
so on and so on .....

you have the greatest and most imposible trade of all time!
treeztuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 38,600
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

Bad trade. Pau Gasol is 30 years old and is on the decline and Andrew Bynum gets injured way too often.
Dwight isn't Monta Ellis or something so stop underrating him
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 6,346
Default Re: Trade idea Dwight+Arenas to Pau+Bynum

No one in Orlando would accept that imo
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy