Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
*looks at location*

we just added an english dude, we're getting better do we have any Brazilians or Spanish folk here

Don't worry I'm going on a scouting trip to Europe in 2 weeks. We'll be sure to knock in some top flight talent.

My #1 prospect Jamal 99. A 7 footer from Serbia, he's going to be a beast in the aerial game!
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Are you cereal?
Uzbekistan is ranked pretty high in FIFA World Ranking.

Qatar is so rich and corrupt they can "buy" talents.

You'll never know what's you gonna get from N. Korea.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #18
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

I can't name a single player from Uzbekistan, and I'm a huge football fan. Qatar might just buy a bunch of brazilians, right. I hadn't thought of that, but I think they'll still suck balls. North Korea...I really don't know what to say. They surprised me the last time, to be honest, but they still are a bad team with a solid, aggressive defense against average teams

Last edited by Lebowsky : 06-15-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #19
guado
Serious playground baller

guado has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Those team above are all very low-tier. We won't see any of those in higher competitions.

Philippines, at least they are trying to be good at basketball.

philippines may pull a surprise.

they have a bunch of guys with pinay moms and british dads that play in england (although most not at a high level, but still higher than anythign in the philippines)

Quote:

fifa world ranking?????????/

not only is it a joke but 83 isn't exactly high

also, uzbekistan had a real bad showing in the final round of qualification the last time around. it's a shame, because they came close to making it to the playoff in 2005.

they did well in the asian cup though, so maybe they have a shot this time around.

qatar already did the buying foreigners thing, and it didn't work.

when they went really out of their way to find a merc like ailton, fifa stopped them.

i wouldn't worry about that.

north korea???

nobody wants to see them lose 7-0 again .

iran has had good players, but they seem to have fallen off.

Quote:
I can't name a single player from Uzbekistan, and I'm a huge football fan. Qatar might just buy a bunch of brazilians, right. I hadn't thought of that, but I think they'll still suck balls. North Korea...I really don't know what to say. They surprised me the last time, to be honest, but they still are a bad team with a solid, aggressive defense against average teams

their most noticeable player owuld be shatskikh. he spent ten years at dynamo kiev and is their leading scorer.

many of their players play for bunyudkor, who's won the last three titles and had some good runs in the asian champions league.

looking at these fixtures reminds me of playing fifa road to the world cup 98 and qualifying with a bunch of horrible teams.
guado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #20
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Uzbekistan are no. 56 in FIFA World Rankings.

But teams that have a realistic chance of qualifying for World Cup from Asia are Japan, Koreas, Australia, Bahrain, Saudi, Iran, Uzbekistan, Iraq, China.

And on Qatar. I think in 2022 we will find their team made 100% of Brazilians/Argentinians who cant make their own national teams. Just like their athletes are today.
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm pretty nice in the pipes if we're putting a team together to qualify.

I get such mixed emotions with qualifying because it's international soccer but it's also so far away from the big show...

And I don't even have Euro to get as excited about and emotionally invested... just the Gold Cup...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #22
Whatfoul?
I hit open 5-footers

Whatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this board

[quote=NauruDude]Uzbekistan are no. 56 in FIFA World Rankings.

But teams that have a realistic chance of qualifying for World Cup from Asia are Japan, Koreas, Australia, Bahrain, Saudi, Iran, Uzbekistan, Iraq, China.

And on Qatar. I think in 2022 we will find their team made 100% of Brazilians/Argentinians who cant make their own national teams. Just like their athletes are today.[/QUOTE]

Its a joke that they are even hosting it.
Whatfoul? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^
It's what Oil money does for ya.. I like the idea of expanding to new places but Qatar is just bizarre. I wouldn't mind if the WC was in Australia, Canada, or even some new place like Turkey. But Qatar?

Also is there any chance for China to qualify? You would think a country with it's size, population and resources would be a bit better than the garbage they are, same with India.. After the US, FIFA's new biggest untapped market is China and India.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #24
NauruDude
Banned

NauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputationNauruDude has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
^^
It's what Oil money does for ya.. I like the idea of expanding to new places but Qatar is just bizarre. I wouldn't mind if the WC was in Australia, Canada, or even some new place like Turkey. But Qatar?

Also is there any chance for China to qualify? You would think a country with it's size, population and resources would be a bit better than the garbage they are, same with India.. After the US, FIFA's new biggest untapped market is China and India.

Qatar is just WEIRD. I mean the WC would never be hosted in a place like Rwanda, Burundi (except if they had oil money obviously) so Qatar shouldnt be a contender. Its a city-state.

China qualified in 2002 (when they didnt have to compete with South-Korea and Japan and theyre certainly better than India (i think))
NauruDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado

they have a bunch of guys with pinay moms and british dads that play in england (although most not at a high level, but still higher than anythign in the philippines)

also, uzbekistan had a real bad showing in the final round of qualification the last time around. it's a shame, because they came close to making it to the playoff in 2005.

they did well in the asian cup though, so maybe they have a shot this time around.

when they went really out of their way to find a merc like ailton, fifa stopped them.

north korea???

their most noticeable player owuld be shatskikh. he spent ten years at dynamo kiev and is their leading scorer.

many of their players play for bunyudkor, who's won the last three titles and had some good runs in the asian champions league.

looking at these fixtures reminds me of playing fifa road to the world cup 98 and qualifying with a bunch of horrible teams.

Yeah Iran has a couple of very good players in Nekounam and Massoud Shoei. The former is a good box-to-box midfielder with good scoring skills, and the latter is a flashy and very skilled winger. I don't know about the rest of the team though.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #26
solar.hands
not a sig

solar.hands has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by guado

north korea???

philippines have a good chance of beating sri lanka but i think thats about it. i dont think we'll make it to 2014. heck we cant even dominate southeast asia.

if your gonna ask me philippines' basketball team had a higher chance of qualifying in fiba world than our football team trying to qualify for 2014.
solar.hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #27
Whatfoul?
I hit open 5-footers

Whatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
^^

Yeah its that oil money that bought them it. Sepp Blatter is so corrupt.
Whatfoul? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Yeah Iran has a couple of very good players in Nekounam and Massoud Shoei. The former is a good box-to-box midfielder with good scoring skills, and the latter is a flashy and very skilled winger. I don't know about the rest of the team though.

What happened to Ali Karimi? He played for Munich.... was a beast.

Also the helicopter guy... can't remember his name.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
What happened to Ali Karimi? He played for Munich.... was a beast.

Also the helicopter guy... can't remember his name.
I think Karimi signed for Schalke last year, at least I remember hearing so. He must be thirty-something nowadays though. There was also another iranian guy who used to play in Bundesliga called Mahdavikia, fast-as-hell winger. He must be up there in age too, though. I don't know if he still plays for his national team.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #30
guado
Serious playground baller

guado has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauruDude
Uzbekistan are no. 56 in FIFA World Rankings.

And on Qatar. I think in 2022 we will find their team made 100% of Brazilians/Argentinians who cant make their own national teams. Just like their athletes are today.

i don't know what ranking you're talking about, but he mentioned fifa.

they're 83 in the fifa ranking

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ra...25998&rank=204

Quote:
philippines have a good chance of beating sri lanka but i think thats about it. i dont think we'll make it to 2014. heck we cant even dominate southeast asia.

if your gonna ask me philippines' basketball team had a higher chance of qualifying in fiba world than our football team trying to qualify for 2014.

i should've been more clear. i meant surprise as in do better than people expected, not qualify.

although just by trying they've improved, since they didn't even try the last.

i should be getting an azkals jersey shortly to support them

the helicopter guy is hashemian. past his prime

ali karimi is way past it too.

kaebi looked like he could've became special but stunk it up at leicester .

ali daei was good but he's long gone

all the guys that were the core ten years ago are past their prime and the young guys aren't as good as them, at least it seems.

Last edited by guado : 06-16-2011 at 12:29 PM.
guado is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: